Publish 110 Feedback - UO Store Items

KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,110Dev
Store Item Feedback

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    How do I get them?
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    edited March 2021
    Transmogrification Potion – Shield Slot
    Why the limitation "You cannot convert shield-slot parry items to shield-slot non-parry items and vice-versa"?
    IMO half the fun in an item like that is EXACTLY if transforming, e.g., a Shield in a Lantern. The differences are purely cosmetics, after all, and a lot of players were savoring this possibility...
    Enchanted Soulstone Vessel
    1) Once inserted, can the SoulStones be removed?
    2) An unused (i.e., not yet A.B.) Vessel will be recoverable from IDOCs?
    3) An used (i.e., already A.B.) Vessel will be recoverable from IDOCs?
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,110Dev
    edited March 2021
    Ivenor said:
    Why the limitation "You cannot convert shield-slot parry items to shield-slot non-parry items and vice-versa"?
    IMO half the fun in an item like that is EXACTLY if transforming, e.g., a Shield in a Lantern. The differences are purely cosmetics, after all, and a lot of players were savoring this possibility...
    We need to create a new class of items to accomplish this goal, so for now we have that limitation.  However, we have plans to release this new class of items to provide more off-handed equipment options that aren't as "shield-y" like.  Things like wands, orbs, hangy lantern things, all depends on how things go from the art perspective.
    @Kyronix ; The Bottle of pumpkin spice ale would make a good target, but we can not use that,  Please!
    All the hat Blanks work that I tried.  Thanks for including those!  Pumpkin head!
    Kyronix said:
    Ivenor said:
    We need to create a new class of items to accomplish this goal, so for now we have that limitation.  However, we have plans to release this new class of items to provide more off-handed equipment options that aren't as "shield-y" like.  Things like wands, orbs, hangy lantern things, all depends on how things go from the art perspective.

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Ivenor said:
    Enchanted Soulstone Vessel
    1) Once inserted, can the SoulStones be removed?
    2) An unused (i.e., not yet A.B.) Vessel will be recoverable from IDOCs?
    3) An used (i.e., already A.B.) Vessel will be recoverable from IDOCs?
    Enchanted Soulstone VesselCan store up to 20 large soulstones of the non-fragment type obtained via the Ultima Store and as Veteran Rewards
    Becomes account bound once the owner secures it within a house
    Only the owner will be able to access the contents
    Blessed
    Counts as one lockdown regardless of how many soulstones are contained within

My concern along with yours is it says it becomes account bound and then states that only the owner can access it so does that mean only one person or all chars on that account?

@Kyronix @Bleak ;
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Can the Enchanted Soulstone Vessel be used in a Bank Box to hold Soulstones ?

This is quite an important issue, me thinks, because in the past a lot of players have seen their Soulstones with their hard earned skills on them go "poof" when their house decayed for whatever reasons (maybe they took a leave from UO, or their credit card had issues or whatever else...).

Now, having the ability to store one's own Soulstones in one's own Bank Box thanking to this Store item, would PREVENT the risk of losing them from House decay.

So, I think, it is VERY important that this Enchanted Soulstone Vessel was to be made functional "also" within one's own Bank Box.
    When you Transmogrify a helmet, it seems the item uses the medable property of the target.

So if I transmog Dr. Spectors or halo or wizard hat to a plate helm I lose the medable property.

I would guess the same would be true if you convert a Bone helm to a wizard hat.  You would lose the LMC bonus of the bone helmet.

This will make players unhappy that have a dexxer with 55 LMC and they convert a bone helm to something else.

Also makes mages lose the ability to meditate if they choose a metal target that is non medable.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    Soulstone Vessel:
    Thank you for implementing my suggestion for a container to put soul stones in.
    1. Since it has a 20 item limit it should display all 20 items at the same time instead of just 10. 
    2. Will it comes in different colors to match the soul stone colors? I would buy blue, green, red, and purple ones for sure.
    Pet castle:
    How do we recharge it? Please not with a hitching rope. Having to battle Red Death is the reason why I did not buy the hitching post.
  • It's been mentioned, but I just want to bump it. The soulstone vessel looks fantastic. When you open it though, the container needs to be larger. I don't have soulstones to test with right now. But I just can't see how you fit 20 soulstones in there and don't have them being overlapping or hidden.
  • ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 782
    edited March 2021
    Pawain said:
    When you Transmogrify a helmet, it seems the item uses the medable property of the target.

So if I transmog Dr. Spectors or halo or wizard hat to a plate helm I lose the medable property.

I would guess the same would be true if you convert a Bone helm to a wizard hat.  You would lose the LMC bonus of the bone helmet.

