character missing after transfer?

McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
edited August 2020 in General Discussions
@Kyronix So i transferred a char from Pac to origin waited a few min and sent one from Atl to Pac now it is letting me log into Origin but the char i sent there is missing? ?
Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 

Comments

• TimStTimSt Posts: 1,793
    Did you use the in game help system? When my transfer got stuck I used it. 
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    if there is no char to log in with how do i use it?

• McDougle said:
    if there is no char to log in with how do i use it?

A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

Yes GM Quinn was helpful my Char stuck in limbo right now but should be good tomorrow !
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    How did you bypass the 24 hour wait period between transfers?
    when i went to do the second transfer it said you must wait a a few min later it let it go through the GM said when i did that it canceled the first transfer and when it tried to send my toon back to pac i was at 7 char again so he floats in limbo hoping tomorrow i can move another toon off pac and he will re appear but it is all a case of user error and no one's fault but my own ..
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    I tried to do what you did and UO would not allow it so it is NOT your fault it is UOs fault and they should fix it as thier program allowed it to happen.
    I sent another Character off Pac hoping the missing one would show but no luck paged and waiting to hear from GM but i get the feeling Wolfbane McCain lost forever in the ethereal void...
  • Lord_NabinLord_Nabin Posts: 203
    Usually a GM can track them down for you and either reverse it so you can start over or kick it in the but to get it where it was going. Never lost a character in all the hundreds I've done. 

Best knowledge nugget I ever was told on transfers is do not unpack till you get to your very final destination. lol I have several years of stories of loosing packies on the route to my destination once I landed  I could tell you about. Some were pretty funny. 
    Lord Nabin
    High Council Sage
    Ancient Conclave of Wisdom

ICQ 248-636-691
    Discord Lord Nabin#5433
    lordnabin@yahoo.com
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    This should go under the bug section. Apparently, I think everyone might feel any post gets better attention here. It is necessary for more Dev or Customer Service involvement in that thread too.

Apart from Kyronix's active involvememt in TC rollout and moderators busy with finding evidence to 'close thread', there are none that step forward to solve problems.

Perhaps the reason why threads need to be closed is that, the issue was never addressed. So players start to digress and become personal. There is the root cause due to inactivity by someone. 

Like I said before, first UO store item go missing, then now character transfer get lost.

The final bastion, if my house, character items etc get lost for no reason, then it's time.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    A big shout out to GM Quinn and the rest of the team Wolfbane is alive and well!! i had accepted his passing but he is my second oldest character older in fact than a few of my children so i am so happy !!