idea's for next round of rewards

Back item with luck
bracelet companion to the Stirling silver and Katalkotl's ring
Luck ring for warrior (think compassions eye but with SSI etc)
belt apron slot with luck (a lucky first aid belt would be sweet ;)

Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    edited November 2020
    All Bane weapons that can be reforged and imbued.  Including Composite bow.

The SSI epaulet was a nice surprise, Thanks @Kyronix @Bleak
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • MissEMissE Posts: 776
    How about the next round of rewards make it you can use your  points up for ONE week after they actually turn the spawn off to get the items.  Due to a rushed hospital trip with my partner I lost a bunch of points that I collected this morning and intended to claim before the end, as the instant it switched off so did the points, happened while I was trying to get back from the hospital on time as you know hospitals are not the best places to get out of with any degree of speed. 

A week after the spawn finished you would not be so time critical to claim stuff. 

Zero idea on why you would turn off the reward collection the exact time the spawn finishes. I am sure I won't be the only person who for whatever reason couldn't log in the exact day it stopped and lost points.  Sure, make it so you can't hand any more items in, and give the reward collection an  end date but frankly you could be fighting to the last hour, get logged out and not be able to even get back in to hand stuff in and claim rewards if you had a power outage or whatever..

This event for me was totally wrecked due to the rewards being shard bound, so my only idea for next time is kill that.

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,081
    I don't think any additional time was needed to turn in rewards for this event. The time frame was clearly outlined from the beginning (6 weeks) as 11-15-20 11:59:59pm. 

That said, I do wish that the Trader NPC would accept all "treasures of" drops from all previous events. I always seem to end up finding a handful floating around my bank or random chest in my house after the event is over so it would be nice to be able to clean up my storage and put those things to use; that said I realize it may not coincide with the story line.

I do agree with the OP that a few new luck items would be nice. Maybe some lucky earrings?
  • psychopsycho Posts: 284
    edited November 2020
    There should be a NPC to turn in points after event ended yes, why? because the items will float around for years, unused. So why not turn them in a week after or a month, good for the game :)

As for new items in new event:
    I hope for new items for Mages, posible Casting Focus items that exceed the 12 CFcap. fighting two paragon bone mages or 3 shades is a fight versus patience. Unless you have prot enabled its a game of "that spell fizzles"  Same with EM events, Bosses do area dmg with 1hp dmg, enough to disturb the mage spell over and over. As for pvp CF can be 12 as is.

For returning items of the past, I hope same propeties. Cause it sucks having artis and items with same names only different propeties, when people sell items they rarely say which version and sometimes even unaware of the existance of different version with same name.

Old outdated items like Gauntlet, mini-arties, some champ spawn drops, thunt arties etc, add recipes where they are part of the recipe, makes crafters busy and the old items usable once again.
    edited November 2020
    Didn't say more time to TURN IN items but to allow more time, one week after the spawn stopped, to SELECT REWARDS.    The time frame was clearly outlined as to the event finishing, however, I didn't notice a sign saying you must select all your rewards by this time.  I knew you couldn't get drop or hand stuff in past that date.   There was no need to make the spawn stop and stop selecting rewards at the same time.  I may of held my points to see what was needed on shard vendors after the event stopped, instead I just burned em all up on stuff to get rid of the points. I had already claimed 1100 points worth of stuff, basically as you had to.  Normally I would wait to select to see what stuff people wanted after I got what i needed.  Now you are forced to select stuff before knowing what friends or customers want.  I know with past events, like the one where you claimed the first aid belt, I selected some of them ages after the thing finished as I found a NEED for more of them later.   It was good to have a few points in limbo to pick from later.   Same as I have 1000 points over two chars at blackthorns so I can get stuff as NEEDED from there.  Hate being forced to pick stuff BEFORE I work out the need.

I lost the points I did this morning due to not being able to get back from the hospital in time to select anything, was hoping to see my mate who accidentally selected the silver ring yesterday to find out what he wanted instead which was why I didn't select something instantly as was gonna swap him, so was waiting as I had 7 hrs before it closed.  As it turned out had to rush out and by the time I got back the thing and my points had disappeared, even though those points were all earned today, 50 of em.  

