Questions about Publish 99 Schedule for Thursday, April 5, 2018

The most recent announcement regarding Publish 99 says, "We anticipate Publish 99 will be going World Wide on April 5, 2018.  This update will be done manually, and not during regularly scheduled maintenance.  Regularly scheduled maintenance for all shards will be cancelled beginning on April 5th and will resume on April 6th.  Shut messages will commence at 10:00am ET and shards will be brought down at 10:30am ET.  We anticipate the downtime will last approximately 3 hours.  Keep an eye on UO.com for updates on publish status.

"Beginning at 10am on April 5, 2018 the Account Center will be brought down in preparation for Publish 99.  The account center will return at the time Publish 99 is released world wide."

So, it sounds like on Thursday, April 5th, at 10:00 a.m. ET, announcements will be made on shards saying they will be shutting down in half an hour. Also at 10:00 a.m. ET, the Account Center will become unavailable.

At 10:30 a.m. ET, shards will go offline.  

At 1:30 a.m. ET, more or less, shards will come back online and the Account Center will probably come back around the same time.

My questions:

- Will Baja, Origin, and Izumo go offline at 10:30 a.m. ET on Thursday, along with the rest of the shards?

- Will Test Center be available to play on while the other shards are down?

- When all the shards and the Account Center are back, will Endless Journey be available?  If yes, will we be receiving further details between now and then about how to apply it to a dormant account, including any accounts that are held under a master account where other UO accounts are currently active?

- Will Global Direct Messaging work on April 5th?  Will we receive any information before then on how to use it?

Comments

• Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,030
    Margrette said:

- Will Global Direct Messaging work on April 5th?  Will we receive any information before then on how to use it?

Don't know if you saw this,

https://uo.com/wiki/global-chat/

-Arroth
  • MargretteMargrette Posts: 549
    Margrette said:

Don't know if you saw this,

https://uo.com/wiki/global-chat/

Thank you for the link.  I read the article and still have questions, but I'll just wait until it's active to try it out.
  • The_Higgs_1The_Higgs_1 Posts: 420
    Im more worried about global messaging being abused to crash other players in pvp battles.  I don't know how its going to be implemented but if its a separate gump outside the normal text on screen or is the normal text on screen it has been used to crash people before.  Just something to be aware of in the future.
  • DM_WyvernDM_Wyvern Posts: 31
    Im more worried about global messaging being abused to crash other players in pvp battles.  I don't know how its going to be implemented but if its a separate gump outside the normal text on screen or is the normal text on screen it has been used to crash people before.  Just something to be aware of in the future.
    I would disable global messaging for EJ accounts.