Pet only powerscrolls

ok so here it goes lol... i hate Fel...hate. Fel....    u have people using ghost cams and unless your in a large guild trying to get power scrolls is just a headache.  I have nothing against PvP, but im not a Pvper. Im a trammie that is forced to go to Fel every so often to try and get scrolls for my pets because i cant afford 80mil per tactics scroll per pet.  Seems like every time i try to go do a spawn, im killed as soon as i pop an idol. I usually throw my hands up, say its not worth the headache and then my pet sits in the stable and i get bored with uo ,end up turning it off and just going outside.   There seems to be no balance for the trammel players when it comes to powerscrolls.  I dont want to control massive amounts of gold through farming scrolls, i just want to be able to do something that i enjoy doing on UO when i have the time to do it. and that is working up my pets.  would it be possible to make the non fel spawns drop pet only powerscrolls?  Then anyone wanting to enjoy their time in game working a pet would be able to farm the scrolls they need to do it.  i dont care if the scrolls are shard bound, i dont care if their character bound. id just like to be able to do what i like to do in game in the very limited time i have to get on there without having to deal with the frustration.      what do yall think?
«134567

Comments

  • SkettSkett Posts: 427
    I’m sure if you did a pole you find most players would like pet scrolls added to tram. It been asked for over and over and over. 
    But here you will have those that don’t want them screaming the loudest and will be in favor of the path that was taken know matter what. Those few will win against the majority. 

    Bash away 
  • XrisXris Posts: 130
    Honestly I was one who was against this for a long time. Its basically the last thing you can PK someone for that has value. But now since pvp is mostly battling someone's computer, I say just do it. I'll pvp on other games, UOs famous pvp days are behind them.
  • NorryNorry Posts: 481
    You can t-hunt and get scrolls.
    Not 120's, but you can knock out 3-4 chests in the time it takes do do a spawn. Even with a protector, you may only get 110s from a spawn.

    Scroll binders are the next step.

    There is a LARGE portion of the population that loves pvp,  so with tmaps giving scrolls now, i say leave champs as they are.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 6,014
    This is not PvP. They do not wait until you get to the boss. They pk you during the spawn then run around hoping to res kill you. When you leave they leave.
    It's just a player that likes to harass other players.  It should not be a playstyle in 2020s UO.
  • XrisXris Posts: 130
    Norry said:
    You can t-hunt and get scrolls.
    Not 120's, but you can knock out 3-4 chests in the time it takes do do a spawn. Even with a protector, you may only get 110s from a spawn.

    Scroll binders are the next step.

    There is a LARGE portion of the population that loves pvp,  so with tmaps giving scrolls now, i say leave champs as they are.

    It's a very small portion that loves pvp (especially the way it is now). The number of people pvping is a shell of what it used to be. You'd be lucky at peak playtime on atl to find 20-30 people pvping.
  • TimTim Posts: 686
    I've felt that pet-Power scrolls should be available in Tram since they started letting us use them on pets. But I've come to the feeling that what they should do is give the players more options. (I'll try to keep this short)
    • All pets should come with a chance of being over skilled. Each skill between 100 and 120 when created or skill added. RNG weighted towards 105 or 110
    • An extremely low chance of getting over 120. Lower that the odds of getting a blaze Cu Sidhe
    • Skills are ALL reset to 100 if a player decides to add ANY power scroll. Only the first scroll of course with something on pet lore to show it has been triggered to prevent fraud. 
    • Pets that now come over skilled have that skill not subject to reset.
    This would give players a reason to keep taming. If they want to spend the money to just scroll it up they can or they can keep trying to get better numbers as well as that cute color.

    I'm not going to get into the "force us into Fel" argument other than to say nothing in the game pisses me off more.
  • NorryNorry Posts: 481
    You are not forced in anyway. Your pets will do ok at gm skills, and will be great with 110s.

    Most of my pets havent eaten scrolls. You are not forced to have the best of the best, its a mindset.

    And like i said, you could takr the long route and use scroll binders. Even just binding 105s, you may get a 120 before doing a spawn.

    Its lart of the grind to keep us here.

    And most spawns, yeah they kill ya till you leave, then come back with pvm toons so they can do the spawn.

    But you go to fel, you consent that outside of guard zones, you can be attacked.
  • Norry said:
    You are not forced in anyway. Your pets will do ok at gm skills, and will be great with 110s.