Just seems a bit inane to have the spawn and the reward selection stop at identical times.  Should be at least a week from close of spawn for people to come back and select.  Really doesn't need to be any reason for points to disappear.

Cheers MissE

• SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    MissE said:
    How about the next round of rewards make it you can use your  points up for ONE week after they actually turn the spawn off to get the items.  Due to a rushed hospital trip with my partner I lost a bunch of points that I collected this morning and intended to claim before the end, as the instant it switched off so did the points, happened while I was trying to get back from the hospital on time as you know hospitals are not the best places to get out of with any degree of speed. 

A week after the spawn finished you would not be so time critical to claim stuff. 

Zero idea on why you would turn off the reward collection the exact time the spawn finishes. I am sure I won't be the only person who for whatever reason couldn't log in the exact day it stopped and lost points.  Sure, make it so you can't hand any more items in, and give the reward collection an  end date but frankly you could be fighting to the last hour, get logged out and not be able to even get back in to hand stuff in and claim rewards if you had a power outage or whatever..

This event for me was totally wrecked due to the rewards being shard bound, so my only idea for next time is kill that.

Yeah i agree there is no need to rush and switch off the reward claiming function. 
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    How about giving back the FIRST AID belt fixed with the +10% bandage healing bonus ?
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    they need a gump, asking if you are sure on your purchase.
    MissE and I both have friends who picked the wrong item.
    there is nothing more disappointing than accidently clicking the wrong item.
    Especially since a tamer takes forever getting the points to begin with.
  • No the time to select rewards was stated long in advance and when it would be unavailable you had plenty of time to use your points can't just keep complaining on forums everytime something doesn't go your way @MissE .
  • DanpalDanpal Posts: 119
    The past few years they kept the guy up for a year. And I remeber them saying it will be up for a year for all future events. But they did nit keep there word on that
  • twizagtwizag Posts: 53
    I was ill for a week and ended up with a broken trough, points were left, but I didn't get anything..it's a shame, maybe somehow they can move on to the next event?
  • twizagtwizag Posts: 53
    No the time to select rewards was stated long in advance and when it would be unavailable you had plenty of time to use your points can't just keep complaining on forums everytime something doesn't go your way @ MissE .
    The person wrote that he was ill. What's wrong with leaving the NPC for another week? The event is over, Yes, but there are different circumstances. What's wrong with that, is it a game for people?
    twizag said:
    No the time to select rewards was stated long in advance and when it would be unavailable you had plenty of time to use your points can't just keep complaining on forums everytime something doesn't go your way @ MissE .
    The person wrote that he was ill. What's wrong with leaving the NPC for another week? The event is over, Yes, but there are different circumstances. What's wrong with that, is it a game for people?
    The same could be said if they did leave it up an extra week...why not leave it up an additional week AFTER that week? 

The timeline was clearly stated and everyone knew when it was over (vendor also said when it would be there until). Sorry you may have lost points but this should be a lesson for anyone else that waits until the last minute to turn in / claim things... there is always the possibility of the unexpected so be vigilant with events.
    edited November 2020
    McDougle said:
    Back item with luck

1) Shard Bound Jumu Sacred Hide with No Durability (no 255/255).
    2) Shard Bound Bane Dragon which can wear Dragon Barding.
    3) Shard Bound Royal Lieutenant Sash with no durability
    4) Cameo Fey Slayer non shard bound
    5) Sash with +5 sdi
    6) Sorcerer Glove with +10 SDI
    7) Weight reduction satchel for Leather
    8) Double strength luck statue adds 1 hour and 2x luck.
    9) Antique to Brittle converter potion

• twizag said:
    The vendor said when points would expire the player had 6 weeks to get their rewards and chose to wait last minute and then life happened not the devs fault or responsibility to extend the event.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    Seth said:
    McDougle said:
    Back item with luck

