Deluxe Starter Pack

IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
edited April 2018 in General Discussions
So, if iI read it correctly, according to the UO Official Wiki page - https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/beginning-the-adventure/deluxe-starter-pack/ - the DSP will NOT include the "Virtue Shield" and will come with only 100.000 GPs. No indication of price till now...

Comments

• PinkertonPinkerton Posts: 105
    Is it only available to new accounts?  I can use every single thing in that pack and my account is 10 years old.
  • InLorInLor Posts: 411
    I quite like the art in the guide runebook. More of that.
    A qua lemmúr wíste, an zen anku vol verde wís.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,797
    The description of the Deluxe Journeyman Armor alone makes me want to buy the starter pack even thou my account is 19 years old.  I was going to try to craft something like it.
  • JatwhalJatwhal Posts: 16
    edited April 2018
    WOW, I hope that is an April fool's joke! :o
  • KhyroKhyro Posts: 230
    @Kyronix Would you be able to clarify some points on the Alacrity Token? I tried asking in the TC forum back when Release 2 came out, but never got a response.

Here are my questions on the token:

On TC1, when I activate it I get a message "You have enabled your new player skill gain aura", followed a few seconds later by "Your new player skill gain bonus period is now over." Is this just a bug, or are there other restrictions to it? (Need to be EJ, need to be non-maxed skills, etc.).

Also, as far as the week long timer goes. Since it appears I can toggle the Token on and off, is the timer a week from the point of purchase? The point of first activation? Or a week of total "activated" time?

Thank you!
    https://www.uo-cah.com
    Home of the Pet Intensity Calculator, Pet Planner, Trainable Animal Bestiary, and other Tools, Guides, and Information. 

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,986Moderator
    The publish notes clearly list the Virtue Shield as a seperate item, and not part of the Deluxe starter pack
     https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/publish-notes/publish-99/

• KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,122Dev
    Khyro said:
    @ Kyronix Would you be able to clarify some points on the Alacrity Token? I tried asking in the TC forum back when Release 2 came out, but never got a response.

On TC1, when I activate it I get a message "You have enabled your new player skill gain aura", followed a few seconds later by "Your new player skill gain bonus period is now over." Is this just a bug, or are there other restrictions to it? (Need to be EJ, need to be non-maxed skills, etc.).

Also, as far as the week long timer goes. Since it appears I can toggle the Token on and off, is the timer a week from the point of purchase? The point of first activation? Or a week of total "activated" time?

Thank you!
    Sorry I missed it previously.  That message issue should be resolved.  The timer starts after first use.
  • KhyroKhyro Posts: 230
    Kyronix said:
    Khyro said:
    @ Kyronix Would you be able to clarify some points on the Alacrity Token? I tried asking in the TC forum back when Release 2 came out, but never got a response.

Thank you!
    Sorry I missed it previously.  That message issue should be resolved.  The timer starts after first use.
    Thank you!
    https://www.uo-cah.com
    Home of the Pet Intensity Calculator, Pet Planner, Trainable Animal Bestiary, and other Tools, Guides, and Information. 

• IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    Mariah said:
    The publish notes clearly list the Virtue Shield as a seperate item, and not part of the Deluxe starter pack

@Mariah
    I did not mean to imply that it should have been, but simply describing the de facto... :)
    I.

edited April 2018
    OK, a 2.000 sovreigns price tag. Seems fair to me.
    Only a question @Mariah : the DSP can be bought & used by every kind of accounts?
    Even the "normal" active Veteran subs-paying ones, right?
    I.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,986Moderator
    As far as I know, but you should ask @Kyronix that one.
    Ivenor said:
    Only a question @ Mariah : the DSP can be bought & used by every kind of accounts?
    I.
    Yes, you can and use it regardless of your account status.
  • PinkertonPinkerton Posts: 105
    I am buying 2.  Thanks for this.  As far as I am concerned the more reason you give me to spend money in the store the longer we can keep the lights on.
    edited April 2018
    Kyronix said:
    Ivenor said:
    Only a question @ Mariah : the DSP can be bought & used by every kind of accounts?
    I.
    Yes, you can and use it regardless of your account status.
    @Kyronix , thanks to you and to @Mariah for the quick reply... :)

• TanagerTanager Posts: 634
    Will these be available on Siege? I won't complain either way, just curious :)
  • BleakBleak Posts: 143Dev
    Tanager said:
    Will these be available on Siege? I won't complain either way, just curious :)
    This item is not available on the Siege ruleset.
  • TanagerTanager Posts: 634
    Thanks for the reply! I'll pass the info onward :)
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,096
    @Bleak @Kyronix

Can you separate the 100 Blackthorns points out and sell that token only?
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,253
    edited April 2018
    Pawain said:
    @ Bleak @ Kyronix

• Dot_WarnerDot_Warner Posts: 233
    Pawain said:
    @ Bleak @ Kyronix

Only the purchaser can use the tokens. You can't buy the pack and sell it piecemeal ingame. 
    Mariah said:

So I guess the question then becomes, since pu99 has been released and the deluxe pack is in the store...where is the Virtue Shield?

@Kyronix
    Mariah said:

So I guess the question then becomes, since pu99 has been released and the deluxe pack is in the store...where is the Virtue Shield?

@ Kyronix
    That will be released in the store at a future time.
    Pawain said:
    @ Bleak @ Kyronix

We have no plans to do this.
    edited April 2018
    Kyronix said:
    Mariah said:

@ Kyronix
    In other words, Soon™

Hopefully after the dye issue is fixed? o:)  

Also, it sits oddly in the tile when on the ground (its high on the tile, centered is preferable)
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,403
    Kyronix said:
    Mariah said:

@ Kyronix
    In other words, Soon™

Hopefully after the dye issue is fixed? o:)  

Also, it sits oddly in the tile when on the ground (its high on the tile, centered is preferable)
    This  ;)

@Kyronix
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,253
    Pawain said:
    @ Bleak @ Kyronix

Only the purchaser can use the tokens. You can't buy the pack and sell it piecemeal ingame. 
    Isn't that what I just said to Pawain, you know that part where I said it was account bound.
    Pawain said:
    @ Bleak @ Kyronix

Isn't that what I just said to Pawain, you know that part where I said it was account bound.

But you also said: "you may have to buy the item and then sell it kind of like Vet rewards"

Which was a tad contradictory...
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,797
    edited April 2018

The Deluxe Journeyman Armor does work on a 19 year veteran mage and it is dye-able using the leather dye tub vet reward.  Although I would have gone with a leather hat instead of leather hood.

Pawain said:
    @ Bleak @ Kyronix

NO.  I would use the token on an EJ account and give the reward I buy from blacthorns to another account.

Or I just buy it and use it on my reg account since I cant log in on any other accounts.
    Kyronix said:
    Pawain said:
    @ Bleak @ Kyronix

We have no plans to do this.
    Why would you not want money!!!!!