Mystic Thrower - Template Advice Needed

Hi Team Ultima Online! 

I just about maxed out my Mystic Thrower template. This is what I am working with:

120 Throwing
90 Tactics
90 Healing
90 Anatomy
120 Mysticism
120 Focus
90 Chivalry

Lord GOD(GOD) has a writeup on it here:

https://community.stratics.com/threads/mystic-thrower.383678/post-2809955

---

I am discovering the casting times for my spell Mass Sleep / Rising Colossus to be very slow. How should I incorporate Faster Casting into my gear?

Any advice here?

Comments

• Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Look for rings and bracelets on vendor search that have Faster casting and faster cast recovery or them as well as lower mana and reagent cost.  Most of the time at least a few sellers will have reasonably priced ones for sale.  You might also find this quality on talisman and other things you can wear.  Also, some spellbooks including scrappers.   Search every night you play When you log on or off to get the best deals

Vendor search may have the search you need to do under its casting option.  Choose faster casting first.  Then do another search for faster cast recovery.  Most items do not have both qualities on them.

If you have chosen your current gear to maximize your players throwing ability, you will likely have to give up some advantage to improve your casting ability.  You have to decide if the sacrifice is worth it. For example, you can improve you ability to cast spells if you get a ring that has faster casting, faster cast recovery, and lower mana cost on it.  But, if it replaces a ring that increases you weapon damage by 35%, and has various other mods that benefit your throwing skill, you will have to decide which skill set is more important to you throwing or casting.  Occasionally items that have mods that benefit both skills do come up for sale at reasonable prices.  Check vendor search daily if you can.
  • SmootSmoot Posts: 389
    on my mystic thrower, i use these jewels and:
    jumus sacred hide
    5ssi town bonus, cameo, 40ssi weapons (to achieve 1.5s swing speed with 150 stamina)
    pendant of khal ankur (maninly for the EP and 10 hpi)

rest of suit are mostly legendarys with a few imbued pieces

its a tough template to pull off just because of the stats needed, plus casting, sdi, lrc.  but not as hard as if you needed a ton of skill points on items.

• SmootSmoot Posts: 389
    also saw your other thread that you play siege, i hate to say it but might not be the best choice for siege because highly gear dependent.

if your on siege, get a blessed invasion spellbook, and make mage, or mystic mage :)
  • Thanks for the feedback here folks! I heard that Mysticism is capped at Faster Casting too, so that is probably what I am going to try and achieve with my suit. ^_^