is there a limit to the number of times you can use VS?

Twice now (yesterday and today) I been shopping on Atl, and after a few searches and buying I saw that the VS option was not highlighted.  Now I am wondering if there is a limit to the number of times one can search and shop?  If so how long of a break do I need to take before I can continue to shop??
Remove Trap = Bad News
for
Treasure Hunters
Drakelord#5598

Comments

• DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,736
    Never mind I seem to found the answer with logging out logging back in
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,074
     Vendor search turns off for a few minutes. Always has, but it does it more often since the last patch.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,304
    I don’t have a problem with it in public areas like a bank or a city.  If vendor search is working, I can do all the searches I want.  But in my house after doing several searches it sometimes forgets that I am in the house and appears to think I am standing in the woods.  This only happens once in awhile.  Usually it happens after I return home after playing awhile.   At that point it just quits.  If I go to a public area like a bank, it usually works but not always.  Logging on with another character solves the problem too sometimes.  Vendor search is fairly unstable in UO.  I use it at different times several times a night and it’s functionality is usually different each time.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,978Moderator
    Arnold7 said:
    I don’t have a problem with it in public areas like a bank or a city.  If vendor search is working, I can do all the searches I want.  But in my house after doing several searches it sometimes forgets that I am in the house and appears to think I am standing in the woods.  This only happens once in awhile.  Usually it happens after I return home after playing awhile.   At that point it just quits.  If I go to a public area like a bank, it usually works but not always.  Logging on with another character solves the problem too sometimes.  Vendor search is fairly unstable in UO.  I use it at different times several times a night and it’s functionality is usually different each time.

When you return home after playing, are you still 'in combat'?  Vendor search is the same as instalog, it won't work if you got hit by a mongbat on your way home,
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Drakelord said:
    Never mind I seem to found the answer with logging out logging back in
    Just teleport to like Tram and back, walk around till you get the you are now under the protection and you are ready to go.  There is now set # as to when it stops working.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,210
    Seems to be a glitch attached to a failed search/no items match message. Happened to me several times. 
    Mine were happening after several short list returns or after a few long list returns.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,797
    Certain searches may be crashing VS.  I reported one such one directly to the devs and they appear to have fixed it.  The search not only grayed out VS for the character who made the search but also grayed it out on characters on my other accounts. It was very reproducible. 
    I just did a VS on Atl looking for fabled fishing nets and it came back in about a min and there are a lot of pages.  TY DEVs for whatever you did to fix this (wink, wink) @Kyronix @Bleak