Can't use clippers on plants from Enchanted Wheelbarrow

TrismegistosTrismegistos Posts: 194
Got error message "you may only use......on decorative plants".

Comments

• FaerylFaeryl Posts: 273
    edited April 2018
    I just have to ask... why would you be needing to cut them up? They don't seem to have any special colours (that I've seen so far) and have to be dyed using natural dyes. So I fail to see the reasoning behind why they should be able to be cut up.

If you're looking for clippings for dyes... just use the ones you can grow?
  • PinkertonPinkerton Posts: 105
    I think it said the plants would be available in 8 special hues?  I was also wondering if we would be able to clip them for dyes with new special hues.
    I'd imagine they'd have to actually add those dyes into the game. And since there was no mention of dyes in the notes that I saw, then there'd be no reason to clip?
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,387
    This a bug then 
    I don't think so. I could see how it could be abused if they were able to be clipped.

Use one charge of dye on a plant, clip it. Make a new bottle. Several new bottles per bottle used... Essentially would entirely cut out the need to grow plants to make natural dyes.
    That would be a bug to imho 
    How would that be a bug? You're supposed to use dyes to hue the plants. What's the point of being able to clip them if not to make more dyes?
    To get the rare colors for baskets and dyes 
    Which I'd imagine would require them to make all the plants able to be clipped, which brings us back to the same issue I've already mentioned.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,046
    I got a rare color plant.  Can not clip it.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    How rare plant colors are there on the old plants 6 ? 
    So this has 8 right ?