What is the new Tears of the Ice Dragon spellbook good for ? Any advice ?

2»

Comments

• If memory serves, another possible use for this book is events/bosses that use howl of cacophony (reduces  SSI and mage speeds).  If you overcap your casting speed, this can offset the impact.

There are definitely loot dropped jewels with +20 in 2 skills.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,946
    popps said:
    .... I am trying to see whether there may be other, truly usefull and unique uses, that would really enhance other Templates for lack of better alternatives.

Popps the book is going to be useful for any template where you want that extra 20 skill points. The 20 points is just a good rounded system, both because it takes you from 100 to 120 with no hassle, and because it gives you the option to bring Magery from 60 to 120 with only 3 items (book, ring, bracelet).

Try thinking not of just this book, but how this book synergizes with other gear.

Let's Say:
    You had a character where you wanted Magery, Eval, and Med all at 120, but you only had 240 skill available. Pretty hard to put together a usable suit with 120 points in a single skill, so we would probably drop 2 skills and put the excess points into the third skill.

This book makes it much easier to drop Magery/Eval both to 60 and use those points to take Med to 120. Then you need to find 60 points in both Magery and Eval. Guess what? Book, ring, bracelet, and you're only looking for 20 points in Eval, or something along those lines.

That is just an example. There are many uses for the book in many templates. That +20 skill makes it really, really nice. Not just that it is +20 Magery, but that it is +20.
    I can understand that, the only problem that I see with it, is that, to my viewing, it "fits" in a Template which uses Magery only as a "side" skill, for example Bards.... a Template who's use Magery as their primary gameplay skill, I assume, would be using Slayer Invasion spellbooks in PvM, which not only come with the Slayer, but also with a good SDI....

And in PvP, as it has been noted, the risk of getting disarmed of that spellbook is too high, they would just use Wresling or a -0 Magery one handed weapon...
  • vortexvortex Posts: 202
    By the time you get enough points for the book this event will be over so give it a rest.... 
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,986Moderator
    In conclusion: This spell book is useful for some templates, but not for others, so only those who have a valid use for it will attempt to get enough points for it. Topic concluded.
This discussion has been closed.