PvP needs to be be loked at more than 1 time per year. [Changes We Need]

Please consider the following Changes/Updates

#1 Town Buff in Fel for Reds.

#2 Remove Pardons (Millions have been duped.) Let us have reds be important again.

#3  Make Inscribe give a bigger bonus to mage spells. You will not see a Scribe Mage in fel because
their damage output cannot even come close to a Bokuto Mage or Mystic Mage. The whole Idea was that with Inscribe you cant fit parry so you get a Glass Cannon temp and sacrifice Defense. So plz.. increase Spell Damage for Inscribe.

#4 You have Made Factions the End All for pvp. Give us Faction Dungeons where we can farm (Faction Gear (Higher Modded Gear that's Order/Chaos Specific. This would add a TON of content for both Solo players and for Team Play.

#5 Add content for Solo Players (Read Number 4) Solo players and Dulers are NOT the same thing. A dueler likes arena style 1v1s. A Solo player likes open Field fights. They simply prefer to play the game solo.

#6 Add more content to Champ Spawns and more importantly, the Harrower.

#7 Necromancy needs looked at. Their Spells are now underpowered. I have only seen 1 Necro in 2 years of playing.

At least do 2 of the 7. .  .That's at least a step in the right direction.
  1. Should PvP Stay like it is?8 votes
    1. Yes
      12.50%
    2. No
      87.50%

Comments

  • CookieCookie Posts: 822
    edited December 2020

    I'm up late and bored, so would like to comment.

    I completely agree - PvP could just use something new.

    To look at your points;

    1. Town Buff in Felucca for reds. Interesting one this, there are a few places on the spectrum you can sit. Should reds be able to use it at all? There are meant to be some disadvantages to being red. But why is it in Trammel? (Why does Trammel even exist of course). Why isn't it the ultimate VvV reward for controlling the towns in the first place, rather than a Trammel Governor Voting reward. Where I stand on this one now, and I think my position has changed - I used to say it was OK in Trammel, just for blues - but now I realise, it should not be in Trammel where almost nothing is done to earn it (but I guess they did cater to the Trammel Role Playing section on this one, and maybe fair enough), logically it should be part of the VvV reward package for controlling towns. So I think it's wrong being in Trammel, but then I do still think there is a Red/Blue issue, I don't think the Red/Blue issue was so big Trammel should have been created, but, Blue's should have been given some help/compensatory buffs if they are pvming, or going about their innocent business, and find themselves potentially unwillingly under attack by a red. The Virtue System is a good system, and part of that package, but maybe more was/is required. I think a main issue for the Town Buff - is PvPers seem to want to use it the most - a bit like the recent Deceit event that caught everyone out, because suddenly the PvPers showed an interest in an event, because the rewards suited PvP characters. But the fact this keeps on happening, shows how out of touch they are with PvPers, who really are a very active, and underserved part of the UO population. So this particular request, as you can see from my ramblings, is actually not that easy, there is so much more behind it, and the whole thing is built on a spaghetti tree that is impossible to untangle.

    2. Remove Pardons. I'm just going to flat out disagree here. I don't actually want to be disagreeing with you, because of course we are both on the same side ultimately. Pardons are a good part of the treasure hunting and VvV system. They have a role, a function, and they help other playstyles, and generate activity. I can't really agree with the duped bit. And with the Reds being important bit again, sure, if you want to be red, be red, - but, in PvP, and I pvp a lot, a lot of other guilds use blues against us, when we are using oranges (properly pvp flagged - and they are scared to properly flag against us), and half our team can go red in one night, just pvping. We are not PK's, we are PvPers. Other teams just abuse the systems to make us go red, so to win PvP fights and objectives we have to kill them. They are not innocent blues we are PKing, they are actively fighting, blocking, healing against us, for the other orange team, and turning us all red. We've started doing it back to others in response, but either way, when the dust settles, players on both teams all need pardons, because so much of the game content is stupidly in Trammel, that we would all disable our characters after 1 night of PvP.

