What's up with Origin?

VmaxVmax Posts: 10
edited February 2021 in General Discussions
I'm probably out of the loop, but in the last week or 2 it has gone from being basically an empty server to having more activity than ATL. 

I mean, I dig seeing people but I'm skeptical that this is all new and returning players and not something else? EM events never brought this many out from Origin let alone shard-jumpers.

Edit: IDOCs maybe?
Since 10/2/97!

Comments

• LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    Because people know Origin is where it's at!

IDOC's will bring people from all over...IDOC Guy was at the Luna IDOC just a few minutes ago as were a lot of others from other shards...but there ARE many returning players on Origin and I am VERY happy about that!

• VmaxVmax Posts: 10
    Larisa said:

IDOC's will bring people from all over...IDOC Guy was at the Luna IDOC just a few minutes ago as were a lot of others from other shards...but there ARE many returning players on Origin and I am VERY happy about that!
    Ah okay, thanks Larisa! A good friend and I “traveled” around with IDOC Guy for awhile, in the past so that’s kinda of what seemed to be going down.

But heck yes, Origin is the place to be! And we have EM Rainstormer now so come on over!
    Since 10/2/97!
  • KHANKHAN Posts: 510
    Vmax said:
    Larisa said:

Ah okay, thanks Larisa! A good friend and I “traveled” around with IDOC Guy for awhile, in the past so that’s kinda of what seemed to be going down.

But heck yes, Origin is the place to be! And we have EM Rainstormer now so come on over!
    IDOC Guy!!!!! That is probably information best kept to yourself! LOL :)
    If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!
  • HippoHippo Posts: 267
    Larisa said:

Larisa - do you need any crew members for the upcoming seaborne (hopefully) pirate event or should  I xshard an orc ship over? I played on Origin when it first opened and still have some passable characters there. 
    I don't do sea stuff anymore....once my friend quit I had no one to do anything with.

I have every ship available in the game, I have been mining saltpeter and making powder charges and cannon balls, trying to get my hold stocked with stuff needed to repair ship and cannons.

I would love to have your help! If you need anything there let me know, I'll help where I can! Thanks for the offer!

• HippoHippo Posts: 267
    I would love to have your help! If you need anything there let me know, I'll help where I can! Thanks for the offer

Larisa - I use 2 computers when on a ship - a Tamer with a Magery Mastery pet that can jump aboard opposing ships and one a archer/thrower to man the cannon and steer.  You almost need to have 2 accounts unless you can find someone to join you, plus it makes the game more enjoyable:) I been stocking up on cargo on Legends and ATL  but would very much enjoy playing a pirate on Origin again :) Back in 2019 during Rising tides, Tyrath (sp?) gifted me an Orc ship on Origin and outfitted me. Look forward to seeing you in a week or two!
    I have 2 accounts but one computer....I really need to get with the year 2021 and get a second monitor :/ lol 

Can't wait to sail the seas with you!

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    Upgrade for the future.  Get a large monitor for the two accounts and you can browse the internet on the current one.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • even better, get three. one for browsing, one for the clients, one for netflix
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,021
    edited February 2021
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    Yup you could play 9 UO accounts and be attended on all of them.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    Pawain said:

:# :D

Do UO players get a discount on massive purchases of antipsychotics?
  • NorryNorry Posts: 515
    Just fyi, windows 10 has no upper limit of monitors... just keep plugging them in.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Ivenor said:
    Pawain said:

:# :D

Do UO players get a discount on massive purchases of antipsychotics?
    I get those free.   B)