Looking to have high end custom PVM suit made.

2»

Comments

  • zimazima Posts: 54
    Same suit, yada yada.... But what I don't see is enhancing the gloves. I tookrtook high resists legendary gloves, and enhanced them with valorite. With just that piece, and the arti sdi, I'm at all 70 except poison. 
  • ArchangelArchangel Posts: 37
    Returning after many years away, my approach was also to drop Pendant of the Magi, and thanks to that am well above 70s in everything, even in reaper form. The pieces are the same that have been mentioned here, and My book is only 46SDI.
    Running Magery 120 (15 from jewel)
    Eval 120
    Med 95
    Spellweaving 120  (use its mastery)
    Inscription 100
    Poison 80
    Resist Spells 105 (w jewel). 

    How does it look to the experts?




  • SethSeth Posts: 1,437
    This looks like a PVP template to me with Poison and Resist. Since I have retired from UO PVP (rather play other game for PVP), so I will not go there.

    If it is a SDI mage in PVM and non-solo situation (e.g. invasion, EM events, etc), this is my opinion:
    1) No need for Resist, poison.
    2) Mystic + Focus instead, both 120

    I prefer 120 Focus and 120 Med over 100 inscription, so that I can continuously dump spells on the bosses without interruption, and including WOD.

    Even at 120 Focus and 120 Med, I ran out of mana by the time their HP reaches 35% for WOD.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it
  • ArchangelArchangel Posts: 37
    edited July 2020
    Seth said:
    This looks like a PVP template to me with Poison and Resist. Since I have retired from UO PVP (rather play other game for PVP), so I will not go there.

    If it is a SDI mage in PVM and non-solo situation (e.g. invasion, EM events, etc), this is my opinion:
    1) No need for Resist, poison.
    2) Mystic + Focus instead, both 120

    I prefer 120 Focus and 120 Med over 100 inscription, so that I can continuously dump spells on the bosses without interruption, and including WOD.

    Even at 120 Focus and 120 Med, I ran out of mana by the time their HP reaches 35% for WOD.
    Thanks for your answer Seth.
    You do make a good point! (although I love to see orcs and liutenants spassming uncontrollably in pain, hehehe)
     I'll stone-swap the skills and see what kind of jewels I can find to try this template out , but will have to train Mystic cuz I've never used it.
    So here the question would be, what does Mysticism bring to the table, what spells do you use from it?
  • SethSeth Posts: 1,437
    In my opinion there are many good spells but I use Mystic for the following:
    Cleansing Wind - one spell to cure poison, lift curses, and heal a target.
    Rising Colossus - My tank, i believe it has the strongest attack for a summon
    Spell Plague
    Bombard
    Hail Storm - area cold damage (Magery has area energy, physical and fire damage, missing the cold)
    Sometimes I use Nether Cyclone.

    There are times when I swap Mystic+Focus with Taming and Lore, e.g. Invasion because summons (Rising Colossus) won't work in city.

    Others like to use Stone Form.

    It is quite popular for events.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it
  • ArchangelArchangel Posts: 37
    Thanks again! I guess I'll learn my favorites trying to level up the skill. I just hope it doesn't take forever, hahaha!
  • poppspopps Posts: 2,522
    edited October 2020
    Archangel said:
    Returning after many years away, my approach was also to drop Pendant of the Magi, and thanks to that am well above 70s in everything, even in reaper form. The pieces are the same that have been mentioned here, and My book is only 46SDI.
    Running Magery 120 (15 from jewel)
    Eval 120
    Med 95
    Spellweaving 120  (use its mastery)
    Inscription 100
    Poison 80
    Resist Spells 105 (w jewel). 

    How does it look to the experts?




    @Archangel ;

    out of curiosity, what is the interface that you are using to display those stats ?

    The reason that I am asking, is that I am using the Enhanced Client with Pinco and it looks different to me, for example, my Character Sheet, not only uses different icons but, among others, does not Display the Strength Bonus, Dexterity Bonus, Intelligence Bonus or Hit Point increase, Stamina increase, Mana increase and so forth that I see as shown in your pictures....

    Furthermore, yours is called "Equipment Stats", mine is called "Character sheet"....
  • poppspopps Posts: 2,522
    OK after a lot of work here is where I ended up. 

