Shield + evade bug - potential for exploit

YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
"If you try to evade without a weapon in hand you receive the following message:
"you must have a weapon or a shield equipped to use this ability!"

if you try to evade holding just a mage weapon, you receive a message that reads:
"your skill with your equipped weapon must be 50 [real skill] or higher to use Evasion."

However if you carry a shield, you're able to successfully cast evasion (however with slim to no chance to actually evade), however you can immediately drop the shield after casting evasion, to successfully evade without weapon skill, in this example I am successfully evading carrying a mage weapon without any real weapon skill.

Expected result: to receive the system message "your skill with your equipped weapon must be 50 [real skill] or higher to use Evasion." even when carrying a shield. "-+-

Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.

Comments

• YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited November 2022
    "this potential for exploit got very very successfully exploited by someone to completely seemlessly be able to cast evade without any extra delays etc and bypassing the 50 real weapon skill requirement.

an unpublished attempt was made to fix this exploit in pub 114 however fix was only 1 item specific fix, there are still 4 or even 5 other avenues to perform the same exploit (not disclosed)

here is a current screenshot of me evading seemlessly still without requiring 50 weapon skill.

if the original expected result is adhered to
    (Expected result: to receive the system message "your skill with your equipped weapon must be 50 [real skill] or higher to use Evasion." even when carrying a shield)

this will close all avenues of exploit i can think of.

After this is fixed i will perhaps make a video to display how the exploits worked as really quite ingenious and interesting
     "

Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited December 2022
    "(I will adhere to industry standard 90 days, before I make video on how to perform this exploit, so Feb 10th is scheduled release date, will assume it will be fixed by then anyways as instruction on how to fix given to devs already in Jan 2021, and again Nov 12th 2022

If it took me less than 24 hours to find half a dozen workarounds for the hidden publish 114 attempted fix, will assume people who don't have learning difficulties like me took less time)"
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,210
    Go ahead and make how to on the free stable storage and VvV one I showed you as well.

If they're going to ignore bugs let's release them. 

• gaygay Posts: 358
    Please make more videos on bugs that have been getting ignored for over a decade now thx.
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 506Moderator
    1. No Posting In Breach Of Games’ Terms of Service - You must not post, or link to materials that are, in breach of the games’ Terms of Service. This includes, but is not limited to:
      1. Advertisement or promotion of unofficial servers.
      2. Information on exploits of bugs in sufficient detail to allow others to perform said exploit.
      3. Cash sales of in game items.
This discussion has been closed.