Feedback on Shadowguard

MalokMalok Posts: 48
edited May 2020 in General Discussions
Today, I wanted to make a Shadowguard run, have not been there ever as that was not in the game the last I played.. Spent 2 hours going through each part solo until I was able to hit the roof. The fountain took quite a few tries. Anyways, nothing to loot along the way worthwhile, finally get to the roof, died a few times initially until I was finally able to beat anon the mage and all his people solo, killed all that junk he kept spawning, a good chunk of time was spent, as soon as he drops I get rushed by the next guy mini boss up and died, and thought didnt even get to loot, let me do this again, spent another good chunk of time, kill Anon again, this time i was able to open his corpse and find nothing but junk.. plain old npc bought items with no properties... How could this be, already 4 hours plus into this and get zippo. Wasn't a great experience, could only imagine if a new player experienced that, they would feel cheated. 

Comments

  • PawainPawain Posts: 5,992
    Shadowguard is a group encounter.  2 Can do it pretty smoothly.
  • MerusMerus Posts: 474
    Only the final shadowguard boss has corpse loot.
  • MalokMalok Posts: 48
    Pawain said:
    Shadowguard is a group encounter.  2 Can do it pretty smoothly.

    I'm not disagreeing with that, all I'm saying is, there is a huge time sink for naught, I'm not technically a new player, but never woulda thought a boss level mob has no loot on corpse. Should be at least a few high level items... Is there a chance for artifacts on those at least? 
  • MargeMarge Posts: 605
    Only the last of the four bosses has artifact level loot - some of the best in the game. Once you run thru it a few times it gets faster and easier. And yes it is a group encounter.
  • MalokMalok Posts: 48
    Marge said:
    Only the last of the four bosses has artifact level loot - some of the best in the game. Once you run thru it a few times it gets faster and easier. And yes it is a group encounter.
    It was one of the last 4.. anon.. is it the artifact that randomly placed in inventory or lootable?
  • MerusMerus Posts: 474
    Malok said:
    Marge said:
    Only the last of the four bosses has artifact level loot - some of the best in the game. Once you run thru it a few times it gets faster and easier. And yes it is a group encounter.
    It was one of the last 4.. anon.. is it the artifact that randomly placed in inventory or lootable?
    It ISN'T 1 of the last 4 that has loot OR gives drops... it is ONLY the 4th of the 4 that has them... if all of them had drops and loot people would abuse it by killing the first 3, leaving the roof, and being able to come straight back into the roof without doing the rooms again.
  • MargeMarge Posts: 605
    The legendary loot (armor and jewels) will be on the LAST boss' corpse. (You have to kill the other 3 that spawn in a random order and those 3 will have no artifact level loot.)

    There are chances at a drop such as the hawkwind's robe that will drop in your backpack after all the bosses are killed. These are NOT guaranteed every time you do the final encounter. (I had a fun run of no drop for 2 months straight.)

  • PawainPawain Posts: 5,992
    You did not finish, so you did not get loot. 
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 690
    I have only done it a couple times. I really enjoyed the need for a group working together and the loot but the initial quests have completely turned me off doing it ever again. 
  • MalokMalok Posts: 48
    Urge said:
    I have only done it a couple times. I really enjoyed the need for a group working together and the loot but the initial quests have completely turned me off doing it ever again. 

    Does that mean after I finish the roof, I have to then restart from the bar room and do the fountain etc etc ? rinse and repeat? The only tedious one is the fountain, tedious and it strained my eyes lol... Was no fun doing that room alone. The dragon was semi easy alone, bar was easy, the only one I had trouble with was the damn fountain. 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 5,992
    edited May 2020
    Yes if you got credit for the Roof, you have to do everything again.

    If you did not kill all four bosses you should be able to do the Roof now.  I once got killed and accidentally accepted to go the Abyss for my Body.  I had to wait a while but was able to start at the Roof.
  • MalokMalok Posts: 48
    Pawain said:
    Yes if you got credit for the Roof, you have to do everything again.

    If you did not kill all four bosses you should be able to do the Roof now.  I once got killed and accidentally accepted to go the Abyss for my Body.  I had to wait a while but was able to start at the Roof.

    Yeah I can't solo the other 3 yet.. Only can kill anon alone, The archer boss probably can solo if I give it a few more tries, the other 2, not looking good. Thought my Cu would be able to handle it, he took a beating!!!!! Maybe will try a G dragon . 
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 1,078
    The roof has been farmed so much that I am sure if you asked on your shard that there are people willing to show/go with you for the fastest way from beginning to end.
Sign In or Register to comment.