New Quest

2

Comments

  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,217
    We just did it got all my ones of those 3.  Do thunderstorm and run around.  As others kill them you will hear dings of stuff you damaged.

    Some things you just need about 1/8 damage to get credit.  So you can share the kills.

    Easiest is the Elder and Priest that spawn together. 2 Players can get those very quickly.
    Could do same with warriors but my pets eats them fast.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited April 2021
    Pawain said:
    The sleeping Dragon Spawn.  Round 2. Then lions next.  We are doing it during normal play times.

    Always noted the spawn is always an option even during TOT, and I would love to keep and maintain the tier. But somehow its not for everybody (or shard).
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,217
    We have a guy that starts that or Turtle spawn quite often.  We do them a lot.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Pawain said:
    We have a guy that starts that or Turtle spawn quite often.  We do them a lot.

    Can we hire him :D
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • HippoHippo Posts: 280
    edited April 2021
    I used 2 tamers on ATL and finished quest this morn (2 days) - - Kappas were my final kills on both.  The first Tamer got the earrings :-) and the second one got dissected animal corpse. I will quit while I'm ahead and return to the high seas - much less grind there! 
  • Kyronix said:
    I'm sorry, but Zeamina's agent insisted on an NDA.

    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

    Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
     :D 
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited April 2021
    "I am curious as to why Yukio's Abacus is not shard bound, but the other rewards are (except earrings)"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • Has anyone got double of any item yet? Curious cause i got silly, forgot to insure, got killed and lost my desiccation kit.  
  • JepethJepeth Posts: 512
    I have gotten a few doubles.
  • ok cool, at least i know that i can possibly with the luck of the RNG get another kit. Thank you

  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,217
    Has anyone got double of any item yet? Curious cause i got silly, forgot to insure, got killed and lost my desiccation kit.  
    I have received 4 Broken power crystals.  Doing this once a day will yield many extras even if you stop when the next event starts.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    It's going to accumulate quickly... it would be nice if the decors have clean up points. I am getting alot of the skinned meat and can't bbq or use them anyway. 

    @Kyronix
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • it takes me quite a while to run this quest. Any suggestion on how to speed it up or is just a grind festival.  i just started my 4th run. 
  • JepethJepeth Posts: 512
    edited April 2021
    What kind of character are you using? I've done it a bunch of times now on my dragoon, my mage/spellweaving/tamer, and my ABC archer. All of them ranged from about 45 minutes to an hour and 15.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited April 2021
    it takes me quite a while to run this quest. Any suggestion on how to speed it up or is just a grind festival.  i just started my 4th run. 

    Yeah as Jepeth says it depends on the character, but for any character or quest, we need to find the bottleneck. In most cases if Sleeping Dragon is not on Tier 2, and its peak hour, the bottleneck with be Kappa most of the time, and to a lesser extent beetles and revenant lion. So what I do everytime is have many runes and kill what is available first, during peak hour.

    My fastest one round is less than 30minutes or even lesser when Sleeping Dragon is on Tier 2 and you get loads of Kappas and Beetles. Once you clear these 2, the rest are easy. Yomotsu - can always share kill with others because they have higher HPs.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,217
    One luckless player is 1/26 on earrings.   Wish them LUCK from the RNG Gods!
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Jepeth said:
    What kind of character are you using? I've done it a bunch of times now on my dragoon, my mage/spellweaving/tamer, and my ABC archer. All of them ranged from about 45 minutes to an hour and 15.
    SW/Mage/Tamer - BA Cu.  I am wishing I finished my slug up.  Sleeping Dragon seems to hate me, I find a couple of beetles and boat load of hatchlings. Lets not even talk about being stalked by lesser Hiryu.  I have had better luck in the waste for Beetles, just have to keep an eye out for the Witch ;) . Maybe it is time to learn a new template. 
  • I decide to try Sleepy Draggy again.. this time it was dialed back.. no Hiryu and no lions.. still no luck with Beetles. but kappa went down alot faster


  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,217
    I decide to try Sleepy Draggy again.. this time it was dialed back.. no Hiryu and no lions.. still no luck with Beetles. but kappa went down alot faster


    Go around the edges and weave around to get beetles. Also use thunderstorm on the beetles others are fighting, both will get credit since TS doesn't kill them in 1 shot.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,972
    Larisa said:
    Don't do it! Make people sweat it out and do the work to get the items.

    Prepare for the future, it's only 150k doubloons just go get it!

    I ALSO like the fact that you sorta took someone's suggestion of having a full map area to fight in...instead of inside a dungeon we have all three tokuno islands to fight on and get cool items so that's very cool.



    Indeed, that is a whole lot of improvement to have much more open space to roam around rather then a secluded place....

    Although, there still is the "choke" point of the Yomotsu Elders and, to some point, also the Priests... they only spawn at the Mines and the Elders is what, only 1 or maybe 2 spawning at any time and only in a limited, specific location ?