    Most of my pets havent eaten scrolls. You are not forced to have the best of the best, its a mindset.

    And like i said, you could takr the long route and use scroll binders. Even just binding 105s, you may get a 120 before doing a spawn.

    Its lart of the grind to keep us here.

    And most spawns, yeah they kill ya till you leave, then come back with pvm toons so they can do the spawn.

    But you go to fel, you consent that outside of guard zones, you can be attacked.

    that is exactly why some option needs to be made available to people who chose to opt out of fel. if these hard core "pvp'ers"  had any kind of ass they would play all fel shards......   but they dont, they just like to harass people like me who are just trying to do something in this game that i dont need a full party of people to do.  this is why i dont play wow, anything worth doing you need a group. i play UO so i can have the freedom of coming and going as i please.  Guilds have owned these spawns since like day 8 of powerscrolls being released, they have made enough gold to live comfortably for 10 uo lifetimes. i jus want to build the pets i want to build because that is the gameplay i enjoy doing. i can go train when i have time and if my baby wakes up i can recall out , no biggie.  these people arent pvp'ing as was stated above. i have no desire to fight them, i dont know how to pvp, i dont want to know how to pvp. all i want to do is get a scroll and work a pet. i should be able to do that even if i choose to not go to fel.  my pets i can use to make gold to buy scrolls for my toons off the people who do the fel spawns. they still win, and thats fine  but u dont have players getting so annoyed that they just throw their hands up and walk away from uo because its just not worth the aggravation.   hell throw pet scrolls in ranger t maps , i dont care where they come from i just dont want to be forced to go to fel to get a chance at them.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 6,014
    edited June 2020
    Let the players decide.  Put a toggle for PvP. Consenual PvP.  If a blue is doing a spawn the red can use protection and get scrolls. Or some others may choose to fight. 
  • jelinidasjelinidas Posts: 324
    105s and 110s are available via treasure hunting in fel. I have NEVER been raided treasure hunting, although I do avoid certain areas. 105s and 110s can be bound up. A scrolled pet 110 or 115 kills crap just fine. 120 pets are more vanity in my opinion. Yes, some pets should be scrolled to 120, but not most. In fact, I see a lot of pets that have no business being scrolled to 120!

    Leave the champ spawns alone. Let the PvP crowd have a carrot. If ya must get/have the 120s, hit a small shard and farm away, transfer them back to your home shard. Have ya ever done a champ spawn? Its not like the 120s just fall by the dozens! It takes work. No easy button!

    That's how I see it.
    That's how I understand it.
    Blah blah blah in my opinion...
  • I have to disagree here. There aren't many things unique to fel. I do agree that prices on scrolls and pretty much everything is way too high.

    If you can't afford a scroll, try farming stuff to sell until you can afford it. As others have mentioned, t-maps are also a decent source for 110s.
  • ezikelezikel Posts: 87
    keep the scroll like this.its the last valuable things in fel .you can farm everythings to make gold and just buy it. and if you really want to do it ,you still able to go farm it  in t2a or abyss.
    if you go there blue most of the pvp guild are not going to raid you .
  • TimTim Posts: 686
    Pawain said:
    Let the players decide.  Put a toggle for PvP. Consenual PvP.  If a blue is doing a spawn the red can use protection and get scrolls. Or some others may choose to fight. 
    Definitely a win win for the PVPer. He/She gets power scrolls for activating protection and going back to trash talking on chat or playing solitaire. And you thought we had a problem with ghost cams/macros  before.

    If the suggestion was toggle set to no PvP then a lower return on Power scrolls maybe. But it still doesn't answer the question "Why do we have to deal with PvPer if we don't want to?"
  • PawainPawain Posts: 6,014
    jelinidas said:
    105s and 110s are available via treasure hunting in fel. I have NEVER been raided treasure hunting, although I do avoid certain areas. 105s and 110s can be bound up. A scrolled pet 110 or 115 kills crap just fine. 120 pets are more vanity in my opinion. Yes, some pets should be scrolled to 120, but not most. In fact, I see a lot of pets that have no business being scrolled to 120!

    Leave the champ spawns alone. Let the PvP crowd have a carrot. If ya must get/have the 120s, hit a small shard and farm away, transfer them back to your home shard. Have ya ever done a champ spawn? Its not like the 120s just fall by the dozens! It takes work. No easy button!

    That's how I see it.
    That's how I understand it.
    Blah blah blah in my opinion...

