Cannot disturb own concentration for Mysticism, spellweaving, & chiv

MervynMervyn Posts: 2,109
edited August 2 in Bugs
As described, in game there are times when you will want to interrupt your own spell in order to cancel it (by setting off a trapped box) It seems you can't do this for spellweaving, chivalry, or Mysticism spells.(you can for necromancy and magery), not sure about ninjitsu.
I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

Comments

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,109
    edited August 21
    I should perhaps explain further,
    some spells take a long time to cast, especially spell weaving spells like word of death and essence of wind (especially if you don’t have faster casting 4) and you cast the spell and in that time a lot can happen, you may need to stop casting and heal someone. Or in the case of essence of wind which is not a target spell, quite often the target has moved out of range during the spell casting period so continuing the cast is a waste of time and mana. 

I have not experienced any issue with this for chivalry spells as they all have a fairly fast casting time. 

I imagine there may be some other work around to cancel a spell during casting that someone may know of. I’m interested to hear practical suggestions from players,
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,109
    Also for mysticism, if you start casting a new heal stone or spell trigger, and I see it.
    I could x field someone by the time they've finished casting.