100's of 2011 Holiday Cards spawning in CotD every day?

KyraKyra Posts: 3
I don't know if this happens on servers other than Atlantic, but everyday there are 100's of 2011 holiday cards that spawn in waves down in the cavern of the discarded. They are ALWAYS 2011 holiday cards, not different years and they switch to your character name when you pick them up. I've been collecting bagfuls of them wondering if there is some weird recycling scheme going on, but these cards are also worth 0 turn in points.

Maybe stuff is respawning down there incorrectly as these cards? Literally it is hundreds a day, and the hundreds I have picked up personally don't seem to have made a difference in the waves of spawns. If there is only a 1% chance of an item ending up down there, something is off with the recycling or someone is throwing thousands and thousands of these away a day for weeks on end.
Tagged:

Comments

• dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    edited February 2021
    I go down there often and have seen this MANY times. Sometimes it is completely filled with them in all areas. I really think duping is involved. 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,973
    Of all the things in the game they are duping that one?   :D

2011Santa Statue, Customizable Rounded Door Mat, Customizable Squared Door Mat, Customizable Wall Sign, Scrolls of Transcendence Book
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Pawain said:
    Of all the things in the game they are duping that one?   :D

2011Santa Statue, Customizable Rounded Door Mat, Customizable Squared Door Mat, Customizable Wall Sign, Scrolls of Transcendence Book

no, you misread. It's not the holiday tokens, it's holidy cards - even more useless.

I can confirm this happened on Siege about 2 years ago as well. The entire cavern of the discarded was littered with holiday cards like described above.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    Are you able to place them on a vendor?
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • I just tried. They can be placed on vendors. As stated above they're worth 0 clean up points.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    Can I offer some guesswork?  IF duping is being done, then the duped tokens would be cashed to claim Scrolls of Transcendence books, and the accompanying cards trashed. Does that make sense of the situation you are seeing?
    Yes @Petra_Fyde that is what I think is going on exactly. They aren’t after the cards obviously since they are in the Cavern of the Discarded. 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,973
    edited February 2021
    20th Anniv tokens have SoT book and more valuable items.
    The tokens with Grass and snow tiles would be a lot better to Dupe... Or a book with a few 120 tactics and resist scrolls.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,020
    edited February 2021
    Are any of the items you can claim from the token (or the token itself) worth CUB points?

Also, is there a list anywhere of all the items you can turn in now for CUB points? I couldn't find one on the uo.com wiki and the list on uoguide seems out of date.
    -Arroth
  • MrNiceMrNice Posts: 29
    Unlimited CuB dyes for a long time now if one of those items is worth CuB points.

Common sight in CotD, Atlantic.
  • HippoHippo Posts: 267
    I've been 'beachcombing" the CotD every since it was created ( I own the Legends Abyss house). A bag or giftbox with anything in it cannot spawn in there. Sometimes the boxes (400 points) or candy canes (2500 points) appear but mostly it is just the holiday cards. Only so much can appear at one time so if no one picks up the cards in a bag and drop them elsewhere, nothing "good" will spawn. BOD books are considered "containers" so you will never find a filled book but you will see many a BOD on the ground.