Cancel the Shard Bound limit to Closed Events Armor Sets Items!!!

13»

Comments

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,081
    Mariah said:
    @ Stinky_Pete I think you have made your point and can now leave any decisions to the developers.
    I don't have a problem with either person but I would say the same could be said about @Ivenor
    no? He's basically doing the same thing as @Stinky_Pete except on the opposite side. As for for leaving the decision to the Devs... that's already taken place and it was decided that Shard Bound is staying (at least for now). 

Seth said:
    McDougle said:
    Boy we do enjoy beating dead horses....

The Dev already said no, but there is no harm letting users list down their thoughts. Shard bound was also perhaps discussed in multiple areas for many years and it only happened last years' event? It was because of those well kept records that the Dev finally decide to change today. And anyway, this is not a FAQ, but a forum for discussion.

This and the reason above are why threads become locked because the Devs give an answer and people don't like it and keep posting the same thing; which then causes other people to reply saying the Devs already responded and to move on... then at some point people get their feelings hurt (it almost always seems to be those people arguing the dead point) and the Mods jump in ending the thread. 

I do agree with you though that this is a forum for discussion but in this case if I summarize the thread:
    The OP made a repeat request to stop shard bound drops (with a slight tweak), someone says "Devs already said no", the OP clarifies they mean AFTER the event, someone else points out that doesn't make sense because it would still be doing what the Devs have said they don't want.

What else is there? The answer is nothing. The thread topic is basically resolved at this time (maybe it can be revisited in 6 months) so the OP coming back and saying "yea but" it just as much of a problem as the other people commenting. 
  • IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    edited February 2021
    keven2002 said:
    Mariah said:
    @ Stinky_Pete I think you have made your point and can now leave any decisions to the developers.
    I don't have a problem with either person but I would say the same could be said about @ Ivenor
    no? He's basically doing the same thing as @ Stinky_Pete except on the opposite side. As for for leaving the decision to the Devs... that's already taken place and it was decided that Shard Bound is staying (at least for now). 

Seth said:
    McDougle said:
    Boy we do enjoy beating dead horses....

The Dev already said no, but there is no harm letting users list down their thoughts. Shard bound was also perhaps discussed in multiple areas for many years and it only happened last years' event? It was because of those well kept records that the Dev finally decide to change today. And anyway, this is not a FAQ, but a forum for discussion.

This and the reason above are why threads become locked because the Devs give an answer and people don't like it and keep posting the same thing; which then causes other people to reply saying the Devs already responded and to move on... then at some point people get their feelings hurt (it almost always seems to be those people arguing the dead point) and the Mods jump in ending the thread. 

I do agree with you though that this is a forum for discussion but in this case if I summarize the thread:
    The OP made a repeat request to stop shard bound drops (with a slight tweak), someone says "Devs already said no", the OP clarifies they mean AFTER the event, someone else points out that doesn't make sense because it would still be doing what the Devs have said they don't want.

What else is there? The answer is nothing. The thread topic is basically resolved at this time (maybe it can be revisited in 6 months) so the OP coming back and saying "yea but" it just as much of a problem as the other people commenting. 

1) With the slight difference that I didn't started calling anyone names, I asked him repeatedly to stop insulting and stop telling me that the problem really was that I play UO in a "wrong" way because I don't play it as some other person say I should play.

2) There is maybe an Universal Law of which I'm unaware of that fordbid to ask the Devs to change their idea, moreover when it is demonstrable (mine arguments and Seth's) that its actual implementation is hurting today and future players, maiming for no gain for anyone altogether an entire Play Style?

My apologies, but I fail to see in your post any ARGUMENT pro o against the actual Topic discussed here, that is the Shard Bounding of the Global Events Drops and a request to change it at least after the Events end, not the "right" for player to ask the Devs to change their mind.
    edited February 2021
    The point IMO is: the Devs said that they introduced the SBing of Event Drops & Rewards because "some players asked to". Well, now "some other players" ask to at least partially revise that decision, proposing the compromise to make at least the Event Drops no more Shard Bound after some time from the end of the Events. And the Players asking these are the ones that have been damaged in their play style by the original change.
    edited February 2021
    Anyway, I think to have made my point very clear:

@Devs @Kyronix @Bleak ; - Please lift, for the Event "drops", the Shard Bounding limitation after some time - e.g.: 1 month - is passed from an Event end, because that limitation is, IMO, needlessly hurting the Play Style of some actual and (as @Seth IMO correctly remarked) future Players.

After 64 Posts and 500+ Unique Users Views to the Thread, between the usual personal attacks, unrequested advices on how I shuold play MY STYLE of UO in the "Right way", und so weiter (so, Forum business as usual... :D ), I haven't read ONE SINGLE ARGUMENT in favor of keeping the SBing of these items after an Event ends, and I doubt I ever will.

At this point for me the Thread can be closed, and thanks to @Mariah & @Rorschach that have been so kind to keep it open till now. :)
  • Ivenor said:

@ Mariah @ Rorschach

Hi!

There is a way to block the above quoted user (already notorious for this style of harrasment, and that I have already warned to stop) to publish Posts that have the clear and only intent to provoke that kind of reactions that will have the Thread closed?

I.

Yes, please stop me from posting objective facts that expose the real motive for the change being requested. We wouldn't want anyone to read this and know that the pieces that they worked for are more valuable than buyers of the pieces would like them to be.

The moderators have asked me to stop driving the point home, so I will. I apologise if my posts provoke such reactions from people who don't want their motives exposed. Like I said, being direct is in my nature, I find that pretending to have concern for the sensitive feelings of others only makes my points more difficult to get across.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,081
    Ivenor said:
    Anyway, I think to have made my point very clear:

@ Devs @ Kyronix @ Bleak  - Please lift, for the Event "drops", the Shard Bounding limitation after some time - e.g.: 1 month - is passed from an Event end, because that limitation is, IMO, needlessly hurting the Play Style of some actual and (as @ Seth IMO correctly remarked) future Players.

After 64 Posts and 500+ Unique Users Views to the Thread, between the usual personal attacks, unrequested advices on how I shuold play MY STYLE of UO in the "Right way", und so weiter (so, Forum business as usual... :D ), I haven't read ONE SINGLE ARGUMENT in favor of keeping the SBing of these items after an Event ends, and I doubt I ever will.

At this point for me the Thread can be closed, and thanks to @ Mariah & @ Rorschach that have been so kind to keep it open till now. :)
    Ok..you wanted my view? I'll give it to you.

Honestly you have failed to be clear on your point aside you want the SB to be removed so you can pay less to hoard more drops. To counter your poorly backed reason, if YOU want to collect these items on whatever shard then YOU should PLAY the game and work the spawns to acquire those items on whatever shard you want to be on. I've seen many people do exactly that and trade the items to each other to get full suits. Why can't you do that? Oh because you just don't want to. So since you don't want to, the Devs should change the way things are just for you. 

For the record I was also against SB initially but now that it's been on for a 2 events it's kind of whatever... you adapt. Well... at least you should try instead of of beating a dead topic. Just my thoughts.

Also I find it funny that someone else also posted about "we shouldn't lock threads" and you are now requesting it be locked after you tried to get the last word in. Very mature.

IBTL.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    I think we've all learned a bit from these last events. Maybe one lesson we learn is 'get extras, people will want them.' Maybe not immediately, but in the future.
This discussion has been closed.