Why Lanterns Do Not have States?

YagaYaga Posts: 11
edited August 2020 in General Discussions
Why have we not gotten Lanterns with some states on them? Tinkering runic tools could be crafting them with some magic States. Also, an item that can be purchase from the UO Store with perhaps an increase skill. 

Priority, FC, FCR, Regen, LRC, LMC, .... Keep resistances very low to none. 
  1. Should Lanterns have states?13 votes
    1. Yes
      46.15%
    2. No
      53.85%
Tagged:

Comments

• RockStaRRockStaR Posts: 168
    Yaga said:
    Why have we not gotten Lanterns with some states on them? Tinkering runic tools could be crafting them with some magic States. Also, an item that can be purchase from the UO Store with perhaps an increase skill. 

Next you will want them to work lanterns into the parry skill. Why should you have a modded item in the right hand that's not a shield? Can you imagine twirling a lantern at a person or a monster as a form of defense?
  • RockStaR said:
    Yaga said:

Next you will want them to work lanterns into the parry skill. Why should you have a modded item in the right hand that's not a shield? Can you imagine twirling a lantern at a person or a monster as a form of defense?
    *Your target becomes Paralyzed as you twirl your lantern in a hypnotic manner*  
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• Lord_NabinLord_Nabin Posts: 203
    Lanterns already have States or Stats

On/Off
    Lord Nabin
    High Council Sage
    Ancient Conclave of Wisdom

ICQ 248-636-691
    Discord Lord Nabin#5433
    lordnabin@yahoo.com
  • NorryNorry Posts: 515
    Lantern things wwre a thing, for dueling in italy, and they used it to blind their oppenents. Imagine if it worked like a stun.
  • *your opponent burst into flames as the lantern shatters against their chest*

A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

Seems I have seen a lot of battles that included lanterns....Might make a nice soul catcher 
    Lord Nabin
    High Council Sage

ICQ 248-636-691
    Discord Lord Nabin#5433
    lordnabin@yahoo.com
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    again anyone that suggest any difference is shouted down . let the poor guy/gal pick the skin of their item who would it hurt if the lantern had the vesper shield stats?? or my parrot had stats (counts days...)
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • I do not think they should have stats. What precedent is there in other games or real life that would warrant them to have stats? Why stop @ lanterns - torches provide the same current function as lanterns. Maybe they should have stats as well? Some things are intended to be unique, decorative, or have a simple functionality (I.E giving light). Mostly people used lanterns for roleplay or that they just liked the look of them. Not everything in the game has to have stats just because other items in the same slot do.

I do not feel its that big of a deal. If it fits their role play why not 
    Lord Nabin
    High Council Sage

ICQ 248-636-691
    Discord Lord Nabin#5433
    lordnabin@yahoo.com
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    I could tell you the tale, of my Aunt Bessie a woman as kind and gentle as they came. until the day raiders showed at our door. I was bringing the cow back from pasture when to rough looking men appeared from the woods. i had seen these men in town before and knew they had ill intentions,running as fast as i could screaming with hopes my father or brother had returned from the war and might protect me but alas twas but Bessie i saw as always a lantern dangled in her hand i was often mesmerized by it as a child. the men closed quickly on their horses laughing with evil delight. Bessie stood tall and politely asked them to leave, the taller of the two jumped quickly from his horse and drew a wicked looking dagger. i caught glimpse of what looked like a comet streak by and heavens to Bessie her lantern lashed out the heavy iron base crushing the man skull! now the other rider still had a measure of gumption left and dismounted . again like a lighting blot Bessie let her lantern fly wrapping itself around the mans leg he fell to the ground Bessie quickly crushed his throat with the heel of her boot, and relaxed . hurry child best we clean this mess before your mother returns home . i later learned that she had been a nun in the the     swinging sisterhood of lolo a religious order in protection of the king..

See it's easy to see why the OP needs his lantern to have stats....
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • YagaYaga Posts: 11
    edited August 2020
    Apparently, additional off hand magic items are not favorable to the community... <span>:smile:</span>  guess we will all just stick to shields even for casters without parry.  <span>:wink:</span>

Another thing I have wondered.. Why spell books could not be used in off hands... 

p.s: none of this is complaints, I love this game as is. These were just thoughts I have had for a long time