a quick question for the powers that be regarding a game mechanic

PooPoo Posts: 39
edited June 2020 in General Discussions
i have a quick question for the powers that be regarding a game mechanic.

years ago there was something added into the game to stop tamers from being hidden for hours on end and letting their pets just randomly kill everything in the dungeon and the hidden tamer get the drops.
they made it so that if you where hidden you would chance to get a drop was reduced to like 1%.

is that game mechanic still in effect?
if so what triggers it?
if you pop a quick invis to break agro on a mod will that trigger it?
or do you have to be invised when the mod dies?
how does it work.... IF it still is in there?

thanks for your time and help.
praise be upon the Dev's and their awesomeness.

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    *hands Poo a towel*  There's a  brown spot on your nose.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • PooPoo Posts: 39
    just look at your comment.
    its kinda a self fulfilling prophecy kinda comment.

• dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    Pawain said:
    *hands Poo a towel*  There's a  brown spot on your nose.
    They show appreciation for the people who maintain the game we all play and you hate on them for it. Great attitude. 
    Didn't they remove the Mobs in Blackthorns because people were afk there getting drops?
    Some were invised some were auto attacking.  

• KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,110Dev
    Yes.
    this was before blackthorn.
    for some reason i can remember i was down in the bottom of Hyloth when this change came into effect.
    farming Daemons.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Kyronix said:
    Yes.
    @Kyronix

Yes as to what ?

To my understanding, the OP was asking :

1) - If that mechanics is still operative which supposedly the "yes" might refer to...

AND

2) - How it works in the sense of what triggers the lower chance at a drop.

Everyone knows that often a tamer needs, for one reason or another, to have to get inviso whether to stop being aggravated and have the mobs focus on the pet to then be able to heal the pet and direct its targeting and all that.

And this, can happen VERY frequently during a hunt. But really VERY frequently.

So, it would be beneficial to know whether this "mechanics" is time based, like, for it to trigger, it depends on how "long" overall, as compared to the length of the fight, the tamer goes into invisibility mode, or whether just 1 inviso to stop an aggro would all of a sudden drop the Tamer's chances at a drop to 1% only or in whatever way this might work and get triggered.

I would add, a 3rd question, though, is it a mechanics that ONLY applies to Tamers or does "any" Template that goes into hiding, however it is handled, all of a sudden can see their chances at a drop be lowered to 1% ?

This could explain also, why many players have a perception that dexers, who hardly go into hiding, may seem to have a higher drop rate as compared to other Templates, ranged characters included....
    Not going to get into the specifics of how it works, sorry.
    thats totally cool and understandable, people will abuse a system if they know the in's and outs of it.
    but just to confirm that this system IS still on, yes?
    i ask because it seems like a lot of the player base dont know this is a thing.
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    That's because it's not a thing. A majority of the Tokuno drops were given to tamers that were hidden 99% of the time while their Cu's worked almost 24/7.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
    @Poo - yes it is a thing, it's something we are aware of and look to further improve in the coming implementation of our Dynamic Treasures of... system that's coming in Publish 109.
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,797
    Kyronix said:
    @ Poo - yes it is a thing, it's something we are aware of and look to further improve in the coming implementation of our Dynamic Treasures of... system that's coming in Publish 109.
    Just call it Treasures of Britannia and then do a hyphen for the event. ie Treasures of Britannia - Doom, Treasures of Britannia - The fall of Luna and so on.
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

Nice. Playing while hidden or invised would lose any fun in 10 seconds for me.
    Poor popps will never get drops.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    now we get to hear the question asked over and over always ignoring the answer already given also IBTL..
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,312
    Just curious so if your tamer goes invisible to break argo does that remove your drop chance even if it’s just for a few seconds only ? 
  • quickbladequickblade Posts: 291
    edited June 2020
    Guys this was put in the game like YEARS ago, let me rewind in the past :

''Update 1 Publish 47

On October 3, 2007, the following was published:

• You will get less credit towards the new dungeon drops if you are hidden when the monster you are fighting dies.''

When the monster dies.... it was put in the game for the 10th anniversary dungeon drops ( katrina crook, jaanas staff etc https://www.uoguide.com/Publish_47 )
    I'm pretty sure they spreaded this rule to alot more content with any kind of drops involved
    It is also interesting to see that there is a max range of 16 tiles associated with drops :

''You will get no credit if you are more than 16 tiles away from the monster when it dies.''