    The PvPs that we see do not do spawns.  They just PK you in the middle of the spawn and leave after.  If so called PvPs want to help with the spawn and boss, nothing is stopping them. You should be for the button if there really are PvPers in UO.
  • NorryNorry Posts: 481
    Again, you can do tmaps for scrolls. Again, binding 105s and 110s to get a 120 may be faster than spawning for said 120.

    You want items from content with less danger. Should they drop them from roof?

    Pet only scrolls would stop half the population from doing spawns. This keeps PS used, and keeps content used.

    So, i understand you may be frustrated, but there are templates that can pvp, and do spawns.
    You can also farm content for items to sell to buy scrolls.

    You can mine and sell ingots.
    Just not the way you want.
  • TimTim Posts: 686
    Who said anything about "less danger" or easier? We just don't want to play Fel and have to deal with PKs, Ghost Cams, Players Macroing, running illegal "helper programs" and all the rest hiding behind the real Consensual PvPers. For example I enjoy doing T-Maps but I don't enjoy doing them while watching over my shoulder for some A hole PKer.

    If you are a real PvPer you don't need to force me to play with you.

    An offer of making the champ spawns twice as hard in Tram for the same rewards as Fel would be met with a resounding Hell Yes.


  • jelinidasjelinidas Posts: 324
    Tim said:
     For example I enjoy doing T-Maps but I don't enjoy doing them while watching over my shoulder for some A hole PKer.


    Have you ever been PKd doing a map? I mean if your doing one at the Yew fel gate, then yeah. But come on. the reds are not running ghost cams looking for treasure hunters. Im not even sure I have seen anyone ever doing a fel map! 
  • poppspopps Posts: 2,926
    ok so here it goes lol... i hate Fel...hate. Fel....    u have people using ghost cams and unless your in a large guild trying to get power scrolls is just a headache.  I have nothing against PvP, but im not a Pvper. Im a trammie that is forced to go to Fel every so often to try and get scrolls for my pets because i cant afford 80mil per tactics scroll per pet.  Seems like every time i try to go do a spawn, im killed as soon as i pop an idol. I usually throw my hands up, say its not worth the headache and then my pet sits in the stable and i get bored with uo ,end up turning it off and just going outside.   There seems to be no balance for the trammel players when it comes to powerscrolls.  I dont want to control massive amounts of gold through farming scrolls, i just want to be able to do something that i enjoy doing on UO when i have the time to do it. and that is working up my pets.  would it be possible to make the non fel spawns drop pet only powerscrolls?  Then anyone wanting to enjoy their time in game working a pet would be able to farm the scrolls they need to do it.  i dont care if the scrolls are shard bound, i dont care if their character bound. id just like to be able to do what i like to do in game in the very limited time i have to get on there without having to deal with the frustration.      what do yall think?
    Unfortunately, it looks like it has not yet been figured out how this status of things may have lost players (and paid subscriptions) to Ultima Online....

    I mean, as you well pointed out, players have the need for Powerscrolls and, yet, unless the get into some guild (mind you, in those Shards where there is enough players to form a few Guilds...) and thus try hunting as a group those Powerscrolls, for a Solo player it becomes hardly possible to get one's own powerscrolls especially on those Shards where spawns might be monitored by AFK, scripted Ghost Cams or Hidden EJ Cams...

    As soon as activity is reported there, the AFK Cam rings a bell to those in the wait who raid the player.

    And what do these player other only option becomes at that point if they are unable to get their Powerscrolls on their own ?

    They need to spend countless hours doing repetitive farming for gold in order to be able to buy Powerscrolls which a handfull of players holding a Monopoly asks outrageous prices for.

    And this mindless, repetitive grinding to get the gold needed to buy Powerscrolls at outrageous prices (because of the Monopoly that only a handfull of players have, thanking to wrong, IMHO, game mechanics), in many cases gets players to have enough, they close their account and stop their subscription those losing revenues to Ultima Online.

    Sure, last year the Developers added Powerscrolls to Treasure Chests unfortunately, they are only up to 110 powerscrolls.... and they are not "that" frequent to be found in chests, not at least in a nmber significative enough to be of any realistic help as an alternative source for 120s as compared to Champion Spawns....

    In order to get a single 120 from 110 through binding, some 12 x 10 = 120 110s are needed.

    And, mind you, that would not be 110 Treasure Chests because, of course, they not always yield the same skill powerscroll.... so, for example, in the case of a Tactics 120 that is needed, maybe 1 in 20 (if even) Treasure chest might have a 110 Tactics.

