Whats with the lag situation on Atlantic?

LordGandalfLordGandalf Posts: 43
edited December 2020 in General Discussions
Performed a ping test over cmd: ping atlantic.owo.com, the ping is stable but getting non stop INSANE lag spikes ingame.

Many players are complaining from the same issue.
I can confirm that i lag a lot more when i come across players using 3rd party programs.

I can also confirm that im crashing more than usual using EC client.

I hope the devs are aware of this.
  1. Describe ur lag situation8 votes
    1. Im lagging & crashing more than usual
      62.50%
    2. Im lagging more than usual
      12.50%
    3. Im not lagging or crashing
      25.00%
Discord: Gandalf#5361
PRO Guild Leader

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,082
    What client and programs am I running?  Since you know these things.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    I mainly experience laggy, jumpy, jagged performance when running around houses because it’s loading some of the contents (not all contents as that setting is off).  I wish that could be fixed somehow. 
  • I was having irritating micro stuttering that ended up being my WiFi. It was really only noticeable in online games and the odd video meeting. Once I switched to ethernet my connection has been perfect.
  • @Pawain i use defaul EC client <span>:smile:</span>
    Discord: Gandalf#5361
    PRO Guild Leader
  • IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    edited December 2020
    The lag is tolerable enough, IMO. What is near impossible nowdays is to use the Vendors Search on ATL 90% of the time.

PS: if one uses the "Alaways load Public Houses contents" setting he will have LESS lag.
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,259
    edited December 2020

Even on Europa I get painful lag spikes which often result in my death when I run into pvpers using 3rd party programs. Always have done. I play CC+UOA+UOAM.

I can't comment on Atlantic, but yes, I can imagine it is bad. Honestly, this is one of the reasons players need to regulate themselves, and play on a shard where they can actually move, or do things. It is logical that if everyone goes to Atlantic, the server will lag and have issues. Maybe UO need to go back to having the "this server is full" message, and bringing back the old queues we used to have when we logged into the game.

I cannot and will not comment on EC either!

I did not vote, because I do not play Atlantic or EC, so cannot comment specifically on that.

• dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    Lag spikes are common on wireless connections. I got sick of it several years ago and have had a wired connection ever since. The lag spikes never happen anymore.  

Consider a wired connection. 
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,685
    I used to lag all of the time on Atlantic, until my husband got us better computers.
    but I have to admit, that lately I have had instances where the game has lag.

it wasn't just doing it in EC (with Pinco's), it was doing it with classic client too.

(it was doing this on sonoma too, but not as bad)