Peacemaking questions

So I have not played a bard in a very long time and have only recently returned to UO at all. That being said my friend made a bard and I have noticed some weird interactions with that skill specifically. Let me clarify UOguide has been my go to for skill information and hunting pointers again I have been gone awhile and Im not sure how out of date their info is. Anyways their site says peace should last until the monster takes dmg or the bard loses LoS. However I am noticing it breaks dmg or not shortly after it sticks and that there is some harsh diminishing returns on repeacing the same mob. Is this working as intended or?

Comments

• NorryNorry Posts: 515
    Are you direct targeting, or aoe peacing, and which mobs are we talking about?

It may be more of an aggresive mob targeting thing. Like if you attack a  bear, then peace it, that bear goes back nuetral.

But say a dragon, you peace it, then move, it can re aggro you.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    Peacemaking, to me in my opinion only but others may agree, has been rather useless for a while.
  • Urge said:
    Peacemaking, to me in my opinion only but others may agree, has been rather useless for a while.
    Im starting to feel that way about it myself. 
  • Norry said:
    Are you direct targeting, or aoe peacing, and which mobs are we talking about?

It may be more of an aggresive mob targeting thing. Like if you attack a  bear, then peace it, that bear goes back nuetral.

But say a dragon, you peace it, then move, it can re aggro you.

Right ok, that sort of helps me thanks. I was targeting aggro mobs for sure.I guess my thing was it didnt seem to have much of a duration.

• UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    Murzam said:
    Urge said:
    Im starting to feel that way about it myself. 
    I feel the duration is too short and the timer is too long. Discord is so much better to my gameplay. 
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    discord and then direct peace
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    The peacemaking timer is way too short, almost insultingly short.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    i gave up peacemaking and went with using mass sleep instead much more effective...
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    Peacemaking is really only useful for the mastery in my opinion. The regens / reduced harmful durations / reduced damage buffs can be very useful.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    keven2002 said:
    Peacemaking is really only useful for the mastery in my opinion. The regens / reduced harmful durations / reduced damage buffs can be very useful.
    this !! an party with two bards one running peace and the other provo almost impossible to kill !!
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way...