Make champs harder

MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
When champion spawns first came out, you could maybe solo a barracoon. But you wouldn’t try to solo the rest. Equipment now has made it so easy for a lone sampire to solo any champ. 

Travesty and doom have been made harder. 

Champs should take more than one person to work like they were originally designed for. 

I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

Comments

• TetsuoTetsuo Posts: 7

If they made champ spawns harder there would hardly ever be any champs to raid. The player count is so low now that the one to two players doing a champ on some shards is all we have got to raid. You make it to hard for a single player or a small group and they wont get done and it will kill pvp or you will end up with a massive zerg doing the champ spawn and no chance to raid because you wont have enough on.

♥♥♥♥ For Ever Blowing Bubbles. RIP MJ ♥♥♥♥
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    LOL we sure wouldn't want to make PvP harder, now that is funny.  That would suck when the PvMers out numbered the PKers.
  • North_LSNorth_LS Posts: 99
    that would be fine if all shards still had the populations they did during original design. as things stand today, if something cant be soloed, its not going to get a lot of use across the majority of the shards.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    So you want it to stay the same so you have the easy button farming the less populated shards, nice.
  • North_LSNorth_LS Posts: 99
    i want it to stay the same because i live on a non-ATL shard and sometimes when i want to do something, others arent around. I dont farm spawns, and i dont go to other shards. I'd like to have the ability to at least have a chance at knocking out a spawn or two if i want to and can avoid the raiders. 
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,259
    edited April 2018

Mervyn said:
    When champion spawns first came out, you could maybe solo a barracoon. But you wouldn’t try to solo the rest. Equipment now has made it so easy for a lone sampire to solo any champ. 

Delete Sampires.

I make you look like the moderate around here. :p

Seriously, this isn't just a champ spawn issue, I know you are looking at it from that perspective only. You would be treating one of the symptoms, and not the cause if you made champ spawns harder. Sampires dominate all of pvm, not just champ spawns.

You either nerf them (imo delete), or buff everything else - which is (a) not really possible, and (b) would lead to having to increase the difficulty of all content as all classes would find it too easy.

So the only real solution, is to nerf Sampires.

Tetsuo said:

If they made champ spawns harder there would hardly ever be any champs to raid. The player count is so low now that the one to two players doing a champ on some shards is all we have got to raid. You make it to hard for a single player or a small group and they wont get done and it will kill pvp or you will end up with a massive zerg doing the champ spawn and no chance to raid because you wont have enough on.

Dismount is what is killing PvP.

Remove that, and I can guarantee you PvP numbers would double, as more players would find it fun.

• Leave champs alone.  The purpose of them is to fight over for a high value reward.  Making them harder will remove the allure for someone to want come and do them.

As for Sampires they're fine the way they are too.  Sure a Samp can solo a champ but the trade off is they are dog meat if they get raided.