Deleting the Home Owner

Greetings! I've read a few articles and they all say that, when the home owner is deleted, the house just goes to the next character on the list. My problem? All the articles are old and you know how UO changes all the time. Can someone please verify this for me? Would be great because all my other accounts have houses already.

Thanks in advance for any help!
"If you ain't the lead dog, the view never changes."

Comments

• CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,659
    All chars on the same account are considered the home owner.
    I transferred a character to Catskills and then realized she was the one who owned my keep.
    I used one of the other characters on that account to transfer it to another account.
    I didn't want to take any chances of their being problems.
  • CityKittyCityKitty Posts: 69
    Oh I get it now. It's not the character, but the account that owns the house, if I'm understanding you correctly. Makes sense now. Thank you so much for taking the time to respond!
    I think I messed up. I deleted the homeowner but the name on the house remained the same. I waited a couple of days to see if it would update but so far, still same name. Will this affect me if I ever want to sell or trade the house?
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,930Moderator
    No, the house belongs to the account, the name doesn't matter.
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    The name on the sign will only change when the house is placed or traded.  As others have said, the account owned the house... any character can perform all the actions of an owner.
    edited May 2021
    Thank you! I feel better now. :smile:
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,199
    Merus said:
    The name on the sign will only change when the house is placed or traded.  As others have said, the account owned the house... any character can perform all the actions of an owner.
    Sort of true.

If a house owner stones stealing and uses a disguise kit then activates the house menu the sign will show whatever name the disguise kit offered. This is permanent until the house menu is reactivated.

You can also essentially pick your name with a disguise kit by switching hair or beard choices until you find a name you like. 

Enjoy!
  • MargretteMargrette Posts: 549
    Also, in case you wondered, if you use a name change token on the house owner, the name on the house sign will update immediately to that character's new name.