Despise - Trammel

Ok, last time I attempted this encounter was back when it was first introduced.  

So decided to dust it off and give it another go.  

Attempt 1
So to rework the mechanic and to just get a feel for it I took my three accounts, trained up a pet to level 15 on each of them.

Once ready, I partied the three up, right clicked the wisp orb in pack and selected conscript on all three chars.

On the first char, nothing really happened, on the second and third i got a message, so clicked again on the first still no message. 

Of those three chars only 2 went into the encounter, the second two, the first just sat outside the whole time with its pet. 

Attempt 2

So OK,  got a mate, I had my three chars, he had one.   We party up, again, click the orb to conscript, only this time only 2 of the 4 chars went in.   The first two chars, one of mine and my mates didn't get the message on first try to conscript, the other two did.  They went in, we sat outside re conscripting the orb and even though the message came and said we would go in 60 seconds we sat twiddling our thumbs.  So nothing we did after that would take us in, even when the other two chars died a grim death and were ejected, we sat with our trained pets until we left the dungeon.

Attempt 3

Ok again, I tried with my three accounts, same as before got three pets to level 15, partied, clicked orb and first one didnt get message, second two did, I think tried again and first one got message to say enounter would begin in 60 seconds and although all three had the message only the second two went in.  In this case the power on the army was 675 on each three chars.  I continued with the two that were in, and after andros was at 80% one char died to the wisp and was booted.  I persisted with the last char and got it down to 32% then got booted as the time ran out.

What on earth is wrong with this?  How do  you manage to get your whole party in?  Is there some trick to actually getting enough ppl in there.  In each case it seems it only let in 2 chars.   I know you should be able to take in more and have no idea why it is doing this.  The only option you have is to right click the orb and select conscript, it is not like you can do anything else.

Any ideas?

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum

Comments

• MargeMarge Posts: 720
    Hmm been a while since I did this but I don't remember partying up for it. We just trained up the pets and when everyone was ready we'd hit conscript and we all made it through.

Might have to try it again this week.
  • psychopsycho Posts: 284
    Been a while since I was there last time, bur I remember what happend.

One attempt I timed out due to time
    Second attempt my pet ran out of arrows

No idea how people intend to do this encounter with melee pets they just seem too weak to meelee the boss.  I think this encounter needs abit of rework, but its a nice encounter, alitle different than rest of the content.

• King_GregKing_Greg Posts: 248
    Isn't there two separate bosses based on Karma alignment. 
  • MissEMissE Posts: 776
    King_Greg said:
    Isn't there two separate bosses based on Karma alignment. 

Yeah but we are all positive karma

Last couple of times we have gone in all chars made it. It seems when the first one conscripts you MUST see the message, if not fiddle around until you do, even if it means going and fighting another mob with your pet, once your first char gets the message the power level on the orb wisp will show 170 or something, then when the second char conscripts and gets the message then that power level will increase and ditto for all other people. Each additional player the power level will go up.

The whole thing is flakey and no idea whose bright idea it was to set it up like this.

The other stupid thing is once  you are in there if  you die it insta boots you out even if your pet is still being healed by party members and you are able to get a rez.  It should leave you in there if  your pet is still alive.  Similar to shadowguard where as long as one player is alive to rez then the instance continues. 

Poor Design

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    I tried to do that one time, the whole thing felt dumb and poorly planned, haven't been back since.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    I tried to do that one time, the whole thing felt dumb and poorly planned, haven't been back since.

Yeah I was underwhelmed by it all, too.  ruined a good dungeon for that too...woulda made more sense to make that part of the anniversary or holiday events, since people seem to like them being complicated and overthought.