    Head:                    The Scholar’s Halo

    Ears:                      Nocturne Earings

    Neck:                    Pendant of The Magi

    Chest:                   Protector of the Battle Mage

    Arms:                    Cuffs of the Archmage

    Legs:                      Enchanted Kelp Woven Leggings

    Feet:                      Minx’s Sandals

    Hands:                  Mystic Gloves of Defense Int +6 MI +6 MR +1 luck 40 PR 30 FR 5 CR 24 PR 9 ER 21

    Shield:                  Arcane Chaos Shield of Sorcery Soul Charge 30% Spell Channeling INT +5 MI 5 MR 4 LMC 5 PR 5 CR 3 PR 4 ER 1

    Ring:                      Crystalline Ring

    Bracelet:              Vicious Bracelet of Wizardry Magery +15 SDI +18 FCR 3 Poison Resist 11

    Tali:                        Wizard’s Curio

    Cloak:                    Jumu’s Sacred Hide

    Robe:                    Hawkwind’s Robe

    Sash:                     Lieutenant of the Britannian Royal Guard

    Waist:                  Tangle

    Spellbook:           Invasion 50% SDI

    STR 125                 Total 294                              Focus 120                             Total 785

    DEX 19                                                                Inscription 100                                  

    INT 150                                                                Evaluate Intelligence 120

                                                                                 Magery  120

                                                                                 Meditation  85

                                                                                 Mysticism 120

                                                                                 Spellweaving 120

    212 SDI total with Reaper Form and Arcane Empowerment

    Last steps I would like to add another +15 meditation to the ring, 5% LRC so I could change the sandals to detective boots, and the 11% Poison Resist off the ring to make room for the Meditation. 

    Tested the suit this morning seems like plenty of casting power and WoD hit for 937
    @Lord_Nabin ;

    what is that you are using to display those stats ?

    From the Buff icon visible below as well as the game Graphics visible through the transparency, I gather that you are using the Classic Client.

    How can you get all those Stats informations using the Classic Client ? Using what ?

    Also, how did you get that "transparency effect" to have them show the Graphics background below through them ?

    Thanks !
  • MargeMarge Posts: 503
    It appears he is using the stat screen from the mannequins. He just cut and pasted it all in one photo. The transparency is how it appears in CC naturally .
  • poppspopps Posts: 2,522
    Marge said:
    It appears he is using the stat screen from the mannequins. He just cut and pasted it all in one photo. The transparency is how it appears in CC naturally .
    Ah, thanks, never used a Mannequin so it looked not familiar to me.
  • zimazima Posts: 54
    Change shield for vesper chaos shield to get to fcr6? and if you are using WOD, wont you want FC4? Use FC1 on book, FC1 on brace, FC1 on halo, FC1 on shield?
  • popps said:
    Archangel said:
    Returning after many years away, my approach was also to drop Pendant of the Magi, and thanks to that am well above 70s in everything, even in reaper form. The pieces are the same that have been mentioned here, and My book is only 46SDI.
    Running Magery 120 (15 from jewel)
    Eval 120
    Med 95
    Spellweaving 120  (use its mastery)
    Inscription 100
    Poison 80
    Resist Spells 105 (w jewel). 

    How does it look to the experts?




    @ Archangel 

    out of curiosity, what is the interface that you are using to display those stats ?

    The reason that I am asking, is that I am using the Enhanced Client with Pinco and it looks different to me, for example, my Character Sheet, not only uses different icons but, among others, does not Display the Strength Bonus, Dexterity Bonus, Intelligence Bonus or Hit Point increase, Stamina increase, Mana increase and so forth that I see as shown in your pictures....

    Furthermore, yours is called "Equipment Stats", mine is called "Character sheet"....
    Hi Popps, I'm using classic client. the gear is seen like this because it's being worn by a mannequin, and that's how it shows when you click the mannequin option to display suit stats.  :)
  • Yes Classic Client and the Mannequin. 

    Like most said not having the 4/6 casting is making a huge difference. 

    Looking to upgrade the ring a little bit with some solid skill adds and at least 1/3 
    Lord Nabin
    High Council Sage
    Ancient Conclave of Wisdom

    ICQ 248-636-691
    Discord Lord Nabin#5433
    lordnabin@yahoo.com
Sign In or Register to comment.