Toons

2»

Comments

• these are really dumb.
  • BenBen Posts: 208
    edited September 2021
    these are really dumb.
    Try making your own. You might like it, and it could help someone laugh.

I do not know how to describe Ultima Online. I am not a gamer. I do not play other games, but I do play UO. There is just something about it. It is a fun distraction in my limited free time.

Living and working overseas in my advanced age, I look at the world and see how it has changed so much in the last year. I have to go into the office later today and face employees who worry for the future. It does not look bright in our industry and the global market as a whole. Regardless what governments are telling the people, market analysts I talk to are saying tight times are still on the horizon.  I believe we can weather the storm, but the outlook is not positive. Thousands of jobs hang in the balance in my company alone. Yet, looking out from my office overlooking Shanghai, I can not imagine signing onto any website and filling any page with more misery. I have to have hope and humor in my world, no matter how dire all does look. I have to have that especially in a game that serves as a momentary distraction for me early in the morning or late in the evening, 

Besides, the toons are simply one running commentary of my own humorous experiences in the game when I see something. Everyone has their own that they could share, if they wanted. I promise, you do not have to look at mine if you do not like them. I do invite you, however, to try sharing your own, and making the world somewhat more beautiful and light in these uncertain times.

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    @Ben F the haters brother you do whatever the hell makes your little heart happy 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • Yep, just ignore the haters @Ben I say and do stupid s**t that only I find funny all the time. I wouldn't say yours are "really dumb" as I have laughed at them myself (maybe that isn't a good indicator though  :D ).  By the way, what industry are you in?
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,678
    i have been enjoying seeing your toons.
    I have also laughed at them.
    happy to see them
    edited September 2021
    Yep, just ignore the haters @ Ben I say and do stupid s**t that only I find funny all the time. I wouldn't say yours are "really dumb" as I have laughed at them myself (maybe that isn't a good indicator though  :D ).  By the way, what industry are you in?
    Corporate support services. We provide support services to a multitude of major companies in China that can not or do not want to do them themselves, because of cost or other reasons, such as marketing and advertising, human resources, trade negotiation, copyright and trademark application, patent registration, accounting and market analysis. After retiring as a tv news anchorman for a government and miltary English news network in Europe, I moved eastward. I do not think I can ever stop working. Retirement from one job just means starting a whole new career. I wear many hats these days, but mostly handle advertising for overseas markets and assisting representatives of different companies when they host foreign inspectors and trade negotiators.
    But, I digress...time for a TOON..
  • AmberWitchAmberWitch Posts: 636
    edited September 2021
    Share a toon.....

my favorite Beijing toon location:

My favorite Shanghai toon:

Hope those put a smile on your face.
    I said toon.. I said toon.. ugh..
    Share a toon.....

my favorite Beijing toon location:

My favorite Shanghai toon:

Hope those put a smile on your face.
    I said toon.. I said toon.. ugh..
    I think I gotcha. How about this one.

• SkettSkett Posts: 1,385
    All you “toons” are newbies we are Char
    Skett said:
    All you “toons” are newbies we are Char
    If the moderator wants to change the title of the thread to, "Images from the Game Depicting Humor or Satire," I am good with that. In the meantime...

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,969Moderator
    I am happy to accept that your staged screen prints featuring your characters are a cartoon by definition