EC Spell Animation Bug

LynkLynk Posts: 185
There is a bug where when someone uses magery to cast invisibility, a person in EC can see the animation wherever the person invised.

I could be off screen by 10 screens, cast invis.  Someone in EC could run by and see exactly where I'm hidden.

This requires no game manipulation or action on an EC users part, it just is there.  I can't imagine this is intentional?

Comments

• dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    You’re saying being hidden in EC doesn’t hide you from other players? If so, I’ve never experienced that. 
  • LynkLynk Posts: 185
    No.

Let's say I'm on classic client.  I use magery to cast invisibility on myself.  No one is around to see me do it.

A player in Enhanced Client runs by where i invised.  They can see the sparkles/spell animation from my invis.  It lingers in perpetuity.  

It only impacts magery casted invisibility.

I re-read my original post 5 times and I have no clue how you possibly came to the conclusion you did.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    “This did indeed used to be an issue, however the length of the invisibility animation in EC was shortened to match that of CC a long time ago, when was the last time you logged into EC to verify this?”-+- 
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • MargeMarge Posts: 720
    Out of curiosity I tried it - invis'ed player was invisible - no sparkles.
  • LynkLynk Posts: 185
    Marge said:
    Out of curiosity I tried it - invis'ed player was invisible - no sparkles.
    Then you're doing something wrong.  pretty easy to create.  This is on a base install of EC.  https://streamable.com/1q2rrb
    That is weird I have never seen that. 
    I thought you were saying the sparkles repeatedly lingered in the spot where they invised (making invisibility not really work in concept) but I see from your video the sparkle is seen when the invised player gets into frame.   I’d like to test this myself. 
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    "thank you, confirmed this exploit is current"-+-
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    Wow!  I tested it...I can confirm this happens.  This should be fixed as I can't see how it is intentional.