    3. Give something to Scribe Mages. Yes. 100%. We both have 100% agreement on this one. A scribe mage is the most nostalgic, beautiful template UO has ever had. And it's been left behind in the dirt. In a role playing sense, a scribe mage is an all round concept, the mage who actually reads, creates scrolls and his own books, there is something cerebral to this, the whole point of a mage. It's a bit like the archer who has bowcrafting, or the swordsman who has lumberjack. There is something far more complete about these characters, and they've been left to die. In terms of the new player being introduced to the game, the training and their path was a lot more cohesive, fun and playable, this has been lost. The Scribe mage should be top of the tree, end of story, not Sampires, Bok mages, evade mages, blah blah blah. For the record - Mystic Mages, Nox Mages, Spellweavers, Necromages are all ok as a concept, because at least they are pure casters.

    4. Farming dungeons for Faction Gear I completely agree. There should be the ability to get better gear via PvP/Factions, for those who like the playstyle, and bringing dungeons back into it, is also needed. They are deserted and underutilised. PvPers love fighting in dungeons, but also need gear that is equivalent or better than what is being farmed in all the Trammel rulesets. That isn't antique like the VvV rewards by the way. In the old days, we loved farming Faction Silver off Wisps, Ogre Lords, Silver Serpents and whatever the 4th faction was, to buy Faction Gear. Then on Faction PvP day, we all showed up with our new shiney put together gear, that the whole guild had been working on to gear each other up - blue faction mounts, invulnerable armour, vanquishing weapons etc.

    5. Solo players, duellers, teams, there needs to be balanced content for all. There needs to be a mix, where you can say, this type of players has this much content.

    6. Yes - the Harrower really needs a Buff in terms of reward. It is still the pinnacle of pvp, pvpers go to a lot of effort over it, we do for sure. Last Saturday night - 7 hours for me and some of my guild, we do it for the server, for the pvp population as much as anything, to give pvpers something fun to do. This Saturday just gone, we started at 9, finished at 1:00am - 4 hours, a  short one thank god. But it's not about the reward for sure anymore, it's more about giving pvpers the best stage to pvp on. As the Harry is the one PvPers still put so much effort into, the PvPers should be rewarded more here. On Europa, on a Saturday Harry night, we are pulling at least 50 pvpers into 5 hour group battles. It's like Factions in the old days, we used to pull say 200 pvpers on a Friday/Saturday night. But yes, the Harry reward, +25 stat scroll, is still nice, but it's getting stale. Someone mentioned that Pets should have been forced to use Stat scrolls as well as powerscrolls, and maybe they were correct.

    7. I don't agree on this one. Necro is not underpowered, and can be absolutely deadly. I still see a few, it's used massively in team fights, or on pvm templates in Felucca. A Necro can beat a Mage, because it is an anti mage template etc. The real problem of course, is there are too many weapon users, Bok, Evade mages and Dexxers.






  • TailTail Posts: 63
    Cookie said:

    I'm up late and bored, so would like to comment.

    I completely agree - PvP could just use something new.

    To look at your points;

    1. Town Buff in Felucca for reds. Interesting one this, there are a few places on the spectrum you can sit. Should reds be able to use it at all? There are meant to be some disadvantages to being red. But why is it in Trammel? (Why does Trammel even exist of course). Why isn't it the ultimate VvV reward for controlling the towns in the first place, rather than a Trammel Governor Voting reward. Where I stand on this one now, and I think my position has changed - I used to say it was OK in Trammel, just for blues - but now I realise, it should not be in Trammel where almost nothing is done to earn it (but I guess they did cater to the Trammel Role Playing section on this one, and maybe fair enough), logically it should be part of the VvV reward package for controlling towns. So I think it's wrong being in Trammel, but then I do still think there is a Red/Blue issue, I don't think the Red/Blue issue was so big Trammel should have been created, but, Blue's should have been given some help/compensatory buffs if they are pvming, or going about their innocent business, and find themselves potentially unwillingly under attack by a red. The Virtue System is a good system, and part of that package, but maybe more was/is required. I think a main issue for the Town Buff - is PvPers seem to want to use it the most - a bit like the recent Deceit event that caught everyone out, because suddenly the PvPers showed an interest in an event, because the rewards suited PvP characters. But the fact this keeps on happening, shows how out of touch they are with PvPers, who really are a very active, and underserved part of the UO population. So this particular request, as you can see from my ramblings, is actually not that easy, there is so much more behind it, and the whole thing is built on a spaghetti tree that is impossible to untangle.