I think that is fair.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    Guys this was put in the game like YEARS ago, let me rewind in the past :

''Update 1 Publish 47

On October 3, 2007, the following was published:

• You will get less credit towards the new dungeon drops if you are hidden when the monster you are fighting dies.''

When the monster dies.... this was for the new covetous revamp with the new drops hephasteus etc
    I'm pretty sure they spreaded this rule to alot more content with any kind of drops involved

Thank You!  I've been looking for that.
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    I still don't believe it, the people who stayed hidden while their pets did all of the work bragged daily in GC about the number of this and the number of that, that they had gotten. I don't care either way, doesn't hurt my feelings one bit, but to say there's a limiter in place for hidden is an impossible pill to swallow.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • quickbladequickblade Posts: 291
    edited June 2020
    they just mentions less drop , if you have a 2% chance of a drop it could be 1% while hidden , it wont make a huge diff on short term , but technically it is still 2x less drop

I just dont get why they won't tell us any numbers, like it would change anything... once again the silence of the devs and hidden formulas , nothing new in this game
    thanks for the help @Kyronix
  • MissEMissE Posts: 776
    edited July 2020
    If I invest 100 points in hiding and more in stealth, I actually expect to be able to USE those skills not get them nerfed because others don't have them. The points expended on those skills do ONE thing only and do not let you do anything else. 

I don't 'auto' attack like sampires and archers who sit attacking, attacking, attacking with the person being afk and then come on forum asking that all sampires and archers don't get drops as they 'may' be afk. 

If I am hidden but still moving I shouldn't be penalized. If I am hidden and do not move for more than 30 mins then sure,  penalize away.

The nerf they did in blackthorns by univising and unhiding people was the biggest pain in the ass, if they don't want you to 'use' skills and spells and abilities then MOVE them out of the game, stop nerfing stuff due to the whiners.

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    edited July 2020
    MissE said:
    If I invest 100 points in hiding and more in stealth, I actually expect to be able to USE those skills not get them nerfed because others don't have them. The points expended on those skills do ONE thing only and do not let you do anything else. 

I don't 'auto' attack like sampires and archers who sit attacking, attacking, attacking with the person being afk and then come on forum asking that all sampires and archers don't get drops as they 'may' be afk. 

If I am hidden but still moving I shouldn't be penalized. If I am hidden and do not move for more than 30 mins then sure,  penalize away.

The nerf they did in blackthorns by univising and unhiding people was the biggest pain in the ass, if they don't want you to 'use' still and spells and abilities then MOVE them out of the game, stop nerfing stuff due to the whiners.
    That is actually a VERY good point....

@Kyronix , if you are looking at ways to "further improve in the coming implementation of our Dynamic Treasures of... system that's coming in Publish 109 "you might want to well keep in mind the heavy investment in skill points which some players make on their Templates with Hiding and Stealthing...

I mean, say that one Template was to go with 100 Hiding + 120 Stealth, that is 220 skill points out of the 720 total available... that is about ONE THIRD of the available skill points going away into Hiding and Stealthing.... it is not possible to nerf the hell out of Templates who invest so many skill points in Hiding and Stealthing, me thinks....

The nerf they did in blackthorns by univising and unhiding people was the biggest pain in the ass, if they don't want you to 'use' still and spells and abilities then MOVE them out of the game, stop nerfing stuff due to the whiners.
    Indeed, @Kyronix , if you guys do not want players to use Hiding and Stealthing just take those skills out of the game, entirely, but nerfing them when they can be so much a HIGH investment of skill points into a Template seems not right to me.....

This, especially because a whole lot of players are not aware of the "fine tunings" to game mechanics which over time are done and often, a lot of players put skills on their Templates "thinking" to get some good out of their usage, but then, instead, get their gameplay greatly hurt because the usage of those skills often brings attacked some heavy penalties which are not even "that" much visible or evident let alone "known about"....

If you guys do not want players to use Hiding and Stealthing, just say it flat out and everyone will make a Sampire or variations of it, and be done with it, rather then think out some creative way to use skills which then bring on more penalties then good attached to them....