    So, that means that to get a 120 Tactics, it would not be unthinkable that one might have to do some 120 x 20 = 2,400 Treasure Maps....

    Aside from the mnstrous grinding that this might be, as well as the huge time invested into digging 2,400 Treasure Maps to find 120 Tactics 110s to bind into a Tactics 120, there is "also" the ittle detail to actually "obtain" 2,400 Treasure Maps to then be able to dig them up....

    AND, on top of that, to get a Tactics one would necessarily have to only use Warriors Cache, Hoard or Trove Maps which would make the grinding to find 2,400 Treasure Maps of that specific type a monstrous task...

    No wonder then, that players burnt out by such enormous amount of grinding necessary to get 120s would prefer to just quit playing Ultima Online althougether and go play some other game out there with much less grinding and more fun....

    Monopolies are BAD, bad in real life where Anti-Trust Governmental Agencies monitor all the time to stop those Monopolies and break them up, and they ALSO are, to my opinion, really bad in a virtual game's economy for the same reasons that they are bad in real life....

    Monopolies, to my opinion, should be fought against, not promoted with game mechanics and Design....

    And no, as I well explained, adding 110s to Treasure Maps was NOT ENOUGH, to my opinion,to break such a monopoly as way too many 110s are needed to make a 120...

    If the Powerscrolls Monopoly had to be broken and stopped, then at least 115s shoulddd have had to be added to Treasure Maps, and be quite also frequent to be found....

    That is at least how I see it.
  • XrisXris Posts: 130
    Obviously atl is riddled with ghost cams, and people checking spawns. I dont have shard shields, so I buy 2 xfers from VS, go to origin (or some other shard with no people) run piper till I get all the scrolls I need for my other toons, then transfer back. I've met 1 red on origin and he helped me with spawn..... that's the easiest way to get all your scrolls for free (you could sell on VS to recoup your xfer cost). 
  • poppspopps Posts: 2,926
    Skett said:
    I’m sure if you did a pole you find most players would like pet scrolls added to tram. It been asked for over and over and over. 
    But here you will have those that don’t want them screaming the loudest and will be in favor of the path that was taken know matter what. Those few will win against the majority. 

    Bash away 
    The real question to be asked, to my opinion, is whether the ending Balance from adding Powerscrolls to Trammel would be more in favour to increasing or decreasing Ultima Online's players' base and paying customers....

    I am convinced that the Monopoly of Powerscrolls in the end of a few has lost way, but way more PvM players (and paying customers) over the Years discouraged by the outrageous amount of grinding necessary to "buy" the Powerscrolls which they could not get by themselves because of the outrageous high prices resulting from the Monopoly and cornering of the market from those few who actually get them as it would cost if Powerscrolls where to be added to Trammel....

    Think about it for your own Shard.... how many players are known to actually be the ones who farm the powerscrolls ? You will come up with only a limites number of players, most likely....

    Then think, of all those players on your Shard who have to grind an enormous amount of time to put together the gold needed to buy those scrolls, considering their outrageous prices due to the Monopoly....

    There you go, the current status quo for Powerscrolls helps very few and screws very many players....

    Now, if a sufficient amount of players among those very many gotten screwed get fed up by all the grinding they need to do in order to make the gold to buy those Powerscrolls from those few, there you get way more PvMers quitting playing UO over this as how many PvPers would quit over seeing Powerscrolls added to Trammel....

    So, my take and opinion is, that the current status of things with Powerscrolls only available in Felucca actually hurts Ultima Online and its capacity to keep a larger players base and thus revenues and th game, overall, would see more players, to my opinion, if Powerscrolls were to be obtainable in Trammel and thus the Monopoly for then got finally broken.

    At least, that is my opinion of it.
  • poppspopps Posts: 2,926
    Pawain said:
    This is not PvP. They do not wait until you get to the boss. They pk you during the spawn then run around hoping to res kill you. When you leave they leave.
    It's just a player that likes to harass other players.  It should not be a playstyle in 2020s UO.
    I totally agree.

    That is NOT PvP, it is only griefing gameplay, to my opinion.

    Not to mention, that as it is known, Ghost Cams or Hidden EJs Cams can be used, possibly also AFK and scripted (which is against the TOS, to my understanding), to monitor activity at a spawn to then raid it with extremely low investment of time and effort to do it.

