Bushido Page on Wiki does not have WW damage bonus listed

zimazima Posts: 55
edited November 2020 in Bugs
Whirlwind + bushido gives a damage multiplier bonus based on number of enemies aggroed and in range. I don't have the numbers at hand, but I think it is 100 bonus with 4 enemies or more at 120 bushido. https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/skills/bushido/

Comments

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,974Moderator
    edited November 2020
    It appears the Bushido page only covers the spells in the bushido book. I will add this to it.

The information is included in the Special Moves page description of Frenzied Whirlwind.
  • zimazima Posts: 55
    edited November 2020
    If you mean Frenzied Whirlwind – Deals scaled damage based on Ninjitsu/Bushido skill levels within a two tile radius over 2 seconds. Applies a movement slow to its initial target if it is player.
    Requires Bushido or Ninjitsu skill.

That would not be correct for Whirlwind + Bushido damage. 
    https://www.uo-cah.com/magic-abilities/bushido
    This is more clear, from uo-cah.com Your Bushido skill will increase the damage of Whirlwind Attack based on its skill level and the number of opponents you hit. This bonus caps out at 100 bonus damage (at 120 Bushido and 5 enemies). But lacks detail of how it scales by skill / enemy count.

This is a much more accurate description from stratics: Click the image to open in full size
    https://uo2.stratics.com/skill-guides/skills-and-professions/bushido/the-samurai/

Whirlwind : ((# of opponents * Bushido) * (# of opponents * Bushido) / 3600) = Bonus Damage
    Note: Damage Bonus for Whirlwind caps at 100. Also, Bushido counts as a weapon skill towards the reduction of the mana cost of weapon specific moves and abilities.
    Example: If you are using a weapon with Whirlwind on it, and you are surrounded by 4 enemies, and have a Bushido skill of 90, the additional damage you do to each of those enemies will be 36 points of additional damage.

Usefulness
    Though this move is dependent on how many mobs are near you, go someplace, say Doom and fight renderer’s with a fire or cold damage based weapon (or consecrate weapon if you are a paladin samurai) and just watch the damage climb and climb from that alone. Jump in the middle of a bunch of spawn and whirlwind once and watch how fast the mobs drop; it almost feels like a requirement to have Whirlwind based weapons.

The whole page contains useful nuts and bolts information. It would be nice to have that kind of detail on the wiki.

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,974Moderator
    I will ask for clarification on this. I believed the move you meant was frenzied whirlwind, because that's the move that requires Bushido, but you are telling me the bonus applies to whirlwind attack.
  • yes and he's correct about that. whirlwind receives a damage bonus based on bushido skill and number of attackers surrounding the character within a certain radius.

frenzied whirlwind does not receive that bonus damage.
  • zimazima Posts: 55
    If possible, could you add the much more detailed mechanic descriptions of the bushido moves? It would be much more helpful than the bland descriptions we now have