Loot Rules

Something seems off, the new invasion, seems like 7 times out of 10, im wasting my time killing bosses and captains, generals and never get looting rights, even when arrived with mob at full health, some of these taking up 5 minutes of time to help kill... ???? 

Comments

• TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    It is not consistent. I've done at least 4000 points of damage to a titan and not received looting rights. Other times I've done less than 2000 points and got looting rights.
  • MalokMalok Posts: 48
    Exactly!! I must have just done 50 points of damage and got looting rights to a titan.... Something is bugged or off, or I just dont understand the system. 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    On a titan.  I got there late and before I targeted the all kill I  was Insta killed by the area spell and the Titan died while I was a ghost.  I decided to try. I got loot rights. An archer was complaining that they did not get it.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • XrisXris Posts: 130
    I hit it with 2 lightning's and got looting rights, this was on my mystic. On my tamer my pet was on it the whole time and got zilch.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,211
    Looting rights are both Damage delt and Damage received with some being no looting right unless you take damage. 
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Personally, I think that Looting rights only favour the older, well established players and characters who often have the most trained and scrolled Templates, pets, expensive and high end gear and weapons which can, althougether, deliver the most damage and, thus, secure to themselves the drops leaving the other players empty handed....

Sure, players can also heal but, apparently, doing top damage, saved a few cases as reported where players felt doing high damage and not getting a drop, still seems to me to be the most reliable way to get a drop, unfortunately....

Not to mention the issue, with the current invasion, that most players capable to doing the higher damage just show up in a Town when the invasion starts, target the NPCs which drop the spellbooks, and then leave the rest of the spawn which drops less interesting items to players who instead have to spend way more time to clear that Town from the spawn so that another Town invasion can start.

Only to then see those same high damaging players show up in the next New Town again for those few starting minutes, kill the better items dropping NPCs (the spellbooks), and then again leave thus leaving to other players to clear the spawn for little to no real reward.

I think that this pattern of delivering Rewards to players mostly favours older and wealthier Templates and might discourage newer players to want to participate.

I hope that for future Events the Developers will come up with a better way to award drops to players where also Templates who are not as Developed, wealthy and all scrolled and geared up can get good drops.

And also, to have drops be "spread out" across the spawn and not be awarded by a specific NPC as it is for the Town Invasions where lots of players all go for the same NPCs to get those better drops and neglect all of the others, for the most part.
    @popps ; Somehow new and returning players wearing crap armor and terrible templates are getting books. Also new tamers with unscrolled pets.  And we have big crowds.  If you are not within 3 screens of the Titan you dont see it alive. 
    popps said:
    Personally, I think that Looting rights only favour the older, well established players and characters who often have the most trained and scrolled Templates, pets, expensive and high end gear and weapons which can, althougether, deliver the most damage and, thus, secure to themselves the drops leaving the other players empty handed....

Sure, players can also heal but, apparently, doing top damage, saved a few cases as reported where players felt doing high damage and not getting a drop, still seems to me to be the most reliable way to get a drop, unfortunately....

Not to mention the issue, with the current invasion, that most players capable to doing the higher damage just show up in a Town when the invasion starts, target the NPCs which drop the spellbooks, and then leave the rest of the spawn which drops less interesting items to players who instead have to spend way more time to clear that Town from the spawn so that another Town invasion can start.

Only to then see those same high damaging players show up in the next New Town again for those few starting minutes, kill the better items dropping NPCs (the spellbooks), and then again leave thus leaving to other players to clear the spawn for little to no real reward.

I think that this pattern of delivering Rewards to players mostly favours older and wealthier Templates and might discourage newer players to want to participate.

I hope that for future Events the Developers will come up with a better way to award drops to players where also Templates who are not as Developed, wealthy and all scrolled and geared up can get good drops.

And also, to have drops be "spread out" across the spawn and not be awarded by a specific NPC as it is for the Town Invasions where lots of players all go for the same NPCs to get those better drops and neglect all of the others, for the most part.

