What pet or pets have you found out work best against Paragons ?

For all those players not having a dexer and thus, having to get by the less drops on their Tamer, what pet or combination of pets (and with what type of training) did you found out works best against the Paragons to take them down fast ?

Especially, the Paragon Rams, Poison Elementals and Lich Lords which seem to be those that take longer to kill.

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,098
    edited October 2020
    My Cu did just fine.  I also know that I should use spells. I have a 30 undead slayer book and a 30 elemental book.  One e bolt kills every normal mob except one of the skeles, Lich Lord, Ram. 

2 Thunderstorm kills everything except same as above, You do get drops from killing things in a room that is closed and you not in it. 

Used my dog to tank all the paras. You learn to not run. Run = Die. Use protection.  Invis then Gheal.  Repeat. you can take a few steps back and the para will stop targeting you and stay on the pet.  But if you have auto run on, it will target you.  The para targets anyone that runs by so you have to set up again.

I was able to effectively Use energy fields to block targets in halls. The poison para will remove a field so put up 2.  You can lead things out of the Ram room and use an energy field in the hall to keep the rams away from you.   You can block any hall with 2 energy fields. You can make an energy field and lead things into a arched hall with 1 field. For some reason the players on Atlantic use paralyze fields, the mobs just walk right thru them. 

Amazing how playing the game and learning from mistakes teaches you how to play effectively.

I changed to my Macer because there are so many players on LS it is difficult to find any live mobs without walking 3 screens away.

If LS was not so crowded I would still use my tamer because Thunderstorm clears rooms in 2 spells.

But, I have really enjoyed using my macer.  Having lots of challenging fun with the paras.

Also when this was tested on LS, I got just as many drops as the sampires with my tamer. The dungeon was not so crowded 20 hours a day.

With all the questions you have posted about melee toons and the changes you proposed... You have never built one?  How do you feel about trying to change other players play style when you have never tried it? @popps
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • jelinidasjelinidas Posts: 352
    @popps

I saw you on Cats this afternoon with a triton. Both of you were dead more then alive. Told you WoD does not work against paragons, but you kept at it. You ask questions, but never take advice. Instead you try to change the game to your template du jour. Play more, post less, and listen sometimes. Good luck!  (and, I like ridable pets. Cu's atm for this content)
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,948
    edited October 2020
    jelinidas said:
    @ popps

I saw you on Cats this afternoon with a triton. Both of you were dead more then alive. Told you WoD does not work against paragons, but you kept at it. You ask questions, but never take advice. Instead you try to change the game to your template du jour. Play more, post less, and listen sometimes. Good luck!  (and, I like ridable pets. Cu's atm for this content)
    Yes, Word of Death may not work but still does decent damage as compared to other spells.... sure, it is quite Mana demanding though, and slow... nonetheless, I hate casting the same "minor" spell over and over when one spell can deliver the damage of several lesser spells...

It looks like most people, though, is going down Deceit in dexers, rather then anything else....

Too bad that these Events have nothing for Bards, for example.... or Thieves, and several other different Templates.... it looks like that, go figure why, Dexers are most always favoured for these types of Events... as if players in Ultima Online did not like or enjoy to play also other Templates...

• SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited October 2020
    popps said:
    jelinidas said:
    @ popps

Yes, Word of Death may not work but still does decent damage as compared to other spells.... sure, it is quite Mana demanding though, and slow... nonetheless, I hate casting the same "minor" spell over and over when one spell can deliver the damage of several lesser spells...

It looks like most people, though, is going down Deceit in dexers, rather then anything else....

Too bad that these Events have nothing for Bards, for example.... or Thieves, and several other different Templates.... it looks like that, go figure why, Dexers are most always favoured for these types of Events... as if players in Ultima Online did not like or enjoy to play also other Templates...

So far Kal Vas Flam is powerful and faster, with slayer spellbook and suit at 151 SDI, even with protection on. Its seems useful for most except fire ele.

WoD is too slow and does not have high damage in this case.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,352
    I've been using a 5 slot unicorn, because it can't be poisoned. However my own survivability mostly depends on me being able to reach certain ledges that I can teleport on to. These allow me to vet the pet while not being in melee reach of the paragon, though of course they can still reach me with spells. It doesn't always work, and I die anyway, but mostly it does and both the pet and I survive.  Being able to do that also gives me the chance to cast heals on any helpful warrior who comes to my aid.
  • PlayerSkillFTWPlayerSkillFTW Posts: 527
    edited October 2020
    120 Chiv+AI 100% Fire Crimson Drake. Hits almost all of the spawn in it's weakest Resist (asides from Fire Eles), and he reliably cures himself with Cleanse By Fire. Hits harder than a Cu against most of the spawn.

My Macer Paladin still does better though.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    120 Chiv+AI 100% Fire Crimson Drake. Hits almost all of the spawn in it's weakest Resist (asides from Fire Eles), and he reliably cures himself with Cleanse By Fire. Hits harder than a Cu against most of the spawn.

My Macer Paladin still does better though.
     :o 

WTB fully trained Fire Crimson Drake....
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs