best pvm places

hi, i'm new to the game, just a few months ago, i play with a friend, i'm tamer and my friend is a magician, we always go to the same places and the truth is that we already get tired. What places do you recommend to go to kill monsters that give good rewards? and how to get there !! thanks in advance

Comments

• Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,296
    Over the bridge on the east side of Tel Mur and fight the toxic sliths.  Skin them and cut up the skins with a sissors for maximum rewards.  Do the Tel Mur hunters quest he gives good rewards.   All the areas around Tel Mur offer good hunting if you are moderately advanced and new to the game.   Loot is not to bad either.  The Tel Mur blacksmith will give you a good price for gargoyle plate armor items you collect.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,296
    You can get there via any Moongate.
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,030
    edited September 2020
    Depending on your skill and ability:

Dungeon Deceit Trammel: the first floor is easy, but as you work your way down you'll find Poison Elemental and Lich spawns. The final level has a room with Lich Lords that spawn relentlessly. There are some funky spellcasting Line of Sight issues in that room, but with a tamer/mage combo you should be ok.

Dungeon Hythloth Trammel: Demon spawns. Find a room you are comfortable with (layout and spawn speed) and have at it. The lower floors have an instantly respawning Balron area. Lead out the Gazers and other critters and farm Balron's until your heart is content.

Dungeon Destard Trammel: If you're looking for harder stuff, the first floor is an open cavern with Dragons galore, and Greater Dragons if you're up for it. The south portion of the 2nd floor down has a quickly respawning Shadow Wyrm. The third floor has Ancient Wyrms.

You can also try the Lost Lands. Find a public rune library and look for Titan Valley for Titan's and Cyclopean warriors. You can also head to the Ophidian ruins for a massive snake bake. Be careful of the spawn, it can overwhelm you. The Terathan fortress might also be good for 2 players depending on your skill.

Without knowing more about what you are comfortable fighting, these may all be way to easy for you, or way to hard. Welcome to UO, and good luck!
    -Arroth
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    I've always found Hyiru plains to be great spot the lessors and hyirus drop 1k+ gold and are very easy to kill toss in the random ninja and oni and it is safe good money 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited September 2020
    Looking for serious fun in hunting? If there are no specific loots or rewards that you are after, try all the peerless bosses, all the Eodon tribe quests, Shadowguard, Doom, Exodus, high seas pirates. 

Not sure why is everyone recommending farming classic dungeon and collecting resources.

There are so many exciting, fun things to do!!!
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,146
    I agree with @Seth here. It depends on your ability but the classic dungeons are "ok" but if you are able, Shadowguard (aka "the roof) is where you will find a good challenge and worthwhile loot. 

Also if you play during times that aren't super busy you could even venture over to Felucca and try a Champ spawn (I'd recommend the rat spawn in Despise first); if you can complete it without being raided by reds you will get some powerscrolls (maybe a 120 one) and around 200-300k in gold that drops on the ground.  
    Yeah, champ spawn is also rewarding hunt, for powerscolls, mastery and major arties. If raided just keep running to guard zone if possible.
  • So shadowguard and champ spawns. What if you cant quite do roof yet,anything else you can kill with the chance to get loot that might elevate you to roof killing?

• MerusMerus Posts: 656
    Murzam said:
    So shadowguard and champ spawns. What if you cant quite do roof yet,anything else you can kill with the chance to get loot that might elevate you to roof killing?

Corgul 
    Murzam said:
    So shadowguard and champ spawns. What if you cant quite do roof yet,anything else you can kill with the chance to get loot that might elevate you to roof killing?

I have friends using newbie sampire template and magician who joined guilds to do shadowguard. In fact, I think they used Shadowguard to improve their characters. It provides them the gear and gold that cannot be matched elsewhere. 
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,146
    Well this will depend on your shard but...

If you can't quite do the roof yet then I'd suggest doing things like champ spawns or maybe try to participate in public net tosses (or join a guild that does them) or even join someone else doing the roof.

If you get something like 120 tactics or resist you can sell it for a ton of gold and then buy your upgraded gear. The public net toss will give a chance at a larger group taking down Scalis and you possibly getting a single tile soul forge (sells for a ton) in your pack AND some worthwhile loot; same idea with getting others to help with the roof (there is plenty of gold & loot to go around).