Which NPCs drop the spellbooks? 
    @popps have you even done the invasions, didnt think so.  Most people have their pups there killing the Gens, on down so everybody is doing about the same damage and I see very few players attacking them so it is mainly Tamers R Us and every high NPC drops something just open up their paperdoll and you will see what type of player they are I have a ton of weps and I have yet to see a Mage General so the books are very rare this time around just like the other invasion.

PLEASE PLEASE before you go off on another one of your BLAH BLAH BLAH go play the game and stop giving out BS advise.
    Malok said:
    popps said:

Which NPCs drop the spellbooks? 
    Mage Generals.  Just double click their health bar and see what wep they are carrying.  I have gotten some very nice weps for my warrior clan.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    All my characters with magery are some kind of hybrid and don't have eval, so I'm not looking for drops. With that in mind I took my bard along with some guild mates, disco'ing their targets and provoing spawn that was attacking them away from them, casting the odd heal on them. Also using discord masteries here and there. I didn't expect to get any drops, but I have. It's not about how much damage you do, but how involved you are. Do damage, take damage, heal folk around you. 
    I'm actually having more fun as a support char than attacking stuff solo.
    @ popps have you even done the invasions, didnt think so.  Most people have their pups there killing the Gens, on down so everybody is doing about the same damage and I see very few players attacking them so it is mainly Tamers R Us and every high NPC drops something just open up their paperdoll and you will see what type of player they are I have a ton of weps and I have yet to see a Mage General so the books are very rare this time around just like the other invasion.

PLEASE PLEASE before you go off on another one of your BLAH BLAH BLAH go play the game and stop giving out BS advise.
    The Mages are not rare, they spawn like the other NPCs types only, they get down all of them in like the first 5 minutes that the invasion starts in a Town because everyone jumps on them...

That is why you do not get to see them... the other NPCs drops ?

Did you look at the mods on those weapons ? People drop them on the ground so, I do not thnik that there is many players finding them of any usefullness... they do not even give good clean up points...

So, it is all about the very first 5 or 10 minutes that a Town is invaded, the Mages go down in no time, only a few players get the books (those with better characters, most advanced and scrolled up pets and doing the top damage) and then they leave Town and some poor fellow got to work for countless time to clean up the trash and have another Town start only to see the same pattern....

The high damaging players on the Shard come over, clean up the Mages in 5 or 10 minutes, get their books drop and rinse and repeat.

You like it, great, enjoy it.... I am just saying that, to my opinion, it is not well thought out at least towards players who cannot compete in doing that much damage nor in regards to those players who actually stay to clean up the trash for another Town to start.

The Titan ?

Did you look at its loot ? Unravelling stuff for the most part.... so not even staying for the Titan (and thus working to clean up the trash spawn) is worth the effort....

This is OK, this Event was just restarted given the current situation and I am fine with that, no complaint. This is old stuff.

What I am only pointing out here, is that I hope that for FUTURE game content, the Developer will totally rethink how drops are given to players and NOT just give the good stuff to those players who got the best suits, best pets etc. etc.

I mean, how much sense does it make to always give the same best items to the people who keep collecting them a go go easy because they got the templates who can get them easy ?

Make it more widespread, I say, including new and returning players to have a chance at this good items drops....
    All my characters with magery are some kind of hybrid and don't have eval, so I'm not looking for drops. With that in mind I took my bard along with some guild mates, disco'ing their targets and provoing spawn that was attacking them away from them, casting the odd heal on them. Also using discord masteries here and there. I didn't expect to get any drops, but I have. It's not about how much damage you do, but how involved you are. Do damage, take damage, heal folk around you. 
    Did you get BOOKS ?

Or did you get the useless weapons ?

Because that differs a lot.

Everyone jumps on the Mages to get the Books and it is EXTREMELY hard to be within the 3 top damagers there with so many players tackling them.

The other NPCs that hardly anyone fights and do it most because they got to clean up the trash spawn to start another Town is way easier to get looting rights on....
  • jelinidasjelinidas Posts: 352
    popps said:

Make it more widespread, I say, including new and returning players to have a chance at this good items drops....
    One of my kids just came back to UO less then two weeks ago and started a new account. No tokens for skill gains. Brand new acct, brand new char. She is legendary tamer starting from 50. Tamed her own pet and scrolled it with 110s. She does just fine! You have been here forever and bitch about not getting drops. Is it the game or is it you? BTW, all I did was buy her a house, and not a very big one either, lol.
  • PicusPicus Posts: 13
    The books are decent but far from game changers.

Personally I'd wait and farm something that has value, sell that and buy needed books as I wanted.  This event was dull the first time around and will be the same this time.  Farm the mage, get book, wait for the shard to clean up the town and repeat.  

Popps, make a guy on a dead server and farm them there if you so desire, lots of options and most servers are empty.

CLICKITTY CLICK IS LAMESAUCE!

• Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    @popps
    Transfer one of your toons to LA. Small enough population that you can find Generals all to yourself, and the scripters that dominated every spot for ToT aren't good enough to try it on the invasions so they're not as big of a headache.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
    edited May 2020
    @ popps
    Transfer one of your toons to LA. Small enough population that you can find Generals all to yourself, and the scripters that dominated every spot for ToT aren't good enough to try it on the invasions so they're not as big of a headache.
    Thanks for the heads up and I may do it but really, I posted mostly in the hope that for FUTURE game content the Developers will make things work much differently...

As it is now, it only promotes and incentivates the quick and hard hitters, not really all of the rest of the players...

Besides, what is the point to Design only the Mages carry the good stuff with the rest of the NPC drop weapons which noone cares about and drop them on the ground ?

Furthermore, why on earth were these Mages get to spawn all at the beginning and not throughout all of the Spawn thus forcing players to have to participate to all of the spawn and not just kill the Mages, get their books and leave all of the trash for other players to clean up ?

Not to mention, that the drops should have been random to my opinion, not spellbooks on Mages and weapons on dexers or archers... this way, players would have been incentivated to kill all of the spawn and not just what they wanted...

Maybe to orders it may make sense that all the good stuff (the spellbooks) gets gone in 5-10 minutes and then it takes countless time for the few players who stay to clean up the trash spawn with not much to get out of it.... but to me, it makes no sense whatsoever......

Anyways, as I said this is only a rectivation for the current circumstances so no big deal, what I am concerned is for future adding of content....

I SURE HOPE that drops mechanics will be handled way, but waaaaay differently by the Developers and more fairly towards all of the players and not only towards those players who already have it all and thus the best suits, the best pets, all scrolls they want and blah blah.

Otherwise, I am not sure how the Devs may want to get new and returning players to stick playing the game and not just check it out for a week or two, see how they cannot compete with existing players and thus then leave...

Oh well.... @Kyronix , @Bleak , want to please give a thought to this ? Thanks.....
    @popps so those of us who played for years should be at a disadvantage or equal footing with the NOOBS?

great idea. Devs please ignore popps.
    Pawain said:
    @ popps so those of us who played for years should be at a disadvantage or equal footing with the NOOBS?

great idea. Devs please ignore popps.
    If we want more people to stick playing UO yeah, there should not be such a great divide....

If only those best geared up and with the most scrolled pets end up getting all of the new stuff and goodies, what is the point for new and returning players who cannot compete and for a long time until they get all scrolls, uber pets and amazing gear to want to stick with playing Ultima Online when there is so many great games out there that compete with it ?

There needs to be a random factor of randomness where also those doing less damage can get their chance at good items drops, me thinks...

This, if we want more players to pay their subscriptions to help UO get going...

At least, that is what my opinion on this is.
    edited May 2020
    @popps like I said earlier. There are a bunch of new and returning players on LS. We tell them in chat to attack the ones with staffs and cloaks first. 
    They are getting books and bloody cloaks just fine.
    I base my opinions on what I see while playing UO.  There are at least 20 players at the invasions on LS during prime times.