    Some of these Raiders do not even spend their in game time to find their targets.... they just have a scripted BOT doing the work for them while they do else and only show up when the Boss spawns to Raid the spawn and take the scrolls from the player who dared trying to work that spawn....

    As you well pointed out, I agree that this is not PvP by no means and that it should not be a playstyle in 2020 Ultima Online.

    @Bleak , @Kyronix ; , what is your opinion as Developers of Ultima Online about this issue, out of curiosity ?
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 700
    This is a multiplayer game. Not single player. No account was ever meant to be 100% self sufficient avoiding all contact or transactions with fellow players.  Fel literally has just powerscrolls and stat scrolls. 

    That being said, the pet revamp should have included pet only scrolls available everywhere. Spawns, high end tmaps, roof, peerless everywhere. 


  • SkettSkett Posts: 427
    Your forgetting the main reason why this will never change...

    RMT 

    “It’s not what you know it’s who you know” 
  • NorryNorry Posts: 481
    You also assuming you get 120s every run. I am lucky to get 115's doing spawns. But most of the time i get 110's.

    You can buy 110's for 20-40k on atl.
    Those are gotten most often.
    If you play anywhere other than atl, you will not be pked doing tmaps.

    I tried to offer other ideas, and ways for you to get scrolls or money to buy them. It is not hard.
    Just farming fan dancers you could make 500 mil+ a day.

    Leave the carrot where it is, and go for the dip.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 6,014
    Xris said:
    Obviously atl is riddled with ghost cams, and people checking spawns. I dont have shard shields, so I buy 2 xfers from VS, go to origin (or some other shard with no people) run piper till I get all the scrolls I need for my other toons, then transfer back. I've met 1 red on origin and he helped me with spawn..... that's the easiest way to get all your scrolls for free (you could sell on VS to recoup your xfer cost). 
    I have 100s of pets and they are all hungry.  Their hunger never ends.  My pets eat scrolls I don't sell them.

    Why do yall fear consensual PvP?  Not enough players actually want to PvP maybe? 
  • XrisXris Posts: 130
    Pawain said:
    Xris said:
    Obviously atl is riddled with ghost cams, and people checking spawns. I dont have shard shields, so I buy 2 xfers from VS, go to origin (or some other shard with no people) run piper till I get all the scrolls I need for my other toons, then transfer back. I've met 1 red on origin and he helped me with spawn..... that's the easiest way to get all your scrolls for free (you could sell on VS to recoup your xfer cost). 
    I have 100s of pets and they are all hungry.  Their hunger never ends.  My pets eat scrolls I don't sell them.

    Why do yall fear consensual PvP?  Not enough players actually want to PvP maybe? 

    UO has had non consensual pvp for 20 years+ years. It's time to accept the risk to go to fel :P. Most of the problems of the OP could be solved by transferring and getting scrolls, bringing more people to spawn with you, or just buying them. Not quite sure why the dev's are taking no action on ghost cams. That's odd, and almost insulting. It's been a problem, it was brought up a long time ago, and theres no fix in sight.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,430
    jelinidas said:
    Tim said:
     For example I enjoy doing T-Maps but I don't enjoy doing them while watching over my shoulder for some A hole PKer.


    Have you ever been PKd doing a map? I mean if your doing one at the Yew fel gate, then yeah. But come on. the reds are not running ghost cams looking for treasure hunters. Im not even sure I have seen anyone ever doing a fel map! 
    Before the tmap revamp I had a few people try to PK me when I was doing chests in Fel. Which was why I created a hotkey macro to recall home.

    I've also been PK'ed while mining in Fel. He even killed my packies. 
  • SkettSkett Posts: 427
    Lumberjack and mining been killed many many times and I always go naked lol and they still kill you. Truly twisted individuals out there. 
  • Bring back the guaranteed, shard-bound 120s from the Khal Ankur spawn in Fel Khaldun. Most PvP builds would struggle to complete that spawn, and they'd have to bring some Sampires. That way, you'd be able to buy 120 PS on lesser populated shards (otherwise all the 120s get ferreted away to Atlantic).
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 474
    Pawain said:
    Let the players decide.  Put a toggle for PvP. Consenual PvP.  If a blue is doing a spawn the red can use protection and get scrolls. Or some others may choose to fight. 

     that "toggle" essentially exists already, you turn it off upon entering Felucca.

    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
This discussion has been closed.