Age of Shadows has twisted the gameplay of UO

Please get rid of insurance, or make it more expensive to insure items. The insurance has pretty much negated the actual need for a craftsman by so much (yes I know craftsman are still somewhat useful), and makes it too easy to just keep and repair certain items indefinitely, also there is an abundance of things that people never lose and therefore takes out the risk vs reward system of having cool stuff; talk about power creep, its like being a rapper with a hundred diamond chains walking in the worst part of town, getting jacked and then being like oh no worries bro I get to keep them. Nothing is rare anymore, it seems like every schmuck in Yew who wants to pvp has like identical gear that is awesome cause they never lose it. and killing someone for a measly few thousand gold is BS. Also, because of insurance, at a certain point I can just stockpile a bunch of cool stuff and sit on my insurance and not have to worry about the excitement of whether or not ill keep my stuff... kinda makes things boring. I mean what the hell was the point of Trammel? Now insurance on top of it? Give me a break people! 

So many skills are outdated and pretty much not worth using as well... its like uhh make a use for this stuff that actual makes it fun / worthwhile to use... Item ID, Taste ID, Begging, Herding and the list goes on... so much is broken because the game has become more item focused than skill focused.

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,076
    edited March 2018
    Age of Shadows came out 15 years ago.  Would any of us still be playing if there were not new armor and weapons in 15 years.

Go play on Siege and only use things you buy from an NPC if it means so much to you.  Crap weapons and no insurance, just like you want.

I agree that crafting needs a revamp.  But that is not a plan for the near future.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • crunchnastycrunchnasty Posts: 241
    edited March 2018
    I didn't say no new armor or weapons man, I said no insurance so that u can't just keep it forever, or aat least make the insurance more realistic and up the cost, 1k for an item that is beyond awesome makes insurance silly
    Siege has no Insurance.  The rest of us like insurance or we would play there.  Or not insure our items and Role Play the horrible times before insurance.
    lol I want to play with people , not by myself, Seige has a very small base compared to something like Atlantic, if the numbers were there id consider it. I just find it kind of lame that theres no risk of losing good stuff. might as well just make everything blessed
  • DJAdDJAd Posts: 290
    The insurance has pretty much negated the actual need for a craftsman by so much (yes I know craftsman are still somewhat useful)
    The new legendary armor is what made crafter's pretty much useless. Go to Yew gate on Atlantic and see who is using crafted gear compared to loot items.

If other people felt the same way as you about insurance then Siege would be packed.
    oh alright makes sense, but if insurance was changed then ppl could at least lose that too. I dunno just trying to figure it all out myself.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    How long have you been gone from the game?  AoS was forever ago and insurance has been around for a long time now.
    17 years
    Welcomed to the new and improved item based UO where almost nothing wears out
    Bilbo said:

Nothing wore out 17 years ago.  Items did not have durability then.  If you play a lot you pick up a piece here and there to modify your suits.  Most of my stuff is replaced before I repair them 3 times.  Durability is not an issue to most players.
  • FatFat Posts: 97
    Pawain said:

Nothing wore out 17 years ago.  

Pre AoS, when you repaired an item, the max durability was reduced. I wore out quite a few good silver swords. 

Please get rid of insurance, or make it more expensive to insure items. 

I made these same arguments just over 15 years ago. I suggest you play Siege or find something that offers a similar experience. 
    edited March 2018
    Pawain said:
    Bilbo said:

Nothing wore out 17 years ago.  Items did not have durability then.  If you play a lot you pick up a piece here and there to modify your suits.  Most of my stuff is replaced before I repair them 3 times.  Durability is not an issue to most players.
    But back then we didn't have all this ubbbber equipment, things were much simpler then.