Dress/Reskill double focus skill loss

MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
edited August 31 in Bugs
Wearing a VvV crystalline ring with +20 focus, +20 magery. (and a +10 focus obi di ense)

Please observe focus and magery skill.
Upon death, you lose focus and magery skill as expected as now naked. Then when dress, as expected, during combat you do not yet receive the + 30 focus and + 20 magery instantly due to the combat +skills timer. However upon a second death, for some reason you then lose a further 20 focus skill? This is not just a display issue, you do actually lose the skill.

The only way to reset the skill is to log out and in.

Exploit concept: (untested) If this is repeatable with other jewellery with more than 2 skills, perhaps you could rince and repeat the process until 0 skill, or negative skill, and then train that skill at 0 value level (easier), when you actually have high real skill
I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

Comments

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited September 8
    Update,

The skill loss is repeatable for any secondary skill on a ring, and can take you all the way down to 0 skill. However you cannot gain in skill while under this effect. So it's like a perma stat loss, (until you relog)

A lot of people have more than one skill on jewelry and a lot of people get reskilled by players, and not realise they're
    a) still in a status of certain skill loss
    b) unable to gain in skill.

This could cause some frustration and confusion for a lot of people.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited September 8
    ESPECIALLY A WARNING TO PEOPLE USING +ANIMAL TAMING/LORE SKILL JEWELRY as a secondary skill, if you get reskilled by a player, your taming skill will drop and drop and your pet could unbond if you try to command it repeatedly.

You do not have to be in VvV for this to affect you.

• quickbladequickblade Posts: 128
    I can confirm this issue, please fix asap priority