    2. Remove Pardons. I'm just going to flat out disagree here. I don't actually want to be disagreeing with you, because of course we are both on the same side ultimately. Pardons are a good part of the treasure hunting and VvV system. They have a role, a function, and they help other playstyles, and generate activity. I can't really agree with the duped bit. And with the Reds being important bit again, sure, if you want to be red, be red, - but, in PvP, and I pvp a lot, a lot of other guilds use blues against us, when we are using oranges (properly pvp flagged - and they are scared to properly flag against us), and half our team can go red in one night, just pvping. We are not PK's, we are PvPers. Other teams just abuse the systems to make us go red, so to win PvP fights and objectives we have to kill them. They are not innocent blues we are PKing, they are actively fighting, blocking, healing against us, for the other orange team, and turning us all red. We've started doing it back to others in response, but either way, when the dust settles, players on both teams all need pardons, because so much of the game content is stupidly in Trammel, that we would all disable our characters after 1 night of PvP.

    3. Give something to Scribe Mages. Yes. 100%. We both have 100% agreement on this one. A scribe mage is the most nostalgic, beautiful template UO has ever had. And it's been left behind in the dirt. In a role playing sense, a scribe mage is an all round concept, the mage who actually reads, creates scrolls and his own books, there is something cerebral to this, the whole point of a mage. It's a bit like the archer who has bowcrafting, or the swordsman who has lumberjack. There is something far more complete about these characters, and they've been left to die. In terms of the new player being introduced to the game, the training and their path was a lot more cohesive, fun and playable, this has been lost. The Scribe mage should be top of the tree, end of story, not Sampires, Bok mages, evade mages, blah blah blah. For the record - Mystic Mages, Nox Mages, Spellweavers, Necromages are all ok as a concept, because at least they are pure casters.

    4. Farming dungeons for Faction Gear I completely agree. There should be the ability to get better gear via PvP/Factions, for those who like the playstyle, and bringing dungeons back into it, is also needed. They are deserted and underutilised. PvPers love fighting in dungeons, but also need gear that is equivalent or better than what is being farmed in all the Trammel rulesets. That isn't antique like the VvV rewards by the way. In the old days, we loved farming Faction Silver off Wisps, Ogre Lords, Silver Serpents and whatever the 4th faction was, to buy Faction Gear. Then on Faction PvP day, we all showed up with our new shiney put together gear, that the whole guild had been working on to gear each other up - blue faction mounts, invulnerable armour, vanquishing weapons etc.

    5. Solo players, duellers, teams, there needs to be balanced content for all. There needs to be a mix, where you can say, this type of players has this much content.

    6. Yes - the Harrower really needs a Buff in terms of reward. It is still the pinnacle of pvp, pvpers go to a lot of effort over it, we do for sure. Last Saturday night - 7 hours for me and some of my guild, we do it for the server, for the pvp population as much as anything, to give pvpers something fun to do. This Saturday just gone, we started at 9, finished at 1:00am - 4 hours, a  short one thank god. But it's not about the reward for sure anymore, it's more about giving pvpers the best stage to pvp on. As the Harry is the one PvPers still put so much effort into, the PvPers should be rewarded more here. On Europa, on a Saturday Harry night, we are pulling at least 50 pvpers into 5 hour group battles. It's like Factions in the old days, we used to pull say 200 pvpers on a Friday/Saturday night. But yes, the Harry reward, +25 stat scroll, is still nice, but it's getting stale. Someone mentioned that Pets should have been forced to use Stat scrolls as well as powerscrolls, and maybe they were correct.

