Crafters suck because of Legendary Armor?

Is there any solution to make crafting a necessary part of the game again? I was hoping to make one and all, but a lot of veterans are telling me its not even worth it anymore.

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    Crafters can not get as many properties on armor as drops have.  Especially LRC, MR,LMC, +int +mana.  Its easy to find a suit for a mage.  Dex suits are more difficult to find, so many crafters have to combine reforging and imbuing to make a dex suit because they can not afford/find the pieces.

Also crafters make better PvM weapons than you can find from drops.  All my bows and weapons are imbued.

I would love for crafting to get some perks with armor.

You should look at peoples armor instead of relying on crusty Vets opinions. Then decide.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    What he said points up.
  • Only thing crafters are good for now are making weapons or cheap suits for all the x sharders to multibot events with. 

oh and house furniture. That will be forever theirs. lol
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,246
    edited April 2018

For me crafters are fairly pointless.

I have everything on my Crafter (and many soulstones), and only use him for Taste ID to stack potions I've looted in PvP, and Imbueing to unravel Legendary gear I get in PvM, in the vain hope the parts I unravel or collect will have a use again some day. I do BoDs, but again, for no real reason than I hope one day in the future, I'll be able to craft with the kits again one day and make some decent stuff.

They have a fantastic BoD system, then you get the rewards, and nothing you can make comes near current PvM loot.

Personally, to make crafters a bit more relevant, I'd buff Greater Reforged gear, and introduce Runic Tinkering Kits, to make Greater Reforged Jewellery.

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited April 2018
    Make Brittle items spawn with less than 100 durability would go a long way, 255 durability lasts forever. They did actually used to only spawn with 60/70 then people whined and said they were useless and it was upped to max 255, just went from one extreme to the other...

I think actually originally people beleived brittle acted like antique, and didn't realise they don't actually lose durability faster than normal items at all.

Whoopsie

I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• cobbcobb Posts: 172
    max imbuing weight for armor needs be increased
  • TabinTabin Posts: 30
    Crafting is very good for dexxer armor and weapons.  I use my crafter all the time. 
  • TeapotTeapot Posts: 58
    Yeah seriously, on smaller shards being able to craft your own dex suits and weapons is a big deal.  
    Alot of the people that seem to think it's not needed wear alot of armor with useless stats or just play casters.  You'll especially know the importance when building a full suite of sampire weapons and getting those 100% HML mod's.  Plenty of people running around with 75% not knowing what they are missing out on.
  • cobbcobb Posts: 172
    I have phased out all imbued pieces on my dex suits. A couple of alternate characters that i dont use much have 1or 2 imbued pieces.
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,311
    Crafting sucked after AOS 
  • Mervyn said:
    Make Brittle items spawn with less than 100 durability would go a long way, 255 durability lasts forever. They did actually used to only spawn with 60/70 then people whined and said they were useless and it was upped to max 255, just went from one extreme to the other...

I think actually originally people beleived brittle acted like antique, and didn't realise they don't actually lose durability faster than normal items at all.

Whoopsie

That would do absolutely nothing to help crafting. Just more hoarding of items for personal use.

My suggestion would be to allow legendary imbuers the ability to imbue more properties onto lesser, major, greater, etc artifacts. Make it so they can be bumped up one level to cap out at legendary. Maybe it would take runics to do so you could also say what grouping you want to add.
  • Acid_RainAcid_Rain Posts: 268

Crafting runs in cycles, its always been that way. For a couple years crafting sucks then a few years its awesome.... vice versa.

We just happen to be in a down cycle atm with all the legendary items. Don't throw your crafters away cause mark my words... They WILL be back. Its just a matter of time.

As mentioned already, crafted weps are still be best u can get for all PvM and even some PvP (archers). Once they get EJ underway and debugged (which may take a year), I'd bet they revisit imbue weights and make changes. They got a lot on their plate right now to b revamping crafting.

All in due time.

You mean collecting rare resources and receipts is when crafting is good ? 
    To me it’s a hardcore grind and caters to scripters only.
    The only thing this crew knows how do well is make this game more of a grind, overly complex and just out right boring. 

