Shield layer transmog

Any chance lanterns and candles can be added?  Not being able to use them makes this transmog a complete waste and pointless IMO.   For instance changing an Hephaestus into a chaos shield meh. But a Lantern, Yes please!

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,074
    We should have both Transnogs out now along with the Pirate Shield Recipe since we are doing High Seas content.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,074
    edited March 2021
    Orchids are out!  Also First Mate Title.

Hopefully the rest by the end of Month.  Thanks @Kyronix
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,978Moderator
    Any chance lanterns and candles can be added?  Not being able to use them makes this transmog a complete waste and pointless IMO.   For instance changing an Hephaestus into a chaos shield meh. But a Lantern, Yes please!

I'm sorry, but these items are specifically excluded, as detailed in the publish notes:

You cannot convert shield-slot parry items to shield-slot non-parry items and vice-versa
    • E.g.  You cannot transmogrify the properties of a Dupre’s Shield to a candle.

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,165
    Interesting... seems kind of weird that the orchid and title were placed into the rewards list at some point yesterday without any kind of notice. Especially when it was just said the other night about giving advance notice.... 

[Dude II]: Or when the next black market items will be released (the shield and orchids)
    [Mesanna]: and then we need to change up
    [Mesanna]: if you had already stated x was going to be in a certain month we could not change
    [Mesanna]: so no we give a few months advanced notice
    [Mesanna]: but not further out than that for that reason

I wonder if they were supposed to be in with the first group or perhaps these will all go in before April and we will get a new batch of new rewards for April (to be tested on TC1)
  • That’s the point I am making @Mariah    Changing shields up is about the least desirability here.  Lanterns, candles and torch’s should have been the concept.. 
  • HippoHippo Posts: 278
    Once the shield pirate shield recipe is available I may buy a shield transmog potion for some reforged & enhnaced shields I have. Or better yet, I''ll save 700 doubloons and reforge a blans pirate shield.
  • NikardNikard Posts: 164
    I agree, candles torches and lanterns were the play here.. 7$ Doesn’t seem worth changing a shield to.. another equally ugly, thematically problematic shield for a mage.  But for my tamer to have a 190 luck lantern or candle? I’d throw money at my screen. Also the new shield not having fcr on it is triggering me.
  • Yep @Nikard I would have bought 4 or 5