Skills and Macro's vanished off a character in the CC

DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,739
Yesterday evening I went to one of my characters on my account that I used a lot on Sonoma, she is a 4 time 120 skilled bard, (true skill).  When I loaded that character, her page was blank, no spells that I had put on the game screen, checking her hotkeys I saw that all of her CC macro options were gone.  The only macro's that still worked were those I had set to UOA.  What really freaked me out was the skills scroll, it is showing zero skills, yet had her total points still at the bottom.  Now I have used this character before this, she is one of my go to for most PAS events.  We were to go to Doom last night but when I log in on that character I found all above and had to reset the basic macro's to just play with her down in doom.

Now I am not sure if I need to sit for several hours waiting on a GM, to be told they need to check with someone else.  I have a lot to do in real life and I love to see this fixed quickly.

Can you explain how this happen to me?  And can you fix it?
Remove Trap = Bad News
for
Treasure Hunters
Drakelord#5598

Comments

• DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,739

Found a 2nd character, same account, same problem with the skills, however the CC Macro's and game window were ok.
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
    Checking other accounts.  I found this one.  Again no Skills.
    Yet the very same account 

Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598

now the wait
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
    Here a question.  When window shopping at the UO store and you close the window you get a message "help request aborted" is that also aborting my request for help in game?
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
    ok I have to log.  Real life stuff to do, grandkids to babysit and all that
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    Did you perform full file check from the patcher?
    dvvid said:
    Did you perform full file check from the patcher?
    I did and it did not change, later when I have the time I will check those accounts across other shards.
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,983Moderator
    edited December 2020
    that's the kind of thing that happens when you've used incognito or a disguise kit.  Do you keep a back up of the characters' user data file in your documents folder?  I think those files may be corrupted.
    File check for the client wouldn't find that. It checks the program files.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Being that you have that many corrupted files the first thing I would do is a virus scan and also a defrag.  You may have to delete all those char files and retrieve them from UO with the understanding that all your macros will be gone.
    Mariah said:
    that's the kind of thing that happens when you've used incognito or a disguise kit.  Do you keep a back up of the characters' user data file in your documents folder?  I think those files may be corrupted.
    File check for the client wouldn't find that. It checks the program files.
    Neither were used on those three characters, so short of deleted the characters how do I fix this?  I can redo all the macro's its all the skill that are not showing that have me concern.  how do I go about getting that back?  I can not turn off, on or lock any skills on those three since no skills are showing, and as you can see that Bard is a 4x 120 skill (real) in the UOA image.  I cannot do it in UOA,  I do not play the EC but I am willing to try anything to see if that could let me check them.
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
    Bilbo said:
    Being that you have that many corrupted files the first thing I would do is a virus scan and also a defrag.  You may have to delete all those char files and retrieve them from UO with the understanding that all your macros will be gone.
    Mine last defrag was on the 15th, currently running another and also do a virus scan as well.  The defrag has done five passes 
    I went to mine wife's PC and the files for these three is ok, logging in I could see skills, so when the defrag and bug check is over I bring those files over here if when this is all done and I do not see the skills on those 3.
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    edited December 2020
    So strange
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,983Moderator
    go to C:\Documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Legacy\User Data\accountname\shard\character (path may vary a bit) move the affected character's folder somewhere else. Then either log in and let the game make a new folder, or import the same folder from your wife's PC to replace it.

ok it is fixed, files were delete and also copied.  The skills and standard macro's are back as well, thanks for your help.
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    nice