Why can't i re-enter my friends house when im being attacked or attacking a pk?

It blocks me from entering then I die and still cant get in for a few minutes. I'm not in VVV

Comments

• crunchnastycrunchnasty Posts: 241
    Also, it wont let people resurrect me
  • SableSable Posts: 239
    Wasn't there anti-house hiding code?  I'm not familiar with pvp at all, but I remember something like this.
  • The_Higgs_1The_Higgs_1 Posts: 420

If you attack first you flag criminal, therefore u cant enter houses or get ressed by someone outside guild. 

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,987Moderator
    Sable said:
    Wasn't there anti-house hiding code?  I'm not familiar with pvp at all, but I remember something like this.
    Yes, that's exactly what it is.
  • SyncrosSyncros Posts: 116
    Yea, The anti house housing code.  Was so much fun before it killing reds at yew gate, you always knew where they were then.

That was more PvP happening then today with players killing players killing monsters.
  • You also need to be aware that if you are inside a house and attack someone, you will get kicked out under the house sign. I was pretty shocked to find out about this when I came back a while ago. I don’t understand why house fighting was removed from the game. 
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    You also need to be aware that if you are inside a house and attack someone, you will get kicked out under the house sign. I was pretty shocked to find out about this when I came back a while ago. I don’t understand why house fighting was removed from the game. 
    You already for a long time, could not recall after you aggro someone, it was pretty dumb when you used to be able to aggro someone then run into a house. But the code is still a little broken, you will turn orange if you assist a VvV player (as intended) as you've jumped into the fight, but the healer is then able to still jump into a house..
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

Yeah I agree house hiding is lame but heres the background story. I have a house near dastard entrance in fel, a murderer targeted and attacked me, then hid, I cast poison field, it hit him at my door steps, I went upstairs and the house booted me and he proceeded to kill me. He hid, and when the posion field hit him it said I was attacking him, which I was, but only because he attacked me first. Why would I get booted from my house for fighting back against a murderer, and number two, I was blue not grey, and fighting a MURDERER, why could my friends not res me?

Does this not seem stupid?
  • The_Higgs_1The_Higgs_1 Posts: 420
    You can also be flagged to a person and not to their pet, and if you threw a field and they hopped of their horse you would flag.  Plus anyone could've been hidden out there and got u flagged as well.  I would recommend not throwing fields if you don't want to flag.
    he had an ethereal mount, no one else was there. the whole point is why am I unable to be res'd when I'm attacking a red? 

Why would I get booted from my house for fighting a red who attacked me, hid and then my field causes me to flag? doesn't add up
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,253
    Because people were hiding in private houses and attacking people outside the house and the people outside could not hit them back which if you ever read the ToS you would know is illegal so the DEVs fixed it.
  • Mervyn said:

You already for a long time, could not recall after you aggro someone, it was pretty dumb when you used to be able to aggro someone then run into a house. But the code is still a little broken, you will turn orange if you assist a VvV player (as intended) as you've jumped into the fight, but the healer is then able to still jump into a house..
    The attacking someone and not being able to run inside a house has not been possible since at least Age of Shadows 15 years ago. This is a mostly non-controversial change.

The getting kicked out of houses implemented in the past 4-5 years killed house fighting completely. Our guild used to have fun going to other guild’s houses and laying siege. Or our guildhouse would get attacked. That basically does not happen anymore. What is the point in designing a fortress if you can’t even use it to fight?
  • SyncrosSyncros Posts: 116
    Cause you get those types that are " if it isnt MY kind of pvp it doesnt belong" and they get Devs that think alike and so we get what we get.   Less pvp in fel of all places it shouldnt be restricted.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,253
    You are right in some respects but when people hide in houses and kill other players that can not defend themselves or hit the house hiders then something needs to be done.  People were abusing something that should not have been allowed.
    Still doesn't make sense why I can't be resurrected by anyone for supposedly 'flagging' because I attacked a Red. I was blue when I died, and still the game told everyone around me that they could not resurrect me or 'perform beneficial acts on your target'