Quality of Life Items.

Stop making items that improve quality of life and then putting them as vet rewards. Each of the crafting stations should of been a bod reward for the respective skill. The New Straps should of been a bod reward or a craftable. 

You created the items, You put them in the game, You created an entire new bod reward system that you could add items to and haven't done anything with it in almost 4 years. 

Vet rewards should be vanity items/deco, not things that make our lives slightly easier in this ancient game. 

Comments

  • PawainPawain Posts: 4,857
    I'd rather have pay to win than pay to deco or make UO life easier.

    Note:  There is nothing to win in UO so that is just a stupid saying.
  • GwenGwen Posts: 163
    I am only 1-year vet , but I disagree. Crafting station gives no bonuses. Just use normal crafting tools. Play the game. I see no difference between station and exceptional tools or tools from low BOD rewards. 250 charges looks totally enough. Stations are really good reward for people who played for a long-long time. If you need it so much - just buy that station - people are selling them. Repair benches are different, but you can find public nes easy.
  • King_GregKing_Greg Posts: 220
    Gwen said:
    I am only 1-year vet , but I disagree. Crafting station gives no bonuses. Just use normal crafting tools. Play the game. I see no difference between station and exceptional tools or tools from low BOD rewards. 250 charges looks totally enough. Stations are really good reward for people who played for a long-long time. If you need it so much - just buy that station - people are selling them. Repair benches are different, but you can find public nes easy.

     That's the point. You don't need them. All these items do is free up room in your inventory. Only purpose is quality of life, especially with the spellbook and runebook straps.

    Comparable items
    Scroll of Transcendence Book
    Power Scroll Book
    Alacrity Book

    Their only purpose is to make things easier, and they were given as a holiday gift.  

    You personally feel  so strongly that these items should of been added to the already bloated 200+ vet rewards instead of content that hasn't seen anything in years??

    I don't use the crafting stations, I won't be using the straps. Effects my personal gameplay 0%. 
    But I know a lot of people who were excited to finally be able to cleanup their backpacks in the Classic client who are looking at the limited number of vet reward picks they have and wondering if they should waste it on something so miniscule that it should of been given as a holiday gift. 




  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 631
    @King_Greg - Aside from me agreeing that book straps shouldn't have been vet rewards, everything else seems to be making valid points on why Vet rewards should give benefits...

    If you've ever been a loyal customer to something whether it be booze/food/games/shopping/etc you typically get some sort of loyalty reward; this shouldn't be foreign as it's rewarding repeat and long lasting business. It's not usually something outlandish but if you are a booze person, your local shop might give you first dibs on a rare bottle of bourbon/wine or give a slight discount that normal people don't get. Other places give you loyalty points that go towards a discount.

    Apply that to UO. I've been paying for 20 some years as a loyal customer which equates to thousands of dollars over that time. You are telling me that I shouldn't get a little quality of life improvement over someone (possibly like you) that just started a new account last year and maybe hasn't paid to play in 10 years? You seem to have it backwards. 

    In all actuality, vets SHOULD get a little perk over newbies because that's just the UO loyalty program. You are in luck though because literally everything except the soulstone and shard shield can be bought/sold and used by anyone in the game.... and btw YOU can also buy the transfer token and soulstones in the store! You get to pay $20 for a transfer token which actually brings you out on top because I paid roughly 2k for my shard shields (even then I had to save picks to get the handful I have). 
  • King_GregKing_Greg Posts: 220
    keven2002 said:
    @ King_Greg - Aside from me agreeing that book straps shouldn't have been vet rewards, everything else seems to be making valid points on why Vet rewards should give benefits...

    If you've ever been a loyal customer to something whether it be booze/food/games/shopping/etc you typically get some sort of loyalty reward; this shouldn't be foreign as it's rewarding repeat and long lasting business. It's not usually something outlandish but if you are a booze person, your local shop might give you first dibs on a rare bottle of bourbon/wine or give a slight discount that normal people don't get. Other places give you loyalty points that go towards a discount.