KISS 
  • Acid_RainAcid_Rain Posts: 268
    There isn't a single mmo or D&D style game I know that doesn't include some type of grind for materials needed in crafting. If you can't spend a few hours in game getting mats to make stuff, try another game bro.
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 865
    The Devs should give more control to crafters over which properties they get on items.
     It's important that PvM retains the strongest possible items, but they shouldn't be 2-3x stronger like they are now.

starting with crafted base pieces.

Crafting:
    Allow a crafter of 100.0+ skill (maybe 110.0+ in smithing / tailoring) to allocate all the bonus (Exceptional & Arms Lore) to an armor piece, instead of the bonus resistances being allocated randomly.

Imbuing: Increase item weights on Armor from 500 to 600, & allow up to 6 properties to be imbued on a single piece.

Increase 2-h melee weapons to 700 item weight and up to 7 properties per piece.
    1-handed & ranged weapons should remain unchanged.

Reforging: increase the minimum amount of properties added with the highest end runic kits (Valorite, barbed & heartwood) to a minimum of 5, if there are less than 5 total properties between the prefix/suffixes chosen additional properties will be generated randomly.

Structural Reforging: Increases the amount of magic properties added to the next item reforged by +1, with a 100% to 150% intensity, Also adds "Brittle"* to the item. (Antique to Jewelry if/when adding Tinkering Reforging)

Fundamental Reforging::Increases the amount of magic properties added to the next item reforged by +1, with a 100% intensity, Adds "Prized"* to the item.

Items crafted with both Structural/Fundamental reforging will receive both Brittle/Antique & Prized

Update "Brittle" applied from Reforging to function as it does on looted items.

Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • TabinTabin Posts: 30
    edited April 2018

Crafting is fine as is.  It is a slightly more budget friendly way to achieve end game gear.  I have two different dexxers that can solo some of the hardest PvM content with all crafted gear + artifacts. 

Devs just gave you the ability to craft new Doom items last year.  Finally, making Legendaries less useful by making crafted items better will just cause players to complain that Legendaries aren't good enough. 

• DavoDavo Posts: 46
    I am tired of making suits lol. yes they did make loot too good and it did affect crafting.
  • PinkertonPinkerton Posts: 105
    I craft all my weapons.  I craft awesome luck gear.  There are times when I want the exact properties I need for a piece rather than scatter shotting 3 extra properties on a Lego Artifact that arent what I want. 

My biggest complaint, and its a big one, is I have to spend real life money in order to craft the best items in the game.  Do not even tell me I have any chance adding gold to a 150 Luck SC-0 shield without a forged metal.  The game forces you to buy from the store to be the best crafter you can be, and that is def pay to win.
  • crunchnastycrunchnasty Posts: 241
    U have to spend real life money to use a crafter to its full potential... that does not seem right at all. Why would they make it pay to play like this?
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    I buy my forged metal of artifacts for 55 mill. 

And looted artifacts also need to be enhanced sometimes. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• InLorInLor Posts: 354
    Acid_Rain said:
    There isn't a single mmo or D&D style game I know that doesn't include some type of grind for materials needed in crafting. If you can't spend a few hours in game getting mats to make stuff, try another game bro.
    Or another genre.  :D
    A qua lemmúr wíste, an zen anku vol verde wís.
  • HonkwompHonkwomp Posts: 44
    Armor and weapons crafting became nearly useless with the third dawn WOW system of loot.  Crafting is really morphed into enhancing and imbuing.  It's all about the loot drop now.  
    Acid_Rain said:
    Hours lol okay “bro” 

Ill just go to doom and get the receipt and artifacts, then go collect the rare resources and the normal resources in lets say hours.

i have no problem collecting resources that a crafter can collect, but spending months/years trying to get all the other bs to make the top items well lol sorry that’s a grind. 

Not all of us have scripts and hacks and only have a few hours a week to login 

hell why don’t you take a pole and ask others if they feel UO is an over the top grind and has overly complex systems. 

AOS started the fall of crafting and then imbuing killed it.