New Player Skill Quest is stuck

harry_vieharry_vie Posts: 8
After canceling some of the New Player Skill Quests in the New Haven Magery School, I still cannot buy skills from the trainers. The UI was behaving in a weird way, when I tried to cancel one of those quests.
Now I have no single quest in my quest list, but the server still thinks, I am on a New Player Skill Quest, and when trying to buy a skill, it says "You may not purchase skill training while your character is on a new player skill quest".
 Calling for GMs did nothing, I waited for over 4 hours today and nobody answers.
What can I do now? I'd like to get rid of that bogus quest.
Ostard Express - Britannia's First Mail and Flower Delivery Service

Comments

• harry_vieharry_vie Posts: 8
    PS: I tried to finish another of those new player skill quests, in hopes it would reset things, but that did not help, either.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,987Moderator
    Do you have anything in your quest log? Both the one from the paper doll link, and the one from the character context link?
    I am using the classic client, so I don't have a context menu for the quest log.
    And no, I have not a single quest in that window.
    PS: I logged in several times already. I tried to finish another similar quest, with success. I was hoping that this might reset things, but unfortunately, I still have this "ghost quest" active. There was some weird UI glitch, when I canceled the quest initially (the window came and disappeard a few times), so I assume something went wrong server side.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,987Moderator
    :( it may re-set at server maintenance.
    Unfortunately not, this is the 2nd server down and the problem still persists. I think some staff will have to clear a flag or something.
    Will GM requests be cleared on server restart?
    A GM fixed the issue, case closed :)