    Personally, considering how players, understandably, tend to focus on new content and, thus, struggle to fight for the same spawn, it would be more beneficial if the choice of what to have to kill was done with MoBs that had multiple spawns, and the more the better, thus giving to players multiple options of where to go to get their kills done.....

    Having to all have to go, necessarily to 1 place, and there only, just forces players to step onto one's another feets and this is not good, to my viewing.

    I'd much more prefer to see WIDE options be given to players as in regards to what to fight, and not use "choke" points which create conflicts among players.

    At least, that is how I see it.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited April 2021
    @popps
    Yomotsu should be easiest as they have higher HP and you can share the kill with others. Just join in any fight, as long as you damage the monsters you get a count when it dies.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited April 2021
    And some players struggle with Yamandon, and will be happy if others join in to kill it. Everyone gets a count for it.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,232
    @Seth - what template are you using to finish up the quest in 30min?
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    keven2002 said:
    @ Seth - what template are you using to finish up the quest in 30min?
    I am using a sampire.

    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    I like Popps’ idea about choosing the spawn. This would be interesting for a future event. Maybe not choose but you get a random set of creatures to kill. So some might have to kill tons of yomatsu creatures while someone else has to kill a bunch of dragons etc. 
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    dvvid said:
    I like Popps’ idea about choosing the spawn. This would be interesting for a future event. Maybe not choose but you get a random set of creatures to kill. So some might have to kill tons of yomatsu creatures while someone else has to kill a bunch of dragons etc. 
    BUT BUT BUT It is not fair that he got chickens and I got GDs
  • JepethJepeth Posts: 512
    Jepeth said:
    What kind of character are you using? I've done it a bunch of times now on my dragoon, my mage/spellweaving/tamer, and my ABC archer. All of them ranged from about 45 minutes to an hour and 15.
    SW/Mage/Tamer - BA Cu.  I am wishing I finished my slug up.  Sleeping Dragon seems to hate me, I find a couple of beetles and boat load of hatchlings. Lets not even talk about being stalked by lesser Hiryu.  I have had better luck in the waste for Beetles, just have to keep an eye out for the Witch ;) . Maybe it is time to learn a new template. 
    While I think my dragoon build does the entire quest faster I've done it more on my SW/Mage/Tamer and generally prefer that build for the experience.

    First let me suggest a Chiv/AI Cu only for the Yamandon. The poison is obnoxious for sure but you can stand close enough to keep consume up while still providing a little room if it switches aggro. It's healing also helps in a pinch. Should be able to take it out in just a minute or two.

    For the Yomatsus I recommend a Chiv/AI fire steed or other fire damage pet. It's their lowest resist and so you'll chew through them faster. I've been doing it with berserk going for the extra damage. I can generally kill all three mobs necessary in about 20 minutes if I'm quick on the all kill macro.

    For Kappas and Beetles I've been using a FWW/PB Naja at the Sleeping Dragon spawn. If the spawn isn't up or I don't want to spend the time advancing it I bounce back and forth between the swamp area at the very south of Homare or a small area up along the coast between the water and the mountains of Homare where a few Kappas and Beetles spawn.

    The Wolves are never an issue, they're basically everywhere. Same with the Revenant Lions which hang around where Yamandon spawns on Homare. I'll do these with the Chiv/AI fire steed, too. 

    None of my pets are very high intensity or full 120s. My Cu is 115 wrestling, everything else is 110 pets. 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,217
    popps said:
    Larisa said:
    Don't do it! Make people sweat it out and do the work to get the items.

    Prepare for the future, it's only 150k doubloons just go get it!

    I ALSO like the fact that you sorta took someone's suggestion of having a full map area to fight in...instead of inside a dungeon we have all three tokuno islands to fight on and get cool items so that's very cool.



    Indeed, that is a whole lot of improvement to have much more open space to roam around rather then a secluded place....

    Although, there still is the "choke" point of the Yomotsu Elders and, to some point, also the Priests... they only spawn at the Mines and the Elders is what, only 1 or maybe 2 spawning at any time and only in a limited, specific location ?

    Personally, considering how players, understandably, tend to focus on new content and, thus, struggle to fight for the same spawn, it would be more beneficial if the choice of what to have to kill was done with MoBs that had multiple spawns, and the more the better, thus giving to players multiple options of where to go to get their kills done.....

    Having to all have to go, necessarily to 1 place, and there only, just forces players to step onto one's another feets and this is not good, to my viewing.

    I'd much more prefer to see WIDE options be given to players as in regards to what to fight, and not use "choke" points which create conflicts among players.

    At least, that is how I see it.
    Clearly you have not done the quest many times. Having one priest and one elder in one spot makes those 20 kills the easiest of the kills. Especially since you just need to do a fraction of the damage get credit. We had four players there one time. We got there at the same time and left at the same time.

    Please learn to play UO and come here to give us tips instead of complaining about the quickest part of the quest.

    Again, I invite you to LS where we play together and have fun doing it. Where you will hear in chat, doing yammy gate is up!
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,815
    I am glad there are no paragons to deal with. 
Sign In or Register to comment.