You are making an issue about something that has no issue.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    edited May 2020
    Pure mages like myself are at a disadvantage when it comes to the generals and captains. None of our slayers spell books work on them. Ironic when you consider they carry the very slayer spell books that we want. So we mages need to work with others to take down the generals and captains.  Last night I got a long sought after 30 SDI flame slayer because I help kill a general.
    I got 2 books today finally... BUT.. They should change the drop and make it random among all NPC's so they can't be cherry picked... 
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,942Moderator
    Please remember this is an unscheduled event. No changes can be made at this time.
    The NPCs drop the item that is appropriate to their skill. Fencers drop fencing weapons, archers, archer weapons etc.
    edited May 2020
    Mariah said:
    Please remember this is an unscheduled event. No changes can be made at this time.
    The NPCs drop the item that is appropriate to their skill. Fencers drop fencing weapons, archers, archer weapons etc.

Absolutely, and I said it first thing that I understand that completely.

My argument is, rather, that I hope that for whatever FUTURE content that they are working on, they will want to "change" the way that drops are given to players and think up a way where not always the same players with high end suits or pets, all scrolled up and thus most always capable to ending up in the top damagers get all the goodies with most of the other players then having to spend countless time and clean up the trash spawn for little to nothing....

At least, that is what I would like to see for the better sake of ALL players of Ultima Online and not just always the same, most advanced and wealthy top ones with all their gear/pets being high end....

Hay @popps did you ever think that the weps being dropped are mostly 2 handed and not at the top of the leaches.  So I suppose a kyrss with %98DI %80 LL %84 SL with other mods and NO NEG is junk.  But with you only supposedly playing a Tamer and no clue about anything else is ok. 
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    popps said:
    Did you get BOOKS ?

Or did you get the useless weapons ?

Because that differs a lot.

Everyone jumps on the Mages to get the Books and it is EXTREMELY hard to be within the 3 top damagers there with so many players tackling them.

The other NPCs that hardly anyone fights and do it most because they got to clean up the trash spawn to start another Town is way easier to get looting rights on....
    No popps, I haven't got books. As I said, I don't have chars with eval so the books are useless to me. Loot is not the only reason to participate in the event.
    I also said I'm actually having more fun as a support char than attacking stuff solo.
  • TchallaTchalla Posts: 24
    I went for a couple of hours yesterday with my chiv archer. I think I got looting rights just once. The titans were nearly dead by the time I got to them due to the number of tamers killing them. After a while, I just stopped. I was losing money on arrows and insurance (I died once due to getting lagged up).

This is not a complaint. I simply decided this event wasn't for me. It's a shame, since my mage could certainly use one of the spellbooks. But I won't be too upset without one.

Meanwhile, I went back to leveling up my tamer.
    Hay @ popps did you ever think that the weps being dropped are mostly 2 handed and not at the top of the leaches.  So I suppose a kyrss with %98DI %80 LL %84 SL with other mods and NO NEG is junk.  But with you only supposedly playing a Tamer and no clue about anything else is ok. 
    If they are such great weapons, why would people then drop them on the ground all over with them?
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,019
    popps said:
    If they are such great weapons, why would people then drop them on the ground all over with them?
    For the same reason people still think Sampires are the top PvM template. UO players tend to follow what others have established. It's quite often easier than figuring out some unfamiliar mechanic on your own. I do the exact same thing.

However, some of those weapons are pretty incredible for the right template.
    -Arroth
    popps said:
    Hay @ popps did you ever think that the weps being dropped are mostly 2 handed and not at the top of the leaches.  So I suppose a kyrss with %98DI %80 LL %84 SL with other mods and NO NEG is junk.  But with you only supposedly playing a Tamer and no clue about anything else is ok. 
    Do you not UNDERSTAND that they were not the top one being put into your back pack that in fact there were better one also that people were keeping or is that beyond your understanding.  Did you even do the invasion or are you just doing your normal BLAH BLAH BLAH without even playing the game?  What drops did you get in your back pack that is assuming that you did the invasion which IMHO you did not.