This will make players unhappy that have a dexxer with 55 LMC and they convert a bone helm to something else.

Also makes mages lose the ability to meditate if they choose a metal target that is non medable.

I think this is desirable -- take an example of a scholars halo, turn it into a bone helm.  Bone helms aren't medable, so should get the LMC boost that comes with bone when not-medable.  I didn't notice an LMC bonus in this example, however (is that intended??).

A different way of handling it would be to add the "Mage Armor" property after such a conversion, and then allow "Mage Armor" to be stripped at the mage guildmaster, by choice of the user.  This would align with the cuffs of the archmage as well.

I think being able to convert to a non-medable variation makes the potion more worth while to purchase.

The hooks shield looks good!

• YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited March 2021
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,246
    Kyronix said:
    Ivenor said:

You're a Star. :)

• GoldieGoldie Posts: 142
    edited March 2021
    Hi  I only had 1 SS to try this out with         

you can also move it around in the dish(what I'm calling it )

how much room you have seems to be only in a straight line it lands on between these to pics

No matter where you let go of it on the rim of the dish it goes to that line.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Goldie said:
    Hi  I only had 1 SS to try this out with         

you can also move it around in the dish(what I'm calling it )

how much room you have seems to be only in a straight line it lands on between these to pics

No matter where you let go of it on the rim of the dish it goes to that line.

I am using EC and grids so it still looks ok. For the classic, they should make the "dish" bigger since this is a new item. Once you have 20 soulstones they will be stacking over each other like existing containers. Only advantage is less item count.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    TimSt said:
    Pet castle:
    How do we recharge it? Please not with a hitching rope. Having to battle Red Death is the reason why I did not buy the hitching post.
    Yes with a Hitching Rope....:(

• SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited March 2021
    Larisa said:
    TimSt said:
    Pet castle:
    Yes with a Hitching Rope....:(

Red death is not hard, I have bags of those Resolve's Bridle. Its the rope from the Kraken that is harder to get in my opinion.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    I agree on the soulstone vessel. The gump is way to small. If you put 20 soulstones in there, they all pile up on top of each other making it a pain to access the one you are looking for.

One option would be to add a context menu to the vessel with a list of the skills within so you can access a skill or an empty soulstone from that.

Another option would be to make the gump bigger.

• DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,730
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    edited March 2021
    @Kyronix would it be possible to randomize one of the resists on Hooks Shield?  When building a full SDI suit the resist that is often short is physical resist if you drop into protection.  It would be nice to have at least a chance for this shield to have 10 physical resist.
    (please move to reward items thread)
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    "The fact that they have specifically prevented you from being able to imbue or enhance items that have been transmogrified suggests to me the transmogrification was supposed to be purely aesthetic, however this is a real power creep issue, when transmoged onto bone armor you do receive the 3% LMC bonus and presumably you can refine this (didn't have bone refine on me).

I'm sure this is an oversight. "-+-

Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    edited March 2021
    Yes I brought this up.  And if you had a Bone helm and turn it into a cloth item you loose the LMC Buff.  
    Since I can copy now, I confirmed changing Glasses to Bone gives more LMC than the glasses gave.

Im not going to do this for my archer because it covers his Blaze hair, But I would change a Plate helm to Bone on another dexxer if it stays this way.

IMO opinion it should be aesthetic only and keep buffs and material Properties from the source.
  • ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 782
    edited March 2021
    Pawain said:
    Yes I brought this up.  And if you had a Bone helm and turn it into a cloth item you loose the LMC Buff.  

IMO opinion it should be aesthetic only and keep buffs and medable from the source.

In my example (cloth/leather->bone) you also lose the ability to meditate, which may be a fine tradeoff somebody is willing to make.  Indeed, that's already a known tradeoff based on material type.

That aside, if "Mage armor" was added (when going non-medable to medable), that would provide the flexibility of choice.

The weight in stones of the item is also not copied from the source, which IMHO fine.  e.g. the parrot weighs less than a hawkwinds, so you get some small benefit there too.

Artifacts (captain john's hat, etc) generally can't be enhanced, so that seems unrelated.

Random resists on the shield seems ok, adds a bit more variety and chance :)

Will the head slot potion work with pieces of a set and maintain the bonuses that come with wearing a full set?

For example if I use the potion on the head piece from the Journeyman's Armor set and transmorg it to a circlet with it will I get the +22% resist bonus from wearing the full set? 
    You asked that after I used my copies for the day. :)
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    Can you use one of the sets from the clean up collection to test this?
    Mariah said:
    Can you use one of the sets from the clean up collection to test this?
    Thanks. I did not know that I would have cleanup points on TC with a character created there.

I was able to test it and the new piece was considered part of the set.