MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
non mage armor: Studded leather, hide armor, stone armor and bone armor
missing the following stat description:
Lower Mana Cost 3%/+3% Max

non mage armor: Platemail, ringmail, chainmail, and dragon armor
missing the following stat description:
Lower Mana Cost 1%/+1% Max

(true for up to 5 pieces)

I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

Comments

• FatFat Posts: 97
    Just checked my gear on several chars. Everything looks good to me. 
  • DJAdDJAd Posts: 290
    I think one needs more details. When I equip 5x studded parts and look at my character sheet it shows me as having 55 lmc. 
  • TetsuoTetsuo Posts: 7

I think all Mervyn is asking for is it to show on the mods list. Maybe he is struggling to work out if it has no mage armour and is bone/studded and so on it adds a 3% and the same for the 1% types. Me personally have never had this problem as it shows on ec how much lower mana cost you have and I can also add up numbers. But UO needs to make this game stupid proof.

♥♥♥♥ For Ever Blowing Bubbles. RIP MJ ♥♥♥♥
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited April 2018
    I know how it works, just thinking of the players that haven't played the game for 20 years. Would be pretty irritating if you had to memorise the mods of all the set piece artifacts etc.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

• SkettSkett Posts: 1,312
    I agree with the op it needs to be on the armor 
    edited May 2018
    Any chance we can at least get the bandaid fix to show the property? I had an 8 year vet approach me with his new suit, and had to tell him to start all over again as it was leather and not studded leather.

edited October 2018
    Interesting how the property line "Caddellite infused" has been added without battering an eyelid, considering they were so averse to adding additional propertly lines.

Also, if the armour also has lower mana cost bonus as a mod, this could be stacked together with the inherent lower mana cost mod. So would not even be adding another line to mods in many many pieces.

• SkettSkett Posts: 1,312
    This is a no brainer if the items has an inherent mob it needs to be shown on he item so everyone knows about it or why not just go back to no item property’s at all and we can just guess 
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited May 2022
    "following hearing that newer players are still today unaware of this lower mana cost bonus.
    Here is an example using my finest MSpaint skills of how the property should read keeping in line with refinement descriptions:

As you can see, if the item already has a lower mana cost bonus (in this case it had 8%), no additional line is required.

It is extremely disheartening to inform someone (especially a newer player) they wasted their gold on 5 out of 6 pieces of armor they are wearing as they should've used bone/studded/hide if they have focus not meditation, and need to rebuild their entire suit"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.