    7. I don't agree on this one. Necro is not underpowered, and can be absolutely deadly. I still see a few, it's used massively in team fights, or on pvm templates in Felucca. A Necro can beat a Mage, because it is an anti mage template etc. The real problem of course, is there are too many weapon users, Bok, Evade mages and Dexxers.






    Thanks for responding with your ideas and I think you have some good ones. I did want to point out a couple of things why I think what I said was fair. I am not sure what shards you play, I am heavily into the Atlantic PvP Scene. On Atl you wont run across a Necro on the field or a Scribe Mage. I feel like I have fought every single pvper on Atl many many times. And I am not seeing it. I have made a Necro myself and tested it out and was very disappointed.

    The reason I feel like the (ONLY) Answer to pardons is to get rid of them, is because people will kill blues with and simple eat 10+ pardons a day with no set back at all. As long as there is no incentive to be red there won't be any reds.


  • CookieCookie Posts: 822
    edited December 2020

    I play on Europa, we have a bit of crossover with Atlantic.

    Chaz/I Make you Rage {God?}, Gandalf/VOODOO {Pro}, use Necro's really well in raids and they have a few others, we have a couple, and pretty much every pvmer who wants to do Piper will use necro. I agree it isn't being used out there as a solo template.


    The Scribe mage bit, I completely agree with you on.

  • TailTail Posts: 63
    I feel like the reason Scribe Mage got left behind was because the SDI Bonus was enough when players could only fit 120-130 Hit Points . . .but now that people can get 150 with 75 Fire with enhanced pieces. . . the SDI for scribe is wayyy low.
  • LOL, you put add parry and sacrifice defense in same sentence.  sdi never needed to be raised from 15
  • TailTail Posts: 63
    edited December 2020
    You didn't read it correctly, I said, he whole Idea was that with Inscribe you (can't) fit parry so you get a Glass Cannon temp
    Make a Scribe Mage, and I will make a Myst Mage, I bet you I can out Dps you every single time :P 15 Worked for the era it was in. Now that number needs to get Bigger!
  • LynkLynk Posts: 163
    Tail -  On Atl you wont run across a Necro on the field or a Scribe Mage.

    Uhh.m... Innacurate on both counts
  • TailTail Posts: 63
    Lynk said:
    Tail -  On Atl you wont run across a Necro on the field or a Scribe Mage.

    Uhh.m... Innacurate on both counts
    You are completely wrong. Again you think this game is ONly Big Team fighting. Guess what small fights also happen. You will not ever 1v1 either of those temps. Feel free to get on either temp and meet me at the farms and Ill show you how wrong you are <span>:open_mouth:</span>
  • LynkLynk Posts: 163
    Your two comments are contradictory.

    *laughs in 4/6er wanting to duel*
  • TailTail Posts: 63
    no
  • Cookie said:

    I play on Europa, we have a bit of crossover with Atlantic.

    Chaz/I Make you Rage {God?}, Gandalf/VOODOO {Pro}, use Necro's really well in raids and they have a few others, we have a couple, and pretty much every pvmer who wants to do Piper will use necro. I agree it isn't being used out there as a solo template.


    The Scribe mage bit, I completely agree with you on.

    cookie is right, never underestimate a necro, id love to see new content, but uo pvp mechanic is very balanced imop. it all depends on the situation and the enemy ur countering. every template or situation can be pretty much countered or dealt with.

    on the other hand, exorcism would be a cool spell if it kicks ghosts or reveals polynorphed players in dungeons for example with a 2mins cooldown for example.
    Discord: Gandalf#5361
    PRO Guild Leader
  • CookieCookie Posts: 822

    on the other hand, exorcism would be a cool spell if it kicks ghosts


    I actually agree on this one, it would be very cool, isn't this what it is meant to do even ?

    It would help define fights better. Give a bit of breathing space for the guild that killed a player.

Sign In or Register to comment.