Stones Song

Twice now while doing Invasions, I heard someone or something playing a simplified version of the "Stones" title song. Can anyone tell me what that was? It wasn't from Dawn's Music box; it sounded completely different from those versions (it had just 1 instrument playing - maybe guitar or harp? It was hard to tell).

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,052
    Lutes can be tuned to stones by doing the Jolly Roger quest.
    You need a medallion. Can tune all you can carry. I have hundreds.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Oh my gosh! I must do this. It was so lovely to hear during the invasion and made me happy. Time to research how to go about doing the quest.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    The quest is currently turned off
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    edited July 2020
    Seth said:
    No it is not.  You need any medallion and music notes.  The only thing you can not get right now is the Medallion. But, you can use any medallion.  You should play UO before you answer questions.

Since I did the quest right before I logged off my Character just said something that fits.

edited July 2020
    Oh my gosh! I must do this. It was so lovely to hear during the invasion and made me happy. Time to research how to go about doing the quest.

Here is the walk thru. https://www.uo-cah.com/pub-107/jolly-roger-quest-guide
    You only have to do 3 parts of the quest.
    You need to wear a medallion.  You can borrow someones. There's hundreds out there.
    Start at the shipwreck.  Then you need any Lute in your backpack and find Sherry the Mouse in Brit Castle.  Click the correct scales so you get the sheet Music. Then grab a bunch of exceptional Lutes and Lolos Lutes. Then go to the place near Compassion to make the Lutes play stones.  You have to do it at the right time for the Rooms to be undamaged.  Can do all the Lutes you can carry, then go back and do more.
    I thought the trap door:

You are looking for a Trap Door in the mountain pass. If you try to enter without your Fellowship Medallion, you will not be allowed to pass:

Pawain said:
    Seth said:
    No it is not.  You need any medallion and music notes.  The only thing you can not get right now is the Medallion. But, you can use any medallion.  You should play UO before you answer questions.

Since I did the quest right before I logged off my Character just said something that fits.

I mean the Jolly Roger quest which specifically mention only the Fellowship Medallion. If any other medallion also works and can access the trap door, then it is good. But the quest as per the webpage remains broken because we cannot get the Fellowship medallion as That quest is no longer available. Yeah ofcourse can borrow. I bought mine and played got almost 50% of the tabards.
    edited July 2020
    Sorry Seth, The name of the quest to get the Tuned loot is called the Jolly Roger Quest.

The medallion was from the Blackthorns Dungeon Mini Quest.

You can still get Tabards.  I have 3 complete sets. Hopefully we will do more on LS.  
    100 Magery will easily get you a Tabard on a brand new toon as long as you have a group.

When I say any medallion, I mean one that is unused or already transformed.
    Its ok, but the reason I posted was because I was hoping the Dev can reopen the blackthorn quest for others.

Its too late for me, as both myself and some returning friends missed it. In order to complete the JR quest, we have to purchase the medallion from others at very high cost. I got mine at 20million from another shard, but others are seeing prices as high as 80million.

Yes, agree that just a GM mage can get the tabard if there is a group to clear the spawns. It just needs to get looting rights.
    Since the next content is delayed until September, and they did not put the non Captain Mobs back in Blackthorns, they should have left the Mini Quest going along with the Fellowship items.