1) Shard Bound Jumu Sacred Hide with No Durability (no 255/255).
    2) Shard Bound Bane Dragon which can wear Dragon Barding.
    3) Shard Bound Royal Lieutenant Sash with no durability
    4) Cameo Fey Slayer non shard bound
    5) Sash with +5 sdi
    6) Sorcerer Glove with +10 SDI
    7) Weight reduction satchel for Leather
    8) Double strength luck statue adds 1 hour and 2x luck.
    9) Antique to Brittle converter potion

7) might fit better as an addition to Huntmaster's quest, since that's where the lumber and mining satchels come from.
  • JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 883
    edited November 2020
    they have had plenty of time to fix the first aid belts, so they should introduce them again.  Also Mesanna might want to actually do her job and make sure things are working and introduced (how they hid them from her I will never know). As for the quality assurance fella. One job and you failed
    I would really love to see more +SSI items on "non prime slots" like on a sash, on shoes, on earrings, on a robe, cloak, and so forth.

Also, the time to get the Sterling Silver ring and the Katalkotl’s Ring was way too short.

If one wanted to get multiples of them so as to have one for each pickable skill, theywould have needed to get too many points in too much a short time.

I think 6 or 7 skills can be picked for each ring so, that would make the full sets be like 12 or 14 rings.

That makes it some 600 or 700 points only for the rings, forget about any of the other rewards...

Now, I have no doubt that someone who could play extensively was able to gather 1,000+ points but most players, have limited time to play and where lucky if they could gather a couple hunded points or so...

Bottom line is, I would like to see these rings or something similar to them (bracelets ?) make a come back so that players could be able to put together a full set of them in all of the available skills.

One other thing I would love to see, is a blessed Satchel with a 90% reduction for fish and lobsters/crabs weight.

Often, if one stocks up fish somewhere else then in one's own boat hold, to fill up 6x, 20 counts fishmonger quests orders, several trips are needed back and forth to where fish are stored in order to fill up the Quest crate. Having such a Satchel would make it possible to fill up a Quest crafte in 1 trip and thus would greatly reduce the going back and forth which is annoying and time consuming to say the least.

I agree with both satchel ideas on weight reduction (Idk about 90% though) but agree with Petra those are likely better suited for huntsman and fishing rewards. 

What I'd love to see now that my archer has 55 SSI is a 5 SSI sash or boots so I can get 60 SSI on my suit. While on that topic (since I've been thinking about my archer), I'd love to see some sort of "Double exceptional" Comp Bow that basically just gives the weapon an extra 100 points of weight so I can add 5 maxed mods to a Comp bow (need the ability to apply whetstone). I like the bow of infinite swarm but I'd really like to be able to make a 100% element bow in a similar fashion and maybe add a slayer on it.
    Yeah I missed out SSI. It is weird to rely on 10 ssi on jewels. More SSI, more template options.

The weight reduction satchel should be a regular item under huntmasters. However any new change to that is at least 3rd quarter of 2021. They can introduce this as one off and in a "forest" event... a classic place to hunt animals for leather.
    edited November 2020
    I know when the event ended.  I also stated that the ONLY reason I even had points there was due to being called away unexpectedly. However

as

Danpal said:
    "The past few years they kept the guy up for a year. And I remeber them saying it will be up for a year for all future events. But they did nit keep there word on that"  

he is correct as they did say that.

However

Also if you actually read what I said I started with "How about the next round of rewards make it you can use your  points up for ONE week after they actually turn the spawn off to get the items." 

I knew when the thing ended, I never said or complained that I didn't use my points, in fact the ONLY Points I had left were the 50 I got the last  day to help my mate out who had selected the wrong item the day before.  I only even collected those in the last 24 hrs for him and would of selected only I had to rush off to the hospital and didn't get back in time. 

As it was when I did get back the NPC was still there, only the points had been wiped.   There was no need for them to do that, nor was there really a need to take the reward guy away, hence why I said NEXT ROUND maybe leave it.  If the NPC was still there then the points should of still been there if you were in time.  The NPC is gone today.

But whatever, you can go on a personal attack all you like.   Seems it is what this forum is for these days.

I get the events need a firm end date and have bugger all issue with that, I just don't see the need to make the hand in and reward collections part of that end date.   They should do what they SAID they were gonna do and leave the reward handin/select up for 12 mths. 

