a few silly questions

McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
Does Alchemy do anything in pvp?IE if i am gm do i still need enhance pots?

Chaos damage since we have no resistance to it how do you handle the damage? would a 100% chaos mage weapon make any sense 

am i the only one who enjoys ship to ship combat ???

1. Should Garr Grimbeard have to walk the plank ??4 votes
    1. yes
      100.00%
    2. no
        0.00%
  2. If Vanessa Chocula Finds Garr Grimbeard Flirtin with the ladies will she stab him ?4 votes
    1. Yes
      50.00%
    2. also yes
      50.00%
  3. would you enjoy PVP based Role playing on the high seas?4 votes
    1. yes
      50.00%
    2. no
      50.00%
Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 

Comments

• CookieCookie Posts: 1,257
    edited May 2020

Hiya,

a. Alchemy gives 30% Enhance Potions on top of the 50% max achievable with items = 80%. This works especially with greater heals, but also explosions, and plenty of other useful stuff. If you are GM Alchemist, it would be a waste not to have 50 EP, it is seriously useful if you have it. If you've got it, use it.

b. Chaos Damage isn't a separate unresistable damage type I believe, it is chaotic in which type of damage it delivers, ie it delivers the 5 damage types randomly. A 100% chaos weapon wouldn't necessarily make any sense, as you wouldn't know what damage type you would be doing, it could be hitting a weak or a strong resist. Just to note here - 100% Poison damage can be a benefit in PvP, especially with a heavy hitting bow or something. Poison is often the Resist that players reduce, to boost other resists, believing there are no dangerous poison spells to get them. Corpse Skin + 100% Poison Damage, can be very effective.

c. You may not be the only one, but it's a lot of effort to go to and may not have the numbers to support it. PvP is good when it's quick and easy, flowing, easy to get to and find. Whilst I like all the water based content, I've never done it myself, purely because it just seems so slow on the ships. Having said that, I took part in a very cool full out UO style old ship battle in Darkfall Online. Darkfall is a similer style to UO, except it is only Siege rules, we got about 20 players on each ship, and had a massive action, very cool fleet battle. There was also one very cool UO event years ago, on Europa, a Felucca ship battle, we had to win, get to, and claim some content before anyone else. Wraiths battleship beat off all the opposition, we dominated the waves, had a brilliant time, then some single rogue on a little rowing boat came from nowhere and got the prize... Honestly, we all had to laugh, it was good that that could happen. :)

• SkettSkett Posts: 1,387
    Is EP capped at 50% 
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,257
    Skett said:
    Is EP capped at 50% 

EP from Equipment and Items is capped at 50%.

You can get a further 30% with GM Alchemy.

• XrisXris Posts: 130
    Is there a cap on gheal pots? I added alchemy to my mage, did a few FS and tried a few gheal pots and it was pretty much the same.