Shard bound treasures and event items

2»

Comments

• Mervyn said:
    So what if nobody farms them on dead shards?

If you personally know that the artifact rewards are shard bound prior to farming them, there is no issue.
    If you cannot farm 250 artifacts in one month, you choose a reward that you can afford. Or perhaps team up with other players and come to an arrangement.

Gold is often used to trade goods and services.

The fact they made ejs allowed to get drops but make the item shard bound is completely stupid and you are delusional for agreeing with the way this event is set up...ejs dont pay for a subscription therefore should not have access to these types of events...and some people dont need the items that play on less populated servers but wouldnt mind farming a few to sell for some gold so they have some spending coin...and dont tell us to just farm them on Atlantic because the ones who dont live in the US cant do that without 110+ ping
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    so...
    you play on a dead shard and want the items to sell for gold on ATL...

May i suggest selling....ANY other items
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,339
    Shard bound so that all the shard's items can't get carted off to Atlantic where most shard players can't get them
    Origin is West coast. At the time of your picture it was 3.44pm Atlantic, 12.44am Origin. Take into account time difference as well as server population.
  • Pawain said:
    So yall want to come to our shard and take the drops from us? 
    *Steals Pawain's lootz*
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,151
    Pawain said:
    It doesn't necessarily have to be your shard or even when you are playing if it is your shard. Last time I checked, you played lake Superior not Origin. 
  • Mervyn said:
    so...
    you play on a dead shard and want the items to sell for gold on ATL...

May i suggest selling....ANY other items
    These items will be the new hot ticket items plus it's an event so the monsters are different and it's a different experience. Maybe I want to enjoy it like everyone else but not have the items sit around and collect dust because I wont ever use them or sell them on my home shard because people will just farm what they need like they have been for years...your logic in this debate isn't full of substance tbh
  • Moral of the story is wearables should never be shard bound...deco is fine to be shard bound...players move characters all the time...should not have to struggle to find the gear they have that is shard bound on another server that may have a limited supply..
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,175
    The point of it is for the shard to help each other. I was down there earlier helping a few other people but the sad thing is most people want to do it themselves, not realizing that you can still get drops helping others. Yes the population on Origin is low, but it's NOT non-existent. Working together to help your shard thrive is the best thing you can do. I am very glad that certain things are shard bound and I strive every day to get with others on my shard to get things done.

• Shard bound so that all the shard's items can't get carted off to Atlantic where most shard players can't get them
    Origin is West coast. At the time of your picture it was 3.44pm Atlantic, 12.44am Origin. Take into account time difference as well as server population.

Not to be argumentative, but 3:44 pm atl would be 12:44 West coast, true.  .  But it will be PM not am.
  • jelinidasjelinidas Posts: 352
    shard bound is silly. I have toons that bounce around. Ill be damned if they now have to each have a "shard suit". Give me a effin break. Just another Dev epic fail.
  • RoxoRoxo Posts: 32
    Roxo said:
    What if the devs did something like make only the items that are being re-released (ranger cloak) shard bound, and stuff being released for the first time (new epaulettes) shard unlimited? This way the original stuff holds value, new players that missed that event can still get them when re-released, and character transfer is still viable. However, if the new stuff this time gets reused in the future as a reward it would be shard bound in that event, but versions from original event are still shard unlimited. This also means EJ accounts could not get drops if the rewards are unlimited. **HOT FIX rewards are no longer shard bound and EJ accounts can no longer receive drops
  • jelinidasjelinidas Posts: 352
    EJ accts can get drops???  WTF. Who is running this shit storm?
  • psychopsycho Posts: 290
    I personally dont mind the items being Shard Bound.  Its good for the shards to have items, and not shipped over to Atl.  Some items on many shards are hard/impossible to get because its all sendt to Atl.

EJ accounts getting event items im not fan of, it just opens for abuse. and lets get real people open EJ accounts if its a benefit for them.  Not new players, Not returning players,   just the ones that already play keep opening more EJ accounts because its benefital.

• KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,120Dev
    We currently have no plans to remove the Shard Bound status of items collected via dynamic Treasures events.  Things as they were during the soft launch of the events back in July.  In a future update we will make this information presented via the gump, whereas, as has been pointed out, the display isn't consistent across the item properties.
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,257

Jepeth said:
    The original versions of these items are not shard bound, so they retain some of their value compared to these more recent versions. I see this as a pretty good compromise for people who spent tons of gold on acquiring these items previous to this event and can still transfer and sell those original items where ever they wish. 

I agree with this post.
    Mervyn said:
    Also, the fact that so many people are farming them on Atlantic, says to me that they don't care that the items are shard bound...

I certainly don't

I also agree with this. Europa is really going for it also, we don't care, I'm just so happy to get a chance to go for this stuff. My only question, is can I last the pace, in the past I've failed, I really want to get a few items this time around.

Pawain said:

And yes, there is a certain truth here. The fact is, Atlantic is overcrowded, and has sucked population and items from other shards. There are Pro's and Con's to this; Pro - it is great as a Merchant Hub; Pro - Casual PvP is easier to find; Con - it is extremely busy for Events or day to day PvM content, spots will be crowded; Con - Vendor Search will break down as the database overflows.

Players need to bear these factors in mind, and adjust their play accordingly, in the same way we take our Ping to a server into account.

The Devs are trying something to maybe help rebalance, simple as that.

• RorschachRorschach Posts: 506Moderator
    edited October 2020
    This thread is closed. These items will remain shard bound. Asked and answered.
This discussion has been closed.