    Apply that to UO. I've been paying for 20 some years as a loyal customer which equates to thousands of dollars over that time. You are telling me that I shouldn't get a little quality of life improvement over someone (possibly like you) that just started a new account last year and maybe hasn't paid to play in 10 years? You seem to have it backwards. 

    In all actuality, vets SHOULD get a little perk over newbies because that's just the UO loyalty program. You are in luck though because literally everything except the soulstone and shard shield can be bought/sold and used by anyone in the game.... and btw YOU can also buy the transfer token and soulstones in the store! You get to pay $20 for a transfer token which actually brings you out on top because I paid roughly 2k for my shard shields (even then I had to save picks to get the handful I have). 
    The shard shields also shouldn't of been only a vet reward, should of been a single shield that let you pick the server given to every paid account that popped out one token a month. And only held one token so you couldn't keep collecting without paying. If a player wanted more, sure let them pick it as a vet reward. Several games are already allowing players to move freely between servers on the datacenter, it's not a crazy concept. 

    It's like Vendor Search. Is it necessary to play the game? of course not. Does it make buying things easier, yeah. Should they of only allowed 10 year accounts to use the function? That would be idiotic no? What if they made it so you had to pay with sovereigns to use vendor search. Seem pretty stupid yeah? Same concept with locking shard shields at a 14 year vet reward and telling people it's okay because they can just pay Sovereigns for a real transfer token. It's a function in the game that should of been freely accessible to every paying account, while still giving vets the option to use it more often. 

    Keep in mind I have more shard shields than any sane person.. Nothing that I suggest affects me personally in any way shape or form.
  • SethSeth Posts: 1,395
    It would be nice to be able to buy items between shards, for any account age. Otherwise it may force new players to crowded shard because that is where they have better chance of buying almost anything.
    We love bugs....
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 631
    Seth said:
    It would be nice to be able to buy items between shards, for any account age. Otherwise it may force new players to crowded shard because that is where they have better chance of buying almost anything.
    And thus condensing the population and making less (but more populated) shards. 
  • SethSeth Posts: 1,395
    keven2002 said:
    Seth said:
    It would be nice to be able to buy items between shards, for any account age. Otherwise it may force new players to crowded shard because that is where they have better chance of buying almost anything.
    And thus condensing the population and making less (but more populated) shards. 

    It helps to spread the population around, instead of adding to the load of Atlantic.

    Who wants VS to work better in Atlantic?
    We love bugs....
  • SethSeth Posts: 1,395
    Seth said:
    keven2002 said:
    Seth said:
    It would be nice to be able to buy items between shards, for any account age. Otherwise it may force new players to crowded shard because that is where they have better chance of buying almost anything.
    And thus condensing the population and making less (but more populated) shards. 

    It helps to spread the population around, instead of adding to the load of Atlantic.

    Who wants VS to work better in Atlantic?

    I am not into player politic and really interested in ensuring UO last really forever.
    This is all I ever wanted to spending my time in this forum.

    I don't care who or what you have done, or any player targeting. I will support anyone with good suggestions to make this game GREAT. PERIOD. Even if you are my worst enemy!

    So tell me frankly @keven2002, that you forbid cross shard trading?
    Should we block and stop character transfer altogether?
    Why do you think people transfer today? For what purpose? Not for trading?

    What is the importance of cross shard trading?

    Shard bound is good? So fine, then cancel Character Transfer Token. Period.

    Then how does that go with your theory of disrupting Broadsword's revenue?

    You want to argue, OK, lets start, I have alot of time.


    We love bugs....
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Seth said:
    It would be nice to be able to buy items between shards, for any account age. Otherwise it may force new players to crowded shard because that is where they have better chance of buying almost anything.
    I disagree with you on a global VS because it will destroy Xfer Token sells and make useless the 14th year vet reward.  New players should make one player on each shard that they ping best to and try every shard for one week.  I tried every east coast shard for a change of pace and guess what CATS was by far the friendliest and Atl was the rudest so why would any new play that logs into Gen Chat to ask for help on Atl and get nothing but total crap ever want to play there.

    I give all new players that I meet the same advice to check out all the shards that they ping best to  and a starter suit LRC/LMC and rune book just to go look around and I hope that other shards do the same.
  • SethSeth Posts: 1,395
    Bilbo said:
    Seth said:
    It would be nice to be able to buy items between shards, for any account age. Otherwise it may force new players to crowded shard because that is where they have better chance of buying almost anything.
    I disagree with you on a global VS because it will destroy Xfer Token sells and make useless the 14th year vet reward.  New players should make one player on each shard that they ping best to and try every shard for one week.  I tried every east coast shard for a change of pace and guess what CATS was by far the friendliest and Atl was the rudest so why would any new play that logs into Gen Chat to ask for help on Atl and get nothing but total crap ever want to play there.

    I give all new players that I meet the same advice to check out all the shards that they ping best to  and a starter suit LRC/LMC and rune book just to go look around and I hope that other shards do the same.

    So be it, everyone has the right to disagree but the same tune has been sung many times as if its a broken record. Oh do allow cross shard trading and Character Transfer Token will be userless.

    So should we shut down all low pop shards since they need to play 14 years or pay $ just to transfer to another shard to buy spell book>

    Bring it on!

    We love bugs....
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 940
    @Seth you, sir, have an over cynical view of the type of people who play this game. On pretty much every server a new or returning player will be helped out with basic equipment. 

    I invite players from each shard to post their shard and confirm what I say

    On Europa we have a regular evening meeting at west brit bank where veteran players gather specifically to help such players. This meeting is widely known and anyone encountering a new player will direct them there and/or help them themselves.
  • SethSeth Posts: 1,395
    @ Seth you, sir, have an over cynical view of the type of people who play this game. On pretty much every server a new or returning player will be helped out with basic equipment. 

    I invite players from each shard to post their shard and confirm what I say

    On Europa we have a regular evening meeting at west brit bank where veteran players gather specifically to help such players. This meeting is widely known and anyone encountering a new player will direct them there and/or help them themselves.

    Not every shard is as well organised as Europa. good for you. Not every shard is the same as Europa.
    We love bugs....
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Seth said:
    Bilbo said:
    Seth said:
    It would be nice to be able to buy items between shards, for any account age. Otherwise it may force new players to crowded shard because that is where they have better chance of buying almost anything.
    I disagree with you on a global VS because it will destroy Xfer Token sells and make useless the 14th year vet reward.  New players should make one player on each shard that they ping best to and try every shard for one week.  I tried every east coast shard for a change of pace and guess what CATS was by far the friendliest and Atl was the rudest so why would any new play that logs into Gen Chat to ask for help on Atl and get nothing but total crap ever want to play there.

    I give all new players that I meet the same advice to check out all the shards that they ping best to  and a starter suit LRC/LMC and rune book just to go look around and I hope that other shards do the same.

    So be it, everyone has the right to disagree but the same tune has been sung many times as if its a broken record. Oh do allow cross shard trading and Character Transfer Token will be userless.

    So should we shut down all low pop shards since they need to play 14 years or pay $ just to transfer to another shard to buy spell book>

    Bring it on!

    Sorry you can not face the FACT that EA will lose to much money and it is EA not BS/DAoC/UO that controls the purse strings.  Nobody Xfers to another shard (Atl) to buy a spell book, now you are using stupid examples to try and prove a point.  Gen Chat other than Atl are friendly to new and returning players to it is easy to get starter suits/rune books/spell books and they do not cost 1 gold.  But I do see that there are Basic LRC Suits on Atl for MILLIONS now that is a real welcoming sign for new players.  I know there a are players willing to go to the MEGA Mall and but stuff and return it to their home shard.  2 of my accounts are out right now doing an around the world shopping spree for stuff I/others need so maybe you need to make some friends that have Shields or ask in Gen Chat (nicely) for help.  Global Vendor Search with buying ability and shutting down shards will destroy UO due to lost real money to EA.  EA will not support a game that they have to put money into.
  • MargeMarge Posts: 501
    Chessy doesn't have a meeting spot nightly, but anyone that asks in gen chat for help with a basic starter lrc suit will be helped.
  • SethSeth Posts: 1,395
    edited March 18
    I have doubt that UO depends on Character Transfer Shield to stay afloat. Many players are helpless in other shard and only option is paying money to go Atlantic to buy the good gears. If this is fine for EA if they believe that every returning players will take that as the norm then so be it. Good luck with all this shard bound and argument about revenue. Contradiction.
    We love bugs....
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 940
    The whole question is moot anyway, devs have said that cross shard vendor search isn't technically doable because of the way the shards are set up, the same with any idea to just go to another shard via a moongate. It can't be done.
  • SethSeth Posts: 1,395
    edited March 18
    The whole question is moot anyway, devs have said that cross shard vendor search isn't technically doable because of the way the shards are set up, the same with any idea to just go to another shard via a moongate. It can't be done.
    A - my shard
    B - say Pacific (any shard now, no need Atlantic)

    So, in Shard B, menu to place a cross shard order, target item in vendor, and indicate receiving shard.

    In Shard A, have a courier Chest in same account. Once order is placed in shard B, it copies the specs and create the item in Shard A courier Chest,

    I think it’s easier than character transfer, as the server only need to copy an item over and tally the gold. I cannot believe this is impossible, question is reward vs effort.

    P.S. come on, if they can transfer a whole character but cannot transfer just one item, I wAs not born yesterday. my hair is turning white already.




    We love bugs....
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    edited March 18
    Seth said:
    I have doubt that UO depends on Character Transfer Shield to stay afloat. Many players are helpless in other shard and only option is paying money to go Atlantic to buy the good gears. If this is fine for EA if they believe that every returning players will take that as the norm then so be it. Good luck with all this shard bound and argument about revenue. Contradiction.
    LMAO 
    FACT #1  UO only depends on EA paying BS to maintain DAoC/UO.
    FACT #2  EA depends on Account Management paying subs and on ORIGIN sells to make enough money so they can pay BS and still make a profit. 
    FACT #3  EA does not make money from Shard Shields but they do make money from the account that owns those Shields when they pay their sub.
    FACT #4  EA makes money from Origin when it sells account upgrade codes or Sovereigns or Game Time Codes.

    EA does not read these forums and as long as EA is making money they could care less what 1 shard thinks.  Here is a fix for Atl, if you hate the city so much then you need to move to the burbs, problem solved.

    A far as xfer items over EA does not make money from gold EA make money from the account using shard shields paying their subs or from you using the Sovereigns that you bought from Origin to buy a Xfer Token from the ingame store to move that item.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 631
    Seth said:
    Seth said:
    keven2002 said:
    Seth said:
    It would be nice to be able to buy items between shards, for any account age. Otherwise it may force new players to crowded shard because that is where they have better chance of buying almost anything.
    And thus condensing the population and making less (but more populated) shards. 

    It helps to spread the population around, instead of adding to the load of Atlantic.

    Who wants VS to work better in Atlantic?

    So tell me frankly @ keven2002, that you forbid cross shard trading?


    You want to argue, OK, lets start, I have alot of time.



    I do not have the power to forbid in game activity so it's not really about me forbidding anything. So that's confusing.

    We obviously have 2 different points of view:

    I am a 20+ year vet (paying subscription wise) that has invested the time (but mainly money) to show the game I am loyal. My view point is that I am granted certain perks for showing my loyalty which SHOULD be the case; this is how things work in the real world. 

    You, no offense, seem like a "some-time" player that maybe played a year or two here and there but never let your subscription go longer than you play. Nothing wrong with that but your entitlement issue comes into play here and you think that EVERYONE should get free trade across shards because you don't have the shard shields. People like this also have great ideas on how everyone's tax dollars should be spent while they contribute almost nothing into paying their taxes.

    That said... I'm not sure if that is an accurate response to your post because honestly I don't really know what you are talking about and don't really care to because you are kind of saying similar things in like 3 different threads on different things and from a quick skim you are the person arguing with everyone on here and typically when that happens it says all I need to know.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
Sign In or Register to comment.