House placement ???

Why am I not allowed to place a house, demolish it and place another one somewhere else ? Why do I have to wait out the 7 day timer if I don't own a house ? This is ridiculous.

@Kyronix ; ??
You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.

Comments

• LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    It shouldn't be like that....

If you place a house or have a house traded to you, a one-week timer begins. During that time, you may not place another house or have another house traded to you. However, you can give away or sell a house, demolish a house or convert a pre-build house to a customizable plot without restriction.

From the wiki...so something is broken :/

• LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    Ohh wait..re-read that...if you place a house...so you placed it then demolished it?? Yeah you have to wait...

• UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204

It's a 1 hour wait. I forget if it's after placing or demolishing. You do not have to wait the 7 days.

• Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    edited April 2018
    Even so, a 1 hr wait is nothing short of silly. But i'll try again after the hour, I suppose I can accept that. I sold a good spot (to me at least) on Siege with the plans of RPng a roaming Pirate Lord, didn't like the size house I picked, so I dropped it thinking I could place a different one..nope, it even lets me place it and click on Accept, only to delete it...just plain silliness coding.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
    Nope, its been over an hour, I must wait 142 hours before I can place or receive another house..what a crock of crap, and may just be the game ender for me.

Nope, its been over an hour, I must wait 142 hours before I can place or receive another house..what a crock of crap, and may just be the game ender for me.

I gave a house away on Monday. Placed immediately after. Worked until today. Demolished the plot and immediately replaced at a new spot just now with 60 some hours left on timer. On Atlantic.

I do still get the timer message but was completely able to replace a new house.

It now says 141 hours, so apparently on Siege, where you get screwed on practically everything, including house placement, you have to wait a damn week once you drop a house. I'm sick to death of this type of stuff.

• Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    It's not the demolish that's stopping you, it's the previous placement. You can demolish a house and place another straight away. You can not place 2 houses straight after the other. Not just on Siege, but anywhere.
    Tell me when and where in my post I said I placed 2 houses anywhere, at anytime. I placed my house, demolished it the next day, and can NOT place another one now until the bs timer runs out.

• You doing something wrong...
    You can place and replot over and over and over , you can even resize the house 7 times in less than 1 hour, if you want!!...
    The TIMER is just to RECEIVE a new House, not to Plot!!....
    If you have further questions, contact me and I will show you.
  • Why am I not allowed to place a house, demolish it and place another one somewhere else ? Why do I have to wait out the 7 day timer if I don't own a house ? This is ridiculous.

@ Kyronix  ??
    do you have any prodo houses?
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

Yes I have a prodo house on the account that's trying to place this one. My glow house was owned by Valar, who owns a prodo house too. I sold the Siege house to Calavera and placed a small tower less than an hour later. The next day I decided I wanted a small stone shop instead, dropped the tower, won't let me place the small stone until I wait out the timer , which apparently no one else has to wait out.

• the prodo house is what is causing the issue. even though it doesn't keep you from placing a house, it will cause you to have to wait the timer out when you place and drop so soon in between. if you were to drop the prodo house you could place on Siege immediately. unfortunate bug i am afraid.

Yes I have a prodo house on the account that's trying to place this one. My glow house was owned by Valar, who owns a prodo house too. I sold the Siege house to Calavera and placed a small tower less than an hour later. The next day I decided I wanted a small stone shop instead, dropped the tower, won't let me place the small stone until I wait out the timer , which apparently no one else has to wait out.

That small tower don't look so bad right now does it?
    hahah

• TyrathTyrath Posts: 542
    the prodo house is what is causing the issue. even though it doesn't keep you from placing a house, it will cause you to have to wait the timer out when you place and drop so soon in between. if you were to drop the prodo house you could place on Siege immediately. unfortunate bug i am afraid.

VIC FTW :)
    Vic was right, I dropped the prodo house I was barely using and immediately the message on Siege went away.

• you may be able to place replace the prodo house without a wait. it's usually 50/50 for me on that