Legacy Greater Dragons

Just wondering if my pre-patch legacy greater dragon is still worth keeping? Just learning about all the pet changes. From what I see, no real change for my legacy dragons, because they are still 5 slot. So, I just can’t train them, that’s the only difference, correct? But, worth keeping or get a lower slot pet that can be trained with skills and abilities, out performing the greater dragon?

Comments

• There are many places to learn about the changes, my preferred spot is UO-CAH. there are also some good threads on here and on Stratics.  the Dragons still have their uses if they were a good dragon to begin with.  i'd start looking at the threads and getting accustomed to the changes.
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,687
    I know some people who still use Greater Dragons.
    And if you like the pet, they do spawn as a 4 slot.

I usually use a Giant Beetle, because you can haul loot in it.
    but recently discovered I like a Chivalry/Armor Ignore Cu.
    Both of which can be ridden.

My friends who do use Greater Dragons, only do so during Guild Events.
    I wouldn't suggest taking one out by yourself.
    One thing about other pets, is that you can add Mana Regen & Hit point regen.
    And you can set the base damage to be the same as a Greater Dragon.
    The only thing is, that you have to have Power Scrolls to apply to your pets.
    But you don't have to scroll them out to 120.
  • I know some people who still use Greater Dragons.
    And if you like the pet, they do spawn as a 4 slot.

I usually use a Giant Beetle, because you can haul loot in it.
    but recently discovered I like a Chivalry/Armor Ignore Cu.
    Both of which can be ridden.

My friends who do use Greater Dragons, only do so during Guild Events.
    I wouldn't suggest taking one out by yourself.
    One thing about other pets, is that you can add Mana Regen & Hit point regen.
    And you can set the base damage to be the same as a Greater Dragon.
    The only thing is, that you have to have Power Scrolls to apply to your pets.
    But you don't have to scroll them out to 120.
    You can make a good pet without power scrolls as well.  i have some non scrolled fire beetles that do well. Power Scrolls are icing on the cake so to speak.

• BaldemarBaldemar Posts: 10
    edited August 2020
    Thanks for the reply’s, much appreciated. I’ve been reading lots, but sometimes the simple questions go a long way. What about legacy Fire Steeds, Rune Beetles, white wyrms, any different or should I get new ones?
  • People pay good money for some of the legacy animals, like mares.  they can be trained up to 5 slots and usually have better str or other attributes than the newer versions..  those you need to read about in depth.  The aforementioned places have info about them as well.

People pay good money for some of the legacy animals, like mares.  they can be trained up to 5 slots and usually have better str or other attributes than the newer versions..  those you need to read about in depth.  The aforementioned places have info about them as well.

I have two legacy Pure Mares in my stable, you talking about those?
  • Yes. may want to put a screenshot of the stats page to be sure.  and don't push the training button on any of them yet

Yes. may want to put a screenshot of the stats page to be sure.  and don't push the training button on any of them yet

• definitely read up on pr patch Mares before doing anything with that one. and play around with newer pets before doing anything with it.

• NorryNorry Posts: 515
    Pre patch night mares and ww are worth decent money.

DO NOT MESS WITH THEM YET, YOU WILL DESTROY THE PET MAKING IT WORTHLESS

Play around with cus, and lesser hyrus becuase you will mess up. Talk to expirienced trainers, we know what works best, and can help you build the most effective pet.
    Norry said:
    Pre patch night mares and ww are worth decent money.

DO NOT MESS WITH THEM YET, YOU WILL DESTROY THE PET MAKING IT WORTHLESS

Play around with cus, and lesser hyrus becuase you will mess up. Talk to expirienced trainers, we know what works best, and can help you build the most effective pet.
    Will do! I have two pre patch mares and one ww
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,097
    No such thing as a pre patch greater Dragon as far as using goes. Current dragons and G dragons are the same stats.

The mares, dreads, banes, ww. Bake kitsunes. Are better than what we can tame now.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Pawain said:
    No such thing as a pre patch greater Dragon as far as using goes. Current dragons and G dragons are the same stats.

The mares, dreads, banes, ww. Bake kitsunes. Are better than what we can tame now.
    And the pre patch Cu’s are worse. What about Fire Steeds and Rune Beetles?
    Cus ,hiryus, beetles were ruined after a publish unless you pushed the blue button right after 97.

Steeds and rune beetles are same wild.
    A little off topic, a pre patch white wyrm, going to build chiv/AI. Should I add any HPR, SR, MR in the build? Also, what’s better, Lightning Force or Raging Breath to go with it?
    You need to learn about the taming revamp or you will ruin it fast.  I told you what to do on the other forums.

Unfortunately many of the pet specials sound good.  But, very few actually do damage. 
  • Lady_StormLady_Storm Posts: 400
    The first dragons we could tame were GDs  if you read the stats and all of the first pets they would show this is the case... I do own a few WW's and nightmares that are pre change.   The dev of one such era added the ability of the pets AI to cast spells to get you out of trouble.. its funny  they gave them the ability to gate and recall your tush out of danger...  You can tell a pre patch by its roar.  if it sounds sick its not a pre patch  if it roars fully you got one.. a WW dragon or nightmare will read differently too