The other thing to remember is that endtime was the MIDDLE of the afternoon where we are, 3pm, so while it is easy for the USA with it ending at midnight,  as with everything in this game, for those of us not there it means we actually have to be at home and not working etc or remember that we have a whole bunch of hours we are not 'in' before it closes.   It is a pity the thing cannot be timed as per the countries it is in.   Too hard.

I am just as entitled to MY opinion without having people such as yourself make disparaging comments re myself.

Cheers MissE

edited November 2020
    You don't see it but just about everyone else does, and more importantly the Devs do (and did) so time to accept it is what it is and move on.

PS - This thread is about possible reward ideas for next round, not complaining about the last round...you already had that thread locked :) 
  • MargeMarge Posts: 720
    popps said:
    Having such a Satchel would make it possible to fill up a Quest crafte in 1 trip and thus would greatly reduce the going back and forth which is annoying and time consuming to say the least.

Although I am all for reducing fish weight, does your fisherman not have a bonded packy (beetle more convenient since they can be rode)? One packy = one trip.
  • More slots with hp please. For melee, there are only a few good options that basically lock you into that piece forever.
    Marge said:
    popps said:
    Having such a Satchel would make it possible to fill up a Quest crafte in 1 trip and thus would greatly reduce the going back and forth which is annoying and time consuming to say the least.

Although I am all for reducing fish weight, does your fisherman not have a bonded packy (beetle more convenient since they can be rode)? One packy = one trip.
    The bonded packie is still a work around that carries issues (cannot fish while mounted and a packie horse/llama can be killed by spawn quite easily...), I'd much rather prefer a solution with a heavy weight reduction for fish/crabs/lobsters blessed Satchel...

It takes much time to gather some of those fish, especially the dungeon fish and named crabs and lobsters and losing them in some situation only aggravates the player.

A blessed Satchel would better help preserve the investment of time that the player did to gather those fish and named crabs and lobsters.
  • BeccaBecca Posts: 16
    Place a commodity box next to where you store your fish. deed up what you need , take to the boat, drop deeds in hold, undeed them , drop in the crates as needed, 
    They weigh nearly nothing and can be transported easily.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Becca said:
    Place a commodity box next to where you store your fish. deed up what you need , take to the boat, drop deeds in hold, undeed them , drop in the crates as needed, 
    the issue is the hold of even the Britannia ship is just not large enough it should be able to hold all the fish/lobster/crab you catch during the fish monger quest...
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    edited November 2020
    Becca said:
    While it is a possible solution, I see it more as a convoluted work around rather then a "real" solution...

It needs a whole lot of commodity deeds and, considering that a crate can be with 6 lines and there is many crates to fill up and deliver, soon the commodity deeds would become tens upon tens if not hundreds to have to stock up...

I'd rather prefer a fish/crabs/lobsters weight reduction Satchel where one can just put in all of the fish, crabs and lobsters needed to fill up 1 Quest crate, recall away to fill up the Quest Crate and end of the story, no need to have to keep stocking up tons of commodity deeds....

Besides, it also serves another scope.... the Developers, in order to keep players interested in playing the game, need to always come up with new items, new Rewards that might be of interest to players so as to keep players hooked onto playing the game....

Well, such a fish/crabs/lobsters Weight reduction Satchel would be a step towards that direction, a new item to keep players interested in playing the game as it would be an item that could help them usefully...

Of course, since Commodity deeds are blessed, in order for such a Satchel to be able to compete and be "more" usefull as the use of Commodity deeds you suggest, it would need to come as Blessed, in any and all rulesets, otherwise, players would find no convenience in using it (if they get killed in PvP ruleset areas they would still get to keep their blessed and filled commodity deeds but not an unblessed fish/crabs/lobsters Weight reduction Satchel thus risking to loose their hard earned fish, crabs and lobsters...) and would simply use the Commodity deeds instead.

There is no point in working men hours to Develop items which then players would not use when they have better alternatives, already in the game, me thinks.

Either the new items are an "improvement" over what players currently have and can use in the game, or they would just be a waste of Developers' time since players would not use them and use whatever works better that they can currently use.

That is at least how I see it.