New Legacy and Event Moderators

During the most last livestream with the dev's they mentioned that there would be no Event Moderators on new legacy. I hope this gets changed personally not because I am a fan of the Events as I do not intend but there is no question that these events draw the biggest crowds in the game currently and the extra stuff to do is always beneficial to keep people interested. UO has always had random events happen over it's lifespan it would be unfortunate to lose those.

The real reason though that I personally want to see Event Moderators on New Legacy is because I believe that this shard offers a unique opportunity to do something never really been done before. When I logged into the game the other day I was feeling Nostalgic so I went to the old PAWS tavern on Pacific (fallen) then I was reading the LS forums and a guy was upset his Rivendell house was falling so I went to check it out. It was nice to see little decorative touches added to those communities that made them special.

Then I thought how cool would it be since the New Legacy game world is only up for a year then it completely resets if EM's would be allowed to reward communities that work together with decorative features around their guild cities. Show a little support to those Role-Players that work hard to provide a unique gaming experience to others.  This game is a better place to be when it had Orc Clans running around, or the noble knights in matching armor and uniforms. The dwarf dude on Atlantic that puts incredible effort into his house designs.

So why not reward the groups that band together to build a community with some extra features to improve the aesthetic. Surround an orc village with orcish walls so it resembles a fort and whatever else can be done to just say hey we see the hard work you putting in to build a community it's not much but let's add some decorative pieces to it to add to the immersion.

The world only exists for a year then reset's in my opinion it just gives a chance to step out of the normal and hopefully embrace these communities so that the grow and carry on in future seasons. The game is at it's best when people are roleplaying and having fun I think everyone that played Pre: AOS has memories of Orc Clans in particular and that is something that should be preserved and embraced. I am not a role player myself but I would enjoy running around the world and stumbling upon these villages and seeing the designs and creativity that they can put together. I would like to see Orc Clans thriving again (hopefully the armor changes don't prohibit this) and I think Event Moderators can provide a little support to these groups with customization of their cities and forts.

Comments

• From what they have described, the NL shard will have enough things -- in particular things that don't currently exist and at least one thing (see the "objective system" described in NL newsletter 4 -- sounding specifically like a beefed up quest system) that's designed to bring meaning to what goes on in-game on a day to day basis. Something I've long-asked for for currently existing shards and the response hasn't been positive.

For it to have EMs too would be a bit much.

Think about it: Everything new and the best of the old? Sort of drives home just how privileged this new shard, not currently in existence, is going to be.

• From what they have described, the NL shard will have enough things -- in particular things that don't currently exist and at least one thing (see the "objective system" described in NL newsletter 4 -- sounding specifically like a beefed up quest system) that's designed to bring meaning to what goes on in-game on a day to day basis. Something I've long-asked for for currently existing shards and the response hasn't been positive.

For it to have EMs too would be a bit much.

Think about it: Everything new and the best of the old? Sort of drives home just how privileged this new shard, not currently in existence, is going to be.

You say "Privileged" like it isn't going to be for everyone. are you saying this is a "by invitation only" shard or something of that nature?  i'm genuinely curious as to what you mean by "privileged" here.

A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited April 2021
    I am fine with EM events but would think it’s time to try out new stuff than to port in same things from production shard. It’s same like champspawn which some players hope to see on NLS. If more people start to ask for existIng system in NLS, then might as well do a new prodo shard just like any other but wipe every year. That is only difference from existing shard.

I am more eager to see other new ideas that is not already present on production shard. E.g. it is weird no one talks about how they like pvp to be in NLS. You want changes, then this is the time to ask and stop trashing each other. Everyone has a voice.

For a clean shard where all players converge, it’s time for more interaction, and not Trammy stuff which we can do back home. Just my humble 2 cents.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • ParnocParnoc Posts: 236
    The reason the crowds at EM Events look so big is because it is mainly the few shard residents that are still coming to events and 6 to 12 "travelers" who are running 6 to 15 characters each, that makes it look a lot larger than it actually is but it is the bane of the Events, it's why most of the locals won't even attend now and haven't for several years.

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,169
    Parnoc said:
    The reason the crowds at EM Events look so big is because it is mainly the few shard residents that are still coming to events and 6 to 12 "travelers" who are running 6 to 15 characters each, that makes it look a lot larger than it actually is but it is the bane of the Events, it's why most of the locals won't even attend now and haven't for several years.

Yep - EM events are just a lag fest for me where half the time I cant even pull the bosses bar to target so all I get out of it is a few death robes and a lot of frustration....

• You say "Privileged" like it isn't going to be for everyone. are you saying this is a "by invitation only" shard or something of that nature?  i'm genuinely curious as to what you mean by "privileged" here.

It was rather clear what I meant, actually: Privileged versus other shards. There are multiple systems being designed and implemented for it that will not be anyplace else, unless of course there is some spillover. Even if there is, spillover is just that.

Again, it was actually rather clear what I meant.
  • Parnoc said:

GL's events, at least, are quite full of locals. I'm sure the cross-sharders are there too but they're pretty full of locals. Myself included.

• You say "Privileged" like it isn't going to be for everyone. are you saying this is a "by invitation only" shard or something of that nature?  i'm genuinely curious as to what you mean by "privileged" here.

It was rather clear what I meant, actually: Privileged versus other shards. There are multiple systems being designed and implemented for it that will not be anyplace else, unless of course there is some spillover. Even if there is, spillover is just that.

Still not sure of your connotation, so it is not 100% clear if you mean the shards are somehow only for a select few or something else. if you don't want to say in public you can pm me what you mean exactly.  again I am only attempting to decipher your ideas so i can have a discussion.  

Still not sure of your connotation, so it is not 100% clear if you mean the shards are somehow only for a select few or something else. if you don't want to say in public you can pm me what you mean exactly.  again I am only attempting to decipher your ideas so i can have a discussion.  

No, you're not, and it's very clear what I mean.

Yes I am and. if i knew what you meant i would not be asking. 

Well one last time but...Again, I was quite clear. The shard itself is privileged because it's getting systems that other shards aren't getting. The fact that, in theory, anyone can create a new character on this shard is, for my point, not relevant, because I wasn't talking about players. I was talking about the shard itself.

Again, I made this very clear, the first time.

Well one last time but...Again, I was quite clear. The shard itself is privileged because it's getting systems that other shards aren't getting. The fact that, in theory, anyone can create a new character on this shard is, for my point, not relevant, because I wasn't talking about players. I was talking about the shard itself.

Again, I made this very clear, the first time.
    Not really that clear, but now that I know, I can make a comment without guessing. The shard is a new project that DEV's are working on. it could be (but hopefully not) a last ditch effort to bring new players into the game and also to address the rampant cheating. it will be a different type of shard that has different rules.  I would not call that privileged, just different, new, or specialized.  As far having EM event's i would say that is ok as long as any item handed out is nothing special and that is given to everyone that attends, and is not transferrable.