Global Chat

2»

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,049
    So you can put people in your global chat and they stay there forever?  

Can you talk to just selected ones?

You can see who is online. Thats nice.

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,030
    edited April 2018
    Pawain said:

Yes the characters you add to Global Chat stay there (they will appear as online if any character from that account is online).

You talk to just one of your global chat friends at a time. 

I think it is actually a nice addition to the game.

-Arroth
    jaytin said:
    @ Arroth_Thaiel OH. My. God! I found that just a tiny bit frightening....I will just wait a while until Pinco comes along and makes it all work with his magic wand...  :o

Sorry @jaytin, didn't mean to scare you! Typing it all out makes it seem far more complex than it is.

It actually works pretty well, there are just a couple of extra steps you have to do to get it there. (Almost like the EC itself!)

At least, I had to take some extra steps. That might be just me.

-Arroth
    Pawain said:

Yes the characters you add to Global Chat stay there (they will appear as online if any character from that account is online).

You talk to just one of your global chat friends at a time. 

I think it is actually a nice addition to the game.

Ok so you can not highlight more than one.  You can just talk to one at a time.

I think I can handle that.  I am horrible at chatting.  I talk in the wrong one a lot.  Gen chat, party chat, guild chat, alliance chat.  At least just one would get the wrong chat this way.

Seems like a who is online thing.

Thanks
    OK I added some peeps. in CC

You can talk to one at a time.  You only see the convos from one you have highlighted.

If another friend talks and you are not on their page, a tiny dot is by their name.

The parchment screen is too big.  I have no room for it.

@Bleak @Kyronix ; Can you make it so the friend list page can be shown by itself?  Then when we want to use it we can open the large text page.

Also would be nice if the tiny scroll icon showed if someone talked to you.

Thanks
  • jaytinjaytin Posts: 417
    The whole thing seems to be overly complicated and cumbersome, not intuitive at all, in most of the other games I've played I could easily work out how to send messages to people, I'll have a go again when I'm feeling less tired!  :p
    It needs the following in CC

the friend list screen to open by itself.

the little global scroll to have a change when you get a message.

the message area is too big to leave open
  • Dot_WarnerDot_Warner Posts: 233
    I poked at Pinco about global chat, hopefully the wand beats it into submission. 
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,339
    @Arroth_Thaiel While highly amusing, I'm afraid I have to say that is not my experience. 
    1. you don't need to turn off autohide, mouse over the chat will unhide the system tab.
    2. I only turned on the global chat once, on one character. From then on it is set to on for all characters logged in on this pc, regardless of account or shard. 
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Is the whole point of this to talk to someone else on a different shard ? I guess I fail to see the need for this.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,175
    No it's more like...a guild list but with non-guild members....add your friends and see if they are online or not...you don't have to yell for them in gen chat and can talk to them even if you're not in a party. When I read GLOBAL chat I thought it was across shards too but it's not, still a nice little system.

• InLorInLor Posts: 398
    It needs to have the same background as the new bank menus. This is too detailed a texture. Text doesn't look good on it.

They could also use guild roster code/set up to show online friends and such.
    A qua lemmúr wíste, an zen anku vol verde wís.
  • MissEMissE Posts: 776
    I havent mucked around with it yet. If you have someone added as your 'friend' to the global chat, or you to theirs, does it mean that they will always 'see' you when you are online, irrespective of you having it 'offline' or do you have the option to remain invisible? If so is it just a case of toggling online/offline?

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
    edited April 2018
    Is the whole point of this to talk to someone else on a different shard ? I guess I fail to see the need for this.

It's more like being able to talk to the person you want to, without having to remember all their character names. You just message them and you are talking to them, regardless of what they are doing (as long as they stay on the same account). 

MissE said:
    I havent mucked around with it yet. If you have someone added as your 'friend' to the global chat, or you to theirs, does it mean that they will always 'see' you when you are online, irrespective of you having it 'offline' or do you have the option to remain invisible? If so is it just a case of toggling online/offline?

No option for invisible.

If you are set to Online, your friends will see you as Online and your friends list will display the online/offline status of your friends.

If you are set to Offline, you are Offline (in terms of Global Chat anyway). Your friends will see you as Offline and your friends list will no longer display the online/offline status of your friends.

-Arroth
  • DJAdDJAd Posts: 290
    edited June 2018
    Bleak said:

The chat filter settings will be saved per character when updating/creating a tab. 
    I have to tick the "GChat" filter every time I login. It doesn't seem to save the setting.
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    Question on the privacy. Are people allowed to send racist or antisemitic etc messages if the receiver does not complain. Are they logged somewhere perma and reviewed? 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

Mervyn said:
    Question on the privacy. Are people allowed to send racist or antisemitic etc messages if the receiver does not complain. Are they logged somewhere perma and reviewed? 

Both parties have to agree to add to global chat.

Are you asking if you can use this as a method to send racist messages to your friends?

Or are you wanting to set up your friends and have them banned?

You would have to ask your Developer buddies that question.  I'm sure you knew that and just are hoping for reactions to your post here.

edited June 2018
    My question is on the privacy of global chat. Some of my friends often send me messages that would be banned if said in game. (I don't mind) the question is about the privacy of the messages.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,974Moderator
    Here's an idea, don't do it, then you won't have to worry about it.
    edited June 2018
    I'm not worried about it, but i would just like to know how private our private messages are, don't we have a right to know?

What was socially acceptable 20 years ago is not often not acceptable now. Who knows what will change in another 20 years, maybe people would not be allowed to call me "narcisitic" openly on forums...

edited June 2018
    DJAd said:
    Bleak said:

The chat filter settings will be saved per character when updating/creating a tab. 
    I have to tick the "GChat" filter every time I login. It doesn't seem to save the setting.

I had the same thing happen (EC by chance?). I had to log in, tick the GChat filter, and log back out 3 times in a row without doing anything else to get it to save the filter settings.

At the time I had 3 separate accounts (three account folders in Windows - only one client running, to get the GChat filter to stick), so maybe something was/is going on with the way the character/game info is saved in the user settings?

Sorry you're having problems with the GChat filter too, but at the same time, glad to know I'm not alone!

-Arroth
  • DJAdDJAd Posts: 290
    DJAd said:
    Bleak said:

I had the same thing happen (EC by chance?). I had to log in, tick the GChat filter, and log back out 3 times in a row without doing anything else to get it to save the filter settings.

Yes in the EC. Considering the last publish was a bug fix i would of thought this might of been fixed.