UO Transformers, 2020 discussion
I thought it might be useful to list all the various transformations available to our characters. I have some thoughts and likely corrections concerning several of them. They have been ordered by how long they have been part of the game.
- Incognito -- Problem: If you log out while transformed, next time you log on, your character will have the name of the Incognito character. His UI will be set to default. Once the spell expires, you can log back out and log back in, this time as yourself, with your normal UI.
- Polymorph -- Problem: I believe there is out of date information in the spellbook. It says using the spell will flag you as a criminal, but I can see no sign that this is still the case. If it is still true, um, why? One can walk around any town as a vampire, cu sidhe, or a gosh-darn tree with no negative reapercussions.
- Disguise Kit -- Problem (unsure): It's been a long time, but I believe it suffers from the same UI bug as Incognito.
- Wraith Form: +15% pysical resist, -5% energy and fire resists, +22% hit mana drain. Note: cannot ride mount
- Horrific Beast: +20 hit point regen, +25% damage increase. slower motion. Note: cannot ride mount. Cannot cast unless have a "focused build". Can use Spirit Speak and special combat moves even if non-focused.
- Lich Form: -5 hit point regen, +13 mana regen, -10% fire resistance, +10% cold and poison resistance
- Vampiric Embrace: poison immunity, 20% hit life drain, +15 stamina regen, +3 mana regen, -25% fire resistance
Ninjitsu (Animal Form)
- Rabbit/Rat: +20 stealth
- Cat/Dog: high health regen, rises with Ninjitsu skill. 35 at GM level
- Giant Serpent: inflicts low-level poison
- Bullfrog: splatters poison on attacker when hit
- Llama/Ostard: run at mount speed (as can all below native forms)
- Bake-Katsune/Wolf: plus hit chance and maximum hit points
- Ki-Rin: high stamina regen
- Unicorn: immunity to low-level poison
- White Tiger (mastery): +DCI, enhanced evasion, bleed attack
- (talismans via Heritage Tokens)
- *** Squirrel: no unique ability. You look like a squirrel. Umm, yay!
- *** Ferret: +10 stealing
- *** Cu Sidhe: occasionally auto-self-heal with bandages
- *** Reptalon: occasional fire breath attack
- (Notes): All forms are extremely limited in what they can do. Besides their form's ability, they can only fight with a weapon or wrestle, transform back to their native form, hide, stealth, and cast Mirror Image and Shadow Jump. That is it. No special moves, no other spells, no spirit speak. An argument could be made that with the extremely high (almost double cap) health regen on cat and dog forms, such limitations make sense. But why are the other forms so limited? I suggest all forms but cat/dog be able to do most things, but only if the ninja has a focused build. This would bring it much more in line with the Necromancy transforms. If it is felt necessary to balance the special ability with a small nerf, give the transformed character a small swing speed penalty or something similar.
Mysticism (100 Mysticism, 100 Focus)
- Stone Form: resistant to most poison, -10 SSI, -2 cast speed, +8% all resists, +4% all resist caps, +16% damage increase, slower motion.
Spellweaving (97.7 spellweaving and no arcane circle except that granted by tier 2 mastery)
- Reaper Form: +12% SSI, +12% SDI, +7% physical, poison, cold, and energy resists, -25% fire resist, slower motion.
- Ethereal Voyage: 19 seconds of being ignored by monsters. Cannot ride mount.
Rock (formerly Imperterritus VXt, Baja)