Can Endless Journey Accounts Interact with Magincia Encampment?

MargretteMargrette Posts: 549
edited April 2018 in General Discussions
Will Endless Journey accounts be able to buy from or sell to pet and commodity brokers in Magincia?  I cannot find anything in the publish notes that specifically addresses this. 

I would imagine they would need to have either the Rustic or Gothic expansion pack to set up a broker; however, as far as I know, a paid account does not currently need either expansion to be able to buy from or sell to a broker in Magincia and for lack of any other information, would assume the same will be true for Endless Journey accounts.

The one problem I see for EJ accounts using the brokers will be that when they buy items, they will receive a commodity deed that they won't be able to redeem without access to a bank box or commodity deed box, nor will they be able to put heavy stackable items into deed form to sell them to a broker.

Comments

• VioletViolet Posts: 371
    edited April 2018
    In the TC forum there was testing done to  address part of this.  As for setting up a vendor there, it is on test center now and you can set it so your account is flagged is ej there *hint hint*
  • MargretteMargrette Posts: 549
    edited April 2018
    Violet said:
    In the TC forum there was testing done to  address part of this.  As for setting up a vendor there, it is on test center now and you can set it so your account is flagged is ej there *hint hint*
    I'm leery of using the gates on TC to turn the EJ restrictions off and on again.  Don't want to end up having a borked account.   Also, I only found a post by Petra that said someone can buy a beetle from a Magincia stall, which doesn't answer my question about whether or not a character on an EJ account can sell to a commodity broker.
  • CyrusCyrus Posts: 49
    Seeing we had to "pay" for a theme pack to use it ourselves, I would hope the answer to your question is NO!
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    @Cyrus if I understand it and I hope I do is that they would also have to buy the pack just like we did.
    Bilbo said:
    @ Cyrus if I understand it and I hope I do is that they would also have to buy the pack just like we did.
    I hope you are correct, being able to buy from it wouldn't be a problem. However, to set up a stall themselves I would hope they would need the theme pack also.
  • MargretteMargrette Posts: 549
    Cyrus said:
    Seeing we had to "pay" for a theme pack to use it ourselves, I would hope the answer to your question is NO!
    Currently, you CAN buy from and sell to the brokers in Magincia if your account has not been updated with the Gothic or Rustic theme packs.  However, you cannot set up a broker.  It's been that way ever since those theme packs were added.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,344
    The publish notes say:
    Gothic/Rustic If purchased If purchased
    So, EJ works exactly the same as subscription. You can buy from and sell to the stalls, but you can't own one unless you've purchased the pack.
  • MissEMissE Posts: 776
    The publish notes say:
    So, EJ works exactly the same as subscription. You can buy from and sell to the stalls, but you can't own one unless you've purchased the pack.
    Just don't 'buy' any resources as you will get a commodity deed in your pack which you can't 'cash' in as you don't have a bank or use a commodity deed box. I assume that that can't happen but heck, this is UO.

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
    The publish notes say:
    Thanks Petra, That's exactly what I wanted to see.

(looks for the missing "like